Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notice!

Notice!

To those around here that call themselves machinists and grip makers....
    1-Trigger makers! If you can't copy the specs of an Emag trigger please do us all a favor and don't make anymore. I am seeing "pretty" and "lightweight" triggers being sold that don't funtion as they should and will cause the Emag to be totally unreliable. I personally measured and compared to AGD spec and they suck. Wrong dimensions, wrong magnet locations, wrong everything. This customer will be sending this trigger back to the manufacturer because I sure cant get it to work. A man way smarter than us already designed this stuff so DON'T try to deviate to make things "BETTER".
    2- Grip makers! If you cannot copy the specs of an Emag Grip Panel then please do us all a favor and stop making them! Emag panels are not flat on the frame side! You can not use "Flat" panels on an Emag gripframe! Emag grips have a specific trait to them that must be incorporated in the design or the gun won't work right! You MUST keep the panels "RAISED" off of the frame around the outside edge. The panel cannot come in contact with the solenoid or solenoid screw. A man way smarter than us already designed this stuff so DON'T try to deviate to make things "BETTER".
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    To those around here that call themselves machinists and grip makers....
    1-Trigger makers! If you can't copy the specs of an Emag trigger please do us all a favor and don't make anymore. I am seeing "pretty" and "lightweight" triggers being sold that don't funtion as they should and will cause the Emag to be totally unreliable. I personally measured and compared to AGD spec and they suck. Wrong dimensions, wrong magnet locations, wrong everything. This customer will be sending this trigger back to the manufacturer because I sure cant get it to work. A man way smarter than us already designed this stuff so DON'T try to deviate to make things "BETTER".
    2- Grip makers! If you cannot copy the specs of an Emag Grip Panel then please do us all a favor and stop making them! Emag panels are not flat on the frame side! You can not use "Flat" panels on an Emag gripframe! Emag grips have a specific trait to them that must be incorporated in the design or the gun won't work right! You MUST keep the panels "RAISED" off of the frame around the outside edge. The panel cannot come in contact with the solenoid or solenoid screw. A man way smarter than us already designed this stuff so DON'T try to deviate to make things "BETTER".

well said.

Interesting. Seems to only be a handful of trigger makers out there.... Would the ones in question be domestic or overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Interesting. Seems to only be a handful of trigger makers out there.... Would the ones in question be domestic or overseas?
    I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread earlier.

The only overseas guy I khow of is Maghog, and if anyone knows how to make a mag trigger correctly it is him.
    Acid Customs is in Australia. Safe to assume its not him then?
    Last edited by Tunaman; 03-16-2012 at 06:43 PM.

I am not naming anyone. They know who they are and should take a little more care in reproducing the specs to a higher standard.

gives you, (us) something more to do...no?

TK just monopolized paintball the way you make it sound...

Let them play around, it seems to be with all honesty, but well worth the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by my automag

gives you, (us) something more to do...no?

TK just monopolized paintball the way you make it sound...

Let them play around, it seems to be with all honesty, but well worth the warning.
    I do not want to have to tell a guy that sends me his gun for repair that he has to get rid of the new fancy trigger he just installed is no good. Just trying to save you guys some money. I dont need the work. And I am not talking about TK either.

I agree with you for sure, not arguing there. I think this would be true with new items mostly advertised falsly.

People just have to read better and inform themselves before they pay out for looks mostly.

You can't always expect to put something new on something used and not run into a problem to fix, also vice versa.

For me when buying MAG parts that are not original, I always find out first if there is specs issues, or just try it out myself anyways and than I know for sure.

I just hope that there is no false advertising stating those above mentioned triggers are to AGD specs, but are truly not.

In the end if you are not happy with something that already works how it was designed to, you are asking for throuble anyways, for me its a hobby.

Can't be me, I have the only 3 Emag triggers I've ever made sitting in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Can't be me, I have the only 3 Emag triggers I've ever made sitting in front of me.

