Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wedge design.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    But I think this will fix the grip/tank/wrist issue.

Question

So if I'm looking at it right, this design is moving the tank further back on the frame ?

Why ?

The purpose of the NDZ Drop Kick design is to get the gun closer to you making
    your arms closer to your body, a tighter package, so to speak.

Maybe I'm just not understanding how it attaches to the frame.

Wedge

I totally agree with this guy ^^^^^just keep it the same as Ndz drop kick simple

Have you guys played all day with a Z-Grip or one of these Drop-kicks?

If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

These drops are great but they have a flaw...a very painful flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    I totally agree with this guy ^^^^^just keep it the same as Ndz drop kick simple

hey River and Ando here is that idea, took 30 minutes with a hack saw and ill clean it up with some sand paper...but you end up with 2 angled drops similar to the FBM and NDZ drops, and the bigger piece can be used to experiment with the Sleeper mod? just used a extra A-5 drop adapter that can be bought off ebay for 12.95 and under

Pics

would be alot easier to do if ya had better tools, but it can be cut with a hacksaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ando

If not, then you don't know nor do you understand what Luke is trying to accomplish with this design. Let him work the kinks out and then pick it apart.

Maybe it would work better for a z grip.

But not for a standard frame.

And yes I have used a drop kick all day with no issues.

Whats it supposedly causing pain to ?

Thats news to me.

First of all Yes I have. Man up ando
    Secondly I was the one asking him to make a drop kick wedge For me but then he wanted to see if there was more interest

Just for reference, although the endo design pushes the tank regulator back, the angle actually makes for a tighter setup. I roughly traced out lukes design in my sign program and overlayed it on top of this picture, of course I was guessing on the size, but the current angle did look more like the drop kick then the endo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Just for reference, although the endo design pushes the tank regulator back, the angle actually makes for a tighter setup. I roughly traced out lukes design in my sign program and overlayed it on top of this picture, of course I was guessing on the size, but the current angle did look more like the drop kick then the endo.

There is nooooo way that the endo cradle gets the bottle and gun in tighter than a Ndz drop kick I'll hook mine up today and post a pick
    I'll leave it to the computer savi to do a side by side comparison

There is nooooo way that the endo cradle gets the bottle and gun in tighter than a Ndz drop kick I'll hook mine up today and post a pick
    I'll leave it to the computer savi to do a side by side comparison
    I don't know... looking at the NDZ that going home posted, compared to the Endo that Arstron posted, and it looks like he's right. Just judging from the back of the valve to the back of the tank, it appears that the Endo makes a shorter distance. The tank sits higher, and on a slightly different angle, but that's exactly what makes it tighter in the front-to-back line.

Of course, it's not going to look that way if you post a pic using something smaller than a 68/45 tank or using something other than a standard-sized regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    I don't know... looking at the NDZ that going home posted, compared to the Endo that Arstron posted, and it looks like he's right. Just judging from the back of the valve to the back of the tank, it appears that the Endo makes a shorter distance. The tank sits higher, and on a slightly different angle, but that's exactly what makes it tighter in the front-to-back line.

Of course, it's not going to look that way if you post a pic using something smaller than a 68/45 tank or using something other than a standard-sized regulator.
    What If you slid the tank and forward with the dove tail then what kind of angle would you have then?

I mounted a Drop Kick on a vert frame and did NOT like the feel of my tank and wrist fighting for space, so I never even used it in a game. I can only imagine what a Y or Z-grip would feel like. The Endo looks like it solves that with an noticeable drop.

Looking forward to see what you come up with, Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    I mounted a Drop Kick on a vert frame and did NOT like the feel of my tank and wrist fighting for space, so I never even used it in a game. I can only imagine what a Y or Z-grip would feel like. The Endo looks like it solves that with an noticeable drop.

Looking forward to see what you come up with, Luke.
    Do you still have your Ndz drop kick? If you don't like It Free up I'll take it and yes looking forward to seeing what the final Luke's design will be

Guys, I'm a one man band, I can only do one project at a time.

