Thread: So this is the new Emag....

So this is the new Emag....

http://www.tippmann.com/crossover.aspx

Everything that should have been done years ago to the Emag.

suaze Guest
    Well, it's looks much better than the Gryphon.

ya for real

return of the tippinators?

Was wondering when they would finally get around to it.

Exclamation

Looks a little like a Shocker, and a bit like an Ion to me.

Well, it is reported that AGD not only gave it's blessing but also gave technical information and assistanceon the development of the X-7 PHENOM, it only makes since to put the Flex valve into a non-milsim frame for the "rest" of the ballers out there.

The foregrip looks weird. Is AGD making any money off from this?

Holy crap! That's the first I have ever heard of this marker. That is awesome! I'm for sure going to be buying one. Anyone know the price of the marker as of yet?

Can we get a clearer picture of that cut away showing the internals? Looks ugly as sin, but would like to know how it shoots. Looks like the current market trend is to make guns based off the mag. What with the mini, axe, Etha, now this. I'm sure I missed one in there to.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81
    Holy crap! That's the first I have ever heard of this marker. That is awesome! I'm for sure going to be buying one. Anyone know the price of the marker as of yet?
    It is due for release late spring (so figure September) and should price in the mid range for tourny markers....

Quote Originally Posted by leloup
    The foregrip looks weird. Is AGD making any money off from this?
    We could hope some financial arrangement was made......
    The foregrip looks weird because there is no hose running to it; it's just a foregrip.
    Last edited by Silverback; 02-27-2012 at 08:23 PM.

for materials used to produce the price seems a little steep. could get an Etha for 50 bucks less
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Looks interesting. It will need a color other than black for the "other side" of the market though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    Looks interesting. It will need a color other than black for the "other side" of the market though.
    I think someone mentioned that the frame was not metal. This may pose a problem with other colors. Personally, I am fine with black. Now if they made a Tiger strip camo.....

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I think someone mentioned that the frame was not metal. This may pose a problem with other colors. Personally, I am fine with black. Now if they made a Tiger strip camo.....
    Hah, there's a Tippmann "color kit" - Tiger Stripe, Multi-Cam, Olive Drab, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing the efficiency test done on this marker. I will for sure be picking one up in July at the Michigan Monster Game. That is if it is released by then lol...says late spring but we know how that all goes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81
    429 is the number I have heard sir.

Every shop Ive looked at online so far has it listed at $449.95 for price so as stated before $50 bucks less and ya got an Etha

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRedneck86
    Every shop Ive looked at online so far has it listed at $449.95 for price so as stated before $50 bucks less and ya got an Etha
    You shot an Etha though? I know the one that I shot had one of the worst feeling shots out of any gun I've ever shot. Very unimpressed by the Etha. I was wondering how eclipse justified releasing it. Like I shot around 50 balls out of it and absolutely HATED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit451
    You shot an Etha though? I know the one that I shot had one of the worst feeling shots out of any gun I've ever shot. Very unimpressed by the Etha. I was wondering how eclipse justified releasing it. Like I shot around 50 balls out of it and absolutely HATED it.
    No I havent shot an Etha yet but I was really impressed by a pretty through torture test of the especially with the total water emersion and then pulled out and powered right on.

Also not trying to sound like a dick or start a fight but I can pose the same ? to you about shooting the crossover, and each person has their own preferences on feel I personally love the feel of poppets, cockers and mags but for the life of me cant stand modern spoolies or most lowend milsims.

Now dont get me wrong I find this gun interesting but to me seems just a bit over priced these days for the target market they are trying to hit

Hm, the Crossover looks interesting. As said before, a "modern age" E-Mag. The price on the other hand seems quite high, especially compared to an Etha. I need to try out the Crossover when it's available here in Germany, hopefully this happens before X-Mas this year

BTW: an Etha doesn't feel that bad when shooting, at least if the owner hasn't messed up the settings and put a few cases through it.

No I havent shot an Etha yet but I was really impressed by a pretty through torture test of the especially with the total water emersion and then pulled out and powered right on.

Also not trying to sound like a dick or start a fight but I can pose the same ? to you about shooting the crossover, and each person has their own preferences on feel I personally love the feel of poppets, cockers and mags but for the life of me cant stand modern spoolies or most lowend milsims.

Now dont get me wrong I find this gun interesting but to me seems just a bit over priced these days for the target market they are trying to hit
    No you're right, I haven't shot a crossover. My point was, if tippmann makes it halfway decent, it will be well worth the extra 50 as compared I the Etha. As far as my gun preferences I'm a big stacked poppet fan. I'll shoot whatever, and have shot about everything, but always go back to the stacked tube. And of course, I like mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit451
    No you're right, I haven't shot a crossover. My point was, if tippmann makes it halfway decent, it will be well worth the extra 50 as compared I the Etha. As far as my gun preferences I'm a big stacked poppet fan. I'll shoot whatever, and have shot about everything, but always go back to the stacked tube. And of course, I like mags.
    Oh I see your point but mine is I haven't been impressed by Tippmanns product quality since Ben left the company. I see alot of hit and miss some guns could survive being nuked and others just start falling apart when looked at wrong. Especially when Ive taken a bunch apart just to fix a stupid trigger spring thats just been offset instead of making the space smaller so the spring doesnt have a chance to tilt sideways and disable the gun making it seem like a wornout sear.

Im also thinking about the target market they are trying to hit which is a woodsball base with the ocassional tourny thrown in and having the whispers confirmed this week about the milsim upgrades for the Etha it seems to be a better buy taking into account the base marker is geared for speedball but now they can put the $50 they saved towards gussying up the Etha for their woodsball pleasures and then strip it down again for speedball

Oh I see your point but mine is I haven't been impressed by Tippmanns product quality since Ben left the company. I see alot of hit and miss some guns could survive being nuked and others just start falling apart when looked at wrong. Especially when Ive taken a bunch apart just to fix a stupid trigger spring thats just been offset instead of making the space smaller so the spring doesnt have a chance to tilt sideways and disable the gun making it seem like a wornout sear.

Im also thinking about the target market they are trying to hit which is a woodsball base with the ocassional tourny thrown in and having the whispers confirmed this week about the milsim upgrades for the Etha it seems to be a better buy taking into account the base marker is geared for speedball but now they can put the $50 they saved towards gussying up the Etha for their woodsball pleasures and then strip it down again for speedball

I just purchased an Etha and to be honest for it's price point it's a pretty decent marker. With the crossover jumping into the "mid range" market it is going to be tough that is for sure but the Crossover offers something none of the markers in that price bracket have...the ability to shoot in Mechanical as well as electronic modes and that's what will set it apart from the rest. It beats out all of them because of its functionality. Hopefully these markers are out by the end of July as I want to pick one up at the Tippmann trailer at the Michigan Monster Game this year.

The only thing I admit I don't like about the Crossover is it has a hall effect trigger. I prefer a microswitch trigger myself. Just my personal preference.