Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wedge design.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by E30bimmerman
    There is really no need in my opinion to redesign something like the wedge. I have one on my intelliframe and I have no issues with it. I love how much easier it is to sholder and brings the marker closer to the shooter. The only thing we really need is to get someone to start making them again and maybe make one with a slightly smaller angle for those z grips. Just my $0.2 on the matter. I know there are alot of guys out there looking for one.
    Exactly you nailed it!!! Seems like every forum I go onto there is a demand for them once someone decides to make them again alot more people are gonna want them. Make them and they will come

No one makes a simple wedge anymore?

wedge

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    No one makes a simple wedge anymore?
    FBM MAKES THEM
    but I believe some of us AO'ers would like to see you make them like the NDZ angled drop no changes just make em

That's doable. I will look into this again when the grip frame is complete...

I pretty sure FMB isn't doing them either. I ask about them when I asked about the stilettos.

Fbm

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    I pretty sure FMB isn't doing them either. I ask about them when I asked about the stilettos.
    You gotta talk to the right person there they have a kid answering phones in the morning I ordered two a few months back and they got to me in three days.Theyre also on there web page

Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    You gotta talk to the right person there they have a kid answering phones in the morning I ordered two a few months back and they got to me in three days.Theyre also on there web page
    Can you show me a FBM wedge?

Fbm

I'm in Texas for another 10 days but I'll see what I can do about getting a pic up of on. I would really hope you be interested in making a wedge closer to Ndz

Any thoughts on a wedge that would allow for a sleeper pneu mod?

Sleeper wedge

Thinking that might be difficult sealing it to asa and bottom of grip frame unless you have a grip frame with a wedge under side incorporated in it already. I don't think any machinist would be up to that? Just my .02 cents

Thinking that might be difficult sealing it to asa and bottom of grip frame unless you have a grip frame with a wedge under side incorporated in it already. I don't think any machinist would be up to that? Just my .02 cents
    Yeah, I'm a machinist myself. Been kinda kicking around the idea in my head. Sometimes a second set of eyes sees the obvious. Maybe someone else can come up with a simple solution.

Um, I would think you could do it just like you would a direct mount Asa.

You drill the asa and put an o ring in to seal it to the grip frame.

With a wedge you will drill the asa and also the wedge. You use an o ring to seal the asa to the wedge and another o ring to seal the wedge to the grip frame. Just a bit more work but should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    Um, I would think you could do it just like you would a direct mount Asa.

You drill the asa and put an o ring in to seal it to the grip frame.

With a wedge you will drill the asa and also the wedge. You use an o ring to seal the asa to the wedge and another o ring to seal the wedge to the grip frame. Just a bit more work but should be doable.
    I tossed that idea around also but was thinking you have more orings more problems aka more money more problems. nature of the game.

What if you secured the wedge from inside the frame? Instead of coming up from the bottom through the ASA to secure it, you came from above through the frame into the wedge. You could secure the ASA to the bottom of the wedge as you would normally to the frame from the bottom.

Biggest issue I see is where to put the hole. Look at the distance between the holes in the pic on the first page. Not much space there to play with.

Cant you elbow the hole? drill part way down from the top and then come back through from the bottom? I don't think the hole has to be that big.

Wedge

At this point were just trying to get him to make one like NDZ's wedge.

At this point were just trying to get him to make one like NDZ's wedge.
    No worries, I'm just going to keep it simple at this point and get it done (after the grip frame) I have materials already for a simple wedge.

Smile You

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    No worries, I'm just going to keep it simple at this point and get it done (after the grip frame) I have materials already for a simple wedge.
    Thanks Luke!

you could possibly use a LPR extension that could go thru the Wedge? that would eliminate the extra O-ring? if you have access to a square aluminum block, drill holes to mount to the frame and then cut the square aluminum block into two 45 degree triangles and then you will have to wedges to experiment with? countersink the mounting holes to the frame, drill and tap the holes to mount a ASA and then drill a hole up the middle of the wedge big enough for the LPR extension to go thru? hopefully i said that right? if not my bad? if i had the machines to do it i would try it out, but it shouldnt be too hard to do with the proper tools?
    Last edited by need4reebs; 08-27-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs
    you could possibly use a LPR extension that could go thru the Wedge? that would eliminate the extra O-ring? if you have access to a square aluminum block, drill holes to mount to the frame and then cut the square aluminum block into two 45 degree triangles and then you will have to wedges to experiment with? countersink the mounting holes to the frame, drill and tap the holes to mount a ASA and then drill a hole up the middle of the wedge big enough for the LPR extension to go thru? hopefully i said that right? if not my bad? if i had the machines to do it i would try it out, but it shouldnt be too hard to do with the proper tools?

and Crickets to another good idea? oh well???

Lpr extension

You got pics of Lpr extension

I would love to see something bigger then a wedge, something like the old endo cradle that not only angled the tank, but pushed it back away from the trigger frame as well.

You got pics of Lpr extension

there is a pic in the Pneumag kit section

Guys, I'm a one man band, I can only do one project at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    I would love to see something bigger then a wedge, something like the old endo cradle that not only angled the tank, but pushed it back away from the trigger frame as well.
    That is what I'm looking into instead of the off-set, just kicking it back a tad will clean up the grip-wrist-tank problem.

Here is what I was working on>

Last edited by luke; 08-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

wrong angle.

Incorrecto

No bueno sorry I know it takes time effort swet etc. just s simple new Luke designz angled drop kick would do just fine. I have a New Designz Drop Kick waiting for me in the mailbox as soon as I get home I can take photos and measurements if you'd like look

those look like the ol Kapp drops, just these have a dove tail...i cant remember if the Kapp drops have the dove tail or not tho?

nope the kapp drop doesnt have a dovetail...here is a pic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kapp-Drop-Fo...item22f51d92c7
    Last edited by need4reebs; 08-28-2012 at 05:32 AM.

hmmm I like it Luke. Just estimating comparing that to my endo, it should put the tank around the same area as the Endo Jr would.

I will have to do a mockup to figure out a good angle, just moving the tank back changes how the tank rests on the shoulder. But I think this will fix the grip/tank/wrist issue.