Thread: EMAG quad oring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EMAG quad oring

How important is it to use the quad oring when using an emag? Does using the stock RT on/off assembly orings hurt the lowers at all?
    Thanks,
    -Rob

You're gonna run into problems; , more than likely it won't fire at all our your ROF wil be greatly reduced. I think a normal RT oring has too much friction the on/off pin to move properly.
    No gun

You'll be fine. I have 2 emags that don't use them. The on/off pin will need to be a tad bit longer though.

and your battery life will be shorter.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

You can achieve the same ROF, if not greater, with a mechanical setup. Everything in the valve is the same, the only difference with the Emag is the way the sear is tripped in E-mode. So there's no problem with excess friction by using a teflon o-ring. Like Ando said, though, the on/off pin may need to be slightly longer to compensate for where the o-ring seals. A quad ring has two separate inside sealing surfaces, while the teflon ring only has one.

Thanks guys,
    Then I guess I'll be looking for some,
    -Rob

Its not teflon. Its urethane.

The quad oring requires a 0.712" on-off pin and the standard urethane oring requires a 0.725" pin. The original emags did have urethane orings. You will have more consistent operation with the quad oring than the urethane one if things are not perfectly tuned. The urethane one grips the pin a bit tighter. If the sear assembly and solenoid plunger are properly adjusted and the battery is in good condition, you won't have any issues with the urethane orings. The quads just have a better range of operation.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.