Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPX Dreaded Legends / January 29-31 / Florida TNT . Anyone Going ?

Question CPX Dreaded Legends / January 29-31 / Florida TNT . Anyone Going ?

Anyone going to Dreaded Legends end of January ?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4929489

CPX Events // Dreaded Legends 1 - Black Flag

January 29-31

Florida Track & Trails / TNT Paintball:
    39450 Bermont Road
    Punta Gorda, FL 33982

CPX is excited to announce that we have partnered with Florida Tracks & Trails (TNT) for the January 2016 Dreaded Legends - Black Flag paintball event. The 80-acre Florida TNT Paintball opened Memorial Day weekend and is already recognized as one of the best paintball parks in all of Florida.

Located in the sunny southwest city of Punta Gorda, TNT is part of a 1,100-acre family recreation park featuring AMA motocross tracks, 20-miles of ATV trails, and a 12-acre beach complete with palm trees, pure white sand, and crisp clear water. Enjoy great food, music, and beverages at the Tiki bar where beach games are set up every weekend along with kids contests and fun for the entire family! Onsite camping will be available the week/end of the Dreaded Legends event.

CPX will be offering a 2016 pass which will include both ‪#‎DL1‬ and ‪#‎LL9‬ events at a discounted package rate. Pre-registration for both the Ohana/CPX produced #DL1 and Viper produced #LL9 will open within a few weeks.
    Punta Gorda is conveniently located approximately 90-minutes from Tampa Airport (TPA) and 45-minutes from Fort Myers Airport (RSW). AllegiantAir flights fly directly into Punta Gorda from select cities as well. Disney World is approximately 2.5 hours from Punta Gorda.

CPX's Dreaded Legends is the perfect opportunity to escape the winter and treat yourself to a family-friendly vacation in sunny southwest Florida!

I'm going to this one

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal28 View Post
    I'm going to this one
    You sign up yet ?

If so with what team ?

I have not signed up yet I will in December saving up the funds now
    And for the team I'll be checking with my team to see which side if they are going so Not sure yet I'll get back to you though.

Map & More Info

Quote Originally Posted by honu View Post
    Basic schedule for event. More details on timing to come as we get closer to the event.
    Thursday
    Camping opens
    Onsite reg opens
    Friday
    Magfed games
    Commanders battle for side choice
    Costume contest
    Saturday
    Main game
    Players brief at 9am
    Game on at 10am
    lunch break 1pm-2pm
    Game resume 2pm-5pm
    Night fun at Tiki bar
    Sunday
    Game on at 10am-2pm
    Break to prep for Final battle 2pm-230pm
    Final battle 230pm-330pm
    Awards at 4pm

Allen , I take it that this is a " new " field ,,, are there any field pics any where ,, I'm ready for a southbound trip ,, 22 degrees this morn

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Allen , I take it that this is a " new " field ,,, are there any field pics any where ,, I'm ready for a southbound trip ,, 22 degrees this morn
    O my, it was 49 here, I'll stay with that.

The website says they have 7 fields on 80 acres, the big game is supposed to be on all of it.

I was told two weeks ago by a friend they already had 700 signed up at that point.

so how far do you live from PG ??

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    so how far do you live from PG ??
    Couple hours, I'd do a hotel if there are any left.

Wondering if a spring feed fed marker would qualify for the mag fed play on Friday.

Who knows, maybe 1st strike will be ASTM certified by then......

Well finally getting back into paintball after a lengthy hiatus and saw this scenario, asked off for work so I am planning on going. Is anyone else from AO committed yet? I am coming from southeast Florida and have not figured out what I am doing for accommodations yet or if I will be coming in on Friday evening or 1st thing Saturday morning but I am going one way or another, provided, Uncle Sam gives me the time off.
    That which does not kill us, cripples us for life.

If you have a spring feed they will be allowed on Friday, which is designated as mag fed day.

Also first strike rounds will be allowed but I'm still trying to get clarification on if they will also be designated as "field paint only" like the paintballs, or if players can bring them.

Kutter I am planning on going, still trying to decide if I'm just going for Saturday only or if I'm going for Friday also, doubtful I'll stay for Sunday.

