Thread: Rail whith picatiny mount for Tac one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rail whith picatiny mount for Tac one?

I was just thinking why no one have made a E-mag length rail with piccatiny mount in the front.
    That would have been perfect for a Tac-one.

I think the new Tac-one rails have that mount in front of the foregrip:

Look here:

Quote Originally Posted by Darring D

Look here:
    That dove tail is about big enough to mount a single scope ring. It might be a good place to stack a sizable rail (that went forward) and secure it with set screws on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darring D

Look here:
    I have brand new tac one that I ordered last month at agd and the rail is not like that! Sorry I don't have pics on hand!

Ive seen a few tacs where they mounted a rail in front, might be easier to go that route, plus you'd get to choose the length of the rail to mount.

Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

[QUOTE=Justus]Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

Yes it was that picture that made me think about it.
    Not just a attached picatinny rail,but a mount milled in the mag rail
    With so many different custom rails out there i think it's strange that it hasn't been done as far as i know.
    There i more than 2 inches in front of the frame on a E-mag rail so there is room for it, and i thought it would look really good with a tac-one body.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

Hey guys, yeah that's my mag. Luke actually made that rail extension for me. I sent him a drawing, some rough specs, a sample of a picatinny rail, and the grips. Not long afterwards I had this nice foregrip.

Works awesome. Much more comfortable for me as i can move the grip to or fro depending on how I feel. I have 2 different grips I switch between, and I can slide the grip back to mount lights or stuff in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    Ive seen a few tacs where they mounted a rail in front, might be easier to go that route, plus you'd get to choose the length of the rail to mount.
    I'm one of those who mounted a rail on the front. I then have a quick release/adjustable tactical fore-grip attached instead of the bicycle grip. Mine's a rather long rail and doesn't sit flush the front of the gun. It pokes out quite a ways and has that odd gap between the rail and the barrel for a few inches.

bump this

bump this would be nice to mount my gopro camera to

Quote Originally Posted by MingusX
    I was just thinking why no one have made a E-mag length rail with piccatiny mount in the front.
    That would have been perfect for a Tac-one.
    I would make some if there was a demand for them.
    Do you have a drawing of what you had in mind?