Thread: *^* January/2016 MOTM Contest *^*

*^* January/2016 MOTM Contest *^*

Link to the previous winners thread: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-*-New-Version

TWO DIVISION MOTM Thanks to Tom Kaye and the enduring overseeing AO Mod staff for keeping this thread in order and running smoothly.

MOTM will run 2 categories: Standard Open Class anything goes and an "Old Skool" Mag competition ! !

Please state which division you want to be in (Open or Classic) in case yours could go either way.

Round 01'16 ! !

Entries up until 01/31/16 11:59 PM EST

"MAG" of the month contest...that means MAGS of any kind.

I want to see some kick butt Mags ! ! !

I will do it every month there seems to be continued interest , voting towards the end of each month, new contest on the first-ish of each month.

Near the end of the month I will narrow it down to a Final 3 (or how ever many I think are worthy) and open a public voting poll to pick the winner for each division. Entries are valid until I close this thread.

Rules:

1) Must be your Mag and NOT for sale during the month of the contest.

2) I don't care how great or sucky your pictures are, it's a gun contest not a photogenic prize. Please NO watermarks.

3) 2 pictures MAX , NO GIANT WALLPAPER sized pictures....post a link if you need to or link to any larger pics.

[a] FYI , It is to YOUR ADVANTAGE to simply post 1024 x 768 or so sized pictures , they will look far better than the code resized pictures. [/b] - New size rule for updated picture resolution

4) One gun entered per month per Class. I'll allow you to enter one (different) marker in each.

5) No previous contest winner entries unless it has changed drastically , give others a shot please.

6) No text posts ...PM all questions to who ever you want to ask what ever you want to ask. Text posts will be removed.

I will be judging on what I think is cool or worthy ...

Generally it breaks down like this-

Open Class MOTM :

As in anything goes as long as it's a mag , wow us.

Just a note ,

I'd really like to see full functioning markers , those will get priority over the same parts just stacked up for a picture.

OldSkoolers :

Looking for anything falling under the guise of Old Skool or in the Spirit of Old skool , SS parts would be cool but that's fairly subjective depending on application. Could be rare , unique or just plain old and still neat. Rusty in a box not exactly the idea here So basically anything that cries yesteryear whether a Classic Custom or just Classic Cool.

Further example:

ule body (made of aluminum)= not old skool (unless it is so hidden in old skool goodness that I can't tell)
    newly produced frames (Vert and aftermarket ones, mostly)= not old skool (unless it is so hidden in old skool goodness that I can't tell)
    rt, emag, x valve = not old skool (unless it is so hidden in old skool goodness that I can't tell)
    electro and pneu frames will be posted on the OPEN Class poll, regardless of the rest of the marker's components
    nasty Mags will be posted on the OPEN Class poll, regardless of the rest of the marker's components

photo bb448f83-2126-4074-8e9a-0e36b4873dcb_zpsa7okkezz.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by djinnform; 01-17-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Classic

RT00099 valve with lvl10

Last edited by 1985phenom; 01-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.

My First Strike shooter.

FN303.

So far swapped in a Hammerhead barrel, Had the valve devolumized, added the Tiberious riser and a simple 2x/3x? power scope. Ive got something like 7 or 8 drums. 3 Point sling and alot of other FN303 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Classic please.

I actually put this together as an example of the Old School like the 'Mags I used to see on the field over 20 years ago, right down to the brass fittings. This particular 'Mag was bought by a good friend in 1992. He gave it to me for safe keeping since he knows I'll treasure it. Serial number in the low 6000 range.

MOTY3
    ^^^That is nice...Open please.

Open please.

Custom firmware Chimera

Classic.

Last edited by Spider-TW; 01-29-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Open

Name:  IMG_20160119_201325853.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  30.7 KB
    Last edited by TheJackal28; 01-30-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Open
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  79.5 KB

Classic
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  79.2 KB
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 01-30-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    classic

Classic

Name:  IMG_20160130_210817001.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  56.7 KBName:  IMG_20160130_210832972.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  66.3 KB

virtue board
    sidewinder
    critical trigger
    devolumizer
    Last edited by captian pinky; 01-31-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Old Fart Mag -

Last edited by keiko_819; 01-31-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Open

Classic

Sorry for the delay in assembling the polls this month. I'm traveling for attending a conference so I have been super-busy and, at the same time, the internet connection in this hotel is the worst I've ever seen. I'll do my best to assemble it this week but, if for any reason I can't, I'll do it at the very beginning of the next week, at the latest. As I usually allow 10 days for people to vote, we should be fine in defining the winners still within this month. Sorry for the incovenience guys.

Alpha_q_up23, you enterered your Mags after January 31st so they are out but please re-enter them for February when I assemble the new thread, ok?

That's alright, I'm just confused cause I posted it on 1/31at 7:58pm PST (10:58pm EST)

Top left of the post says 1-31-16 10:58PM ?

Here it shows 01-02-2016 - 1:58 AM.

OK, considering you are on the west coast, lets include it then. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post

OK, considering you are on the west coast, lets include it then. Thanks for clarifying.
    The west coast guys are always a few hours late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
    Is this a J&J barrel? I had one made from aluminum years ago, it was the best barrel I've ever used. I traded it in on a Boomstick when they first came out, regretted it ever since!
    Last edited by luke; 02-05-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post

weird...it said 10:58pm and i'm on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Is this a J&J barrel?
    yes.

Is this a J&J barrel? I had one made from a aluminum years ago, it was the best barrel I've ever used. I traded it in on a Boomstick when they first came out, regretted it ever since!
    Yes, and, it makes the most satisfying PING when you shoot it. Almost sounds like ejecting brass. It's heavy, but the weight actually gives it a nice balance against the weight of the tank. If you look closer at post #6, that looks like an aluminum or stainless (or chrome?) version but hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
    Yes, and, it makes the most satisfying PING when you shoot it.
    Yea, not a lot of porting but man I dug it.

Are these available anywhere? Did J&J make one for the Autococker?

Are these available anywhere? Did J&J make one for the Autococker?
    I see them pop up from time to time. I've seen 'Cocker ones. I have a vague memory of having a straight rifled stainless one on a Pro-Lite that I sold with F/A #99. If you get a twist lock one, there's so much meat there (without measuring) I think you could thread one for a cocker.