I have yet to sign up and pay.

Probably be shooting an Axe though.

I am thinking I will be there at least for Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday, but have not decided. Does not look like any hotels are close so that sort of puts a wrinkle in that, closest one I found was 15 minutes away so trying to figure out what the status of camping is. I know they have spots but cannot seem to find out if they have showers and what not. Not sure what I will be shooting, if the SFL is up and running I may have that out if not I will fall back to the Micromag and if all else fails the Impulse or Angel.

I have gotten most of the info I've posted from pbnation member honu thru PM's.

Try PM'ing him over there, please post here what he says.

Maybe I'll get out the two man tent and sleeping bag and camp too, save a hundred a night probably if you can even find a room at this point.

The first strike rounds are also field paint only unfortunately.

Alright, so I'm registered and paid.

Now to decide if I want to go to mag fed Friday with a spring feed on my marker, or just for Saturday......

Onsite camping is $30 for the whole weekend.

Still trying to find out if there are private showers.

If not that would be a deal killer for camping.

I know there are open showers with no sides for rinsing off in the beach area.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    apparently i got roped in to this. now i just need to decide which mag(s) to bring...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    apparently i got roped in to this. now i just need to decide which mag(s) to bring...
    I was just going to shoot Axes but I guess I'll bring a mag too.

Well if I can get the SFL battery to take a charge then I will be shooting that at least some and probably the Micromag some too. Just tracked down a set of Hybrid Suicide shells for an old Halo I have and got the vert feed adapter to replace the powerfeed on the Micromag. Just need to get a bottle hydro'ed and I should have at least two complete setups to shoot.

Saw camping is $30 for the weekend, and since I will probably only be there one night, not sure what I will do if a hotel room is only another $30-40 I may do that just so I can take a hot shower.

Hey anyone have an idea about what side to play for or do you have any preferences?
    Last edited by kutter; 12-31-2015 at 08:14 PM.

I've about talked myself into going on Thursday and staying all weekend.

I think you are likely looking at over $100 a night for a room.

I dont care about a hot shower, just a shower works.

If not its a room, they are all 20-25 minutes away.

And seeing how 2k people could show up they might not be available that close.

I will call Saturday and see if enclosed private showers will be available for camping.

http://www.floridatracksandtrails.com/camping

Apparently theres a bath house available but only to RV camping.

Well, that sort of seals the deal for me, going to have to get a hotel room then and deal with the drive; means I will only be going for Saturday night. I am sure my back is going to be thankful anyway.

Ok this thing is next weekend.

I'll be driving down Saturday morning real early, probably come home Saturday night.

I havent chosen a team yet, anyone going ?

Lets meet and play on the same team.

I'm hearing there will be open play Friday, not just mag fed.

Play starts at noon Friday.

2 hour drive for nothing.

The whole place is under 6 inches of water.

I will never pre pay for an event like this again.

I feel bad for people that flew into this event.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    Ouch!
    The game is going to go on.

I really enjoy playing paintball but I'm not going to run around in woods with several inches of standing water.

I was lucky enough to find some one that wasn't pre registered, he bought out my spot and they transferred it to him.

Saved himself some money.

Glad I drove down, they don't refund, and I would have just been out over 200 bux.

nice. I agree. Living Legends had too much rain 2 years ago. totally sucked.

flooded mess

at least there wasn't snow on the ground !!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    lol, yeah, the mud sucked, but it was kind of just bad luck. talked to a guy and said there had been no rain during winter, and that much rain was not typical. the place is just so damn flat and low that it doesn't drain with a week of rain (i think like 11 inches or something?). i just bought a $9 pair of cleats from wal-mart and played as usual. wasn't that big of a deal as long as you had some dry shoes and socks to change into at the end of the day. no chrono / tech area was retarded. need to tech a gun after lunch? you'll be walking 15 minutes to the base entry area to get it chrono'd. the final battle was stupid...100 players (at least) on each side on a tiny field with space *****s. i just said "screw it" and headed for the airball field...had a lot more fun there than anywhere else honestly!