That is what I'm looking into instead of the off-set, just kicking it back a tad will clean up the grip-wrist-tank problem.

Here is what I was working on>

Luke I like and trust your expertise

Here is a quick little comparison I did while bored here at work. If going_home's mag had a regular 45 there would still only be maybe a 1/2" difference, not what I expected from the pictures i've seen of the drop kick. Both tanks are very close in length from end to where the regulator screws.

http://www.fusionowners.org/compare.jpg

First of all Yes I have. Man up ando t
    It's not a question of manning up. It's the carpel tunnel feeling you get the day after playing

Secondly I was the one asking him to make a drop kick wedge For me but then he wanted to see if there was more interest
    This isn't lukes first time to the rodeo. He and I (more he) came up with a different drop kick design like 2 yrs ago. Tried to incorporate his Zgrip drop with the wedge.

Biggest issue with the wedges to include the Z-Frame is where the gauges and fittings sit once the tank is sitting at it's 45* angle. Gloves are somewhat needed to play.

All day play with gauges and fittings resting on the wrist will turn any good time into a problem.

It's not a question of manning up. It's the carpel tunnel feeling you get the day after playing

This isn't lukes first time to the rodeo. He and I (more he) came up with a different drop kick design like 2 yrs ago. Tried to incorporate his Zgrip drop with the wedge.

Biggest issue with the wedges to include the Z-Frame is where the gauges and fittings sit once the tank is sitting at it's 45* angle. Gloves are somewhat needed to play.

All day play with gauges and fittings resting on the wrist will turn any good time into a problem.
    Sorry to here you suffer from Carple tunnel.
    Where are the other designs you and Luke have been doing R&D on for the last 2years?now that I no longer have a zgrip maybe an ando aka endo type drop may be better? Personally I play very tight so I'm interested in a design that keeps the marker in close I play up front alot so in playing up front it beneficial to have it tucked in close.Looking forward to what Luke ends up with

The off-set wedge design has been prototyped, tested and failed a few years ago. It’s something I do want to figure out just because I have it in my mind that I can with some effort. Even if I do a simple wedge for guys that don’t care about wrist angle, that does not mean I’m not going to pursue the other. The reason for this thread was to find out likes and dislikes on the various configurations and the problems they pose for players; gathering that information gives me a direction for the design process. There really is no right or wrong answer and it’s not a competition for a single design to win a production run.

Thumbs up

The off-set wedge design has been prototyped, tested and failed a few years ago. It’s something I do want to figure out just because I have it in my mind that I can with some effort. Even if I do a simple wedge for guys that don’t care about wrist angle, that does not mean I’m not going to pursue the other. The reason for this thread was to find out likes and dislikes on the various configurations and the problems they pose for players; gathering that information gives me a direction for the design process. There really is no right or wrong answer and it’s not a competition for a single design to win a production run.

Sorry to here you suffer from Carple tunnel.
    Lol...I don't have it, but it sucks never the less. If you play with gloves on then you probably never experienced it. I don't like playing with gloves but it's really a must for me since everything i shoot has either a wedge or stiletto installed.

Lol...I don't have it, but it sucks never the less. If you play with gloves on then you probably never experienced it. I don't like playing with gloves but it's really a must for me since everything i shoot has either a wedge or stiletto installed.
    I don't play with gloves and yes I did get a my thumb knuckle a bit raw

Lightbulb Design of wedge

Thats a cool idea, I may be able to use that for the off-set design, thanks for the post...

Wink Your welcome

Thats a cool idea, I may be able to use that for the off-set design, thanks for the post...
    Your welcome
    I predict some will like and some may not like

I like it. what rail is that?

Wedge

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    I like it. what rail is that?
    Home brew wedge

Home brew wedge
    The wedge is, but the rail on the red ule?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    The wedge is, but the rail on the red ule?
    tac1 rail may be for sale soon not sure yet I have a slug rail in need to get milled out first for project

Up

Bump LUKE bump

I cant even begin to think about this until the frames, triggers and panels are done. I'm a one man show.