Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rail whith picatiny mount for Tac one?

Rail whith picatiny mount for Tac one?

I was just thinking why no one have made a E-mag length rail with piccatiny mount in the front.
    That would have been perfect for a Tac-one.

I think the new Tac-one rails have that mount in front of the foregrip:

Look here:

Quote Originally Posted by MingusX
    I was just thinking why no one have made a E-mag length rail with piccatiny mount in the front.
    That would have been perfect for a Tac-one.
    I would make some if there was a demand for them.
    Do you have a drawing of what you had in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Darring D

Look here:
    That dove tail is about big enough to mount a single scope ring. It might be a good place to stack a sizable rail (that went forward) and secure it with set screws on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darring D

Look here:
    I have brand new tac one that I ordered last month at agd and the rail is not like that! Sorry I don't have pics on hand!

Ive seen a few tacs where they mounted a rail in front, might be easier to go that route, plus you'd get to choose the length of the rail to mount.

Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

[QUOTE=Justus]Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

Yes it was that picture that made me think about it.
    Not just a attached picatinny rail,but a mount milled in the mag rail
    With so many different custom rails out there i think it's strange that it hasn't been done as far as i know.
    There i more than 2 inches in front of the frame on a E-mag rail so there is room for it, and i thought it would look really good with a tac-one body.

In fact that would be really nice and clean! If someone have the intention of making some of those keep me informed as I will be interested in buying one of those!!!

I'd buy one too.

I'd look into into one like pictured above but as one piece.

Need something for my tac - 2 project.

Luke.... Calling Luke.....

This would be sweet for mounting a Metadyne (or similar) launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Luke.... Calling Luke.....
    If you guys want to put some concepts together and decide on a final, I'll make some. I dont need CAD drawings, sketches are fine (A basic over-all length would help).

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Jason Finnie's Tac (Pic pulled from MCB) has a picatinny rail on the bottom:

Hey guys, yeah that's my mag. Luke actually made that rail extension for me. I sent him a drawing, some rough specs, a sample of a picatinny rail, and the grips. Not long afterwards I had this nice foregrip.

Works awesome. Much more comfortable for me as i can move the grip to or fro depending on how I feel. I have 2 different grips I switch between, and I can slide the grip back to mount lights or stuff in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    If you guys want to put some concepts together and decide on a final, I'll make some. I dont need CAD drawings, sketches are fine (A basic over-all length would help).

No interest huh?

I want to but been busy with spring start up.

Would it be possible to mill about 1.5" of picatinny rail into the bottom front of an RT length rail? I think thats what most folks are interested in.

Sure that's easy, what do you want the rest to look like?

If you were to design a new rail with this in mind, I would make it similar to the longbow-ready tac rail, so it is the same length of the standard tac-one body and add the picatiny rail stuff to it.

As far as the side milling is concerned, I'd say just make it look like it should be on a tac-one. I was thinking it would be neat to add side picatiny rail pieces to the rail with that hug the body in front of the feedneck, but that would get expensive with all the material you'd have to cut out for something like that.

The rail in this picture is similar to what I had in mind for a new tac rail. The only changes I would make to this rail would be the front would line up flush with the front of the body, without that angle cut out of it. Of course the addition of the picatiny rail on the under-side of the front of the rail, too.

https://automags.org/forums/showpost....33&postcount=6

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    Ive seen a few tacs where they mounted a rail in front, might be easier to go that route, plus you'd get to choose the length of the rail to mount.
    I'm one of those who mounted a rail on the front. I then have a quick release/adjustable tactical fore-grip attached instead of the bicycle grip. Mine's a rather long rail and doesn't sit flush the front of the gun. It pokes out quite a ways and has that odd gap between the rail and the barrel for a few inches.

bump this

bump this would be nice to mount my gopro camera to

I purchased the magpul foregrip and it came with a 2" pic rail. I just mod'd the rail to fit the holes in the rail... and presto. It is out at ano right now, but will post a finished product soon.

NOTE: I went with the non-air thru stock version of the T2W, instead of the one pictured so I could have the tank on the marker.

Rail

Last edited by river031403; 08-29-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I was just thinking about this thread, earlier today. I know Luke is currently working on something else right now. Maybe this will get picked up again after the other projects.

foreshadowing

"Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I'm actually thinking it would be nice to sink the picatinny rail into the rail, so it sits closer to the body. Then, we could have a flat piece that slides over the picatinny rail and is secured by the (RT-style) foregrip mount screws, so it sits flush with the rest of the rail. This way, you could switch between picatinny and standard foregrip if you wanted to. I'm attempting to draw it up in eMachineShop's "CAD" program, but it's taking me a while to draw the cuts and get them right.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    I'm actually thinking it would be nice to sink the picatinny rail into the rail, so it sits closer to the body. Then, we could have a flat piece that slides over the picatinny rail and is secured by the (RT-style) foregrip mount screws, so it sits flush with the rest of the rail. This way, you could switch between picatinny and standard foregrip if you wanted to. I'm attempting to draw it up in eMachineShop's "CAD" program, but it's taking me a while to draw the cuts and get them right.
    Can’t see what you’re saying. Literally.

I’ve never used eMachineShop’s “CAD” program (looks like it’s a solid modeler), but it took me like a minute to find and download the parametric picatinny OpenSCAD file from thingiverse, set it to 5 segments or whatever, render it, import it into Sketchup and slap it onto my rail.

Drawing picatinny rails is probably about as fun as... drawing screw threads...

My example is up on Shapeways for a reason. My next rail isn't going to be milled...

Bbotts idea is ballz on to what i was thinking about getting made before I said screw it and just purchased a 2inch rail and just retrofitted it to the emag rail.

It's the same same either way.

Edit:

Goat...he's talking about creating a plate that would sit in the groves of the pica rail that would create a flat surface so you would be able to switch over to a standard foregrip setup.