Emag grips have a specific trait to them that must be incorporated in the design or the gun won't work right! You MUST keep the panels "RAISED" off of the frame around the outside edge.
    Ok, so for a guy that was getting ready to make a set of Emag grip panels for personal use (I already made a couple sets of walnut .45's for my intelliframes), can you elaborate a bit on this? I'm not sure what you're meaning. All I have to look off of to copy is the stock Emag rubber grips.

My FryMark grips on my XMag work PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    My FryMark grips on my XMag work PERFECT.
    What ever happened to her?

What ever happened to her?
    Took up other projects and intrests and moved on.

Whatever happened to her grip molds? Heard they got bought by. . . someone??? Not a clue who.

and I bet they were built to spec !!!

Red face Trigger Happy

Now that this thread has swerved off course four times.......

Put the pie down and back away slowly.

Didn't someone make a big deal about her using trademarked or copyrighted images, causing her to simply quit making grips? It was some time ago, so it could have been someone else.
    "My Jell-O is dying in the audience..."
    Merrill Howard Kalin

I guess if it was me I'd be interested. I think I could handle the criticism too. Making them by hand leaves me suspect to being the one in question because I am not machining any of this. Most of the other stuff on here seems staightforward, maybe I'm wrong.
    I've always tried to put things in the right place, and this is the first I've heard of these problems. I don't think I've made more than ten e-mag triggers, and only one of those in the recent past. I'll heed Tuna's call and say that I won't make anymore. I wouldn't want to risk frustrating a customer, and even worse, turn Tuna into a flaming red smilie.
    Dan@Triggernomics

Quote Originally Posted by Maghog
    I guess if it was me I'd be interested. I think I could handle the criticism too. Making them by hand leaves me suspect to being the one in question because I am not machining any of this. Most of the other stuff on here seems staightforward, maybe I'm wrong.
    I've always tried to put things in the right place, and this is the first I've heard of these problems. I don't think I've made more than ten e-mag triggers, and only one of those in the recent past. I'll heed Tuna's call and say that I won't make anymore. I wouldn't want to risk frustrating a customer, and even worse, turn Tuna into a flaming red smilie.
    Dan@Triggernomics
    I don't think Tuna is talking about you Dan. Your tiggers always work and things are placed right. Besides, they are a work of art and visually stunning! It's the hackers who call themselves trigger makers he is speaking of

Quote Originally Posted by Maghog
    .......I don't think I've made more than ten e-mag triggers, and only one of those in the recent past.......
    Can't be yours. This beauty is still sitting on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    I don't think Tuna is talking about you Dan. Your tiggers always work and things are placed right. Besides, they are a work of art and visually stunning! It's the hackers who call themselves trigger makers he is speaking of

I think before we start the fires and go for the rope, the company involved needs to be given the opportunity to correct the problem. This is the first it has been brought up and TBH, I have a trigger from a well known source that came to me with issues. Namely the tolerances must have been slightly off as I needed to sand part of it down for it to move freely. I thought it could have been the frame, but when I tried 2 actual AGD triggers on the frame, they worked fine. I also tried the trigger in another frame and it still stuck. So crap happens, let's see how it's resolved and/or if it's a one time mistake or flaw in the design.
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-19-2012 at 01:25 PM.

I think before we start the fires and go for the rope, the company involved needs to be given the opportunity to correct the problem. This is the first it has been brought up and TBH, I have a trigger from a well known source that came to me with issues. Namely the tolerances must have been slightly off as I needed to sand part of it down for it to move freely. I thought it could have been the frame, but when I tried 2 seperate AGD triggers on it, they worked fine. I also tried the trigger in another frame and it still stuck. So crap happens, let's see how it's resolved and/or if it is a one time mistake or flaw in the design.
    I think the point being made is dealers of parts/ aftermarket or not need to research and test and make sure they are releasing a good product. make sure it works, the buyer shoulder never need to modify a final product. unless they are doing their own personal mods.

and yes sanding a small tolerance down so somthing will fit is not right.

KNM

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    I think the point being made is dealers of parts/ aftermarket or not need to research and test and make sure they are releasing a good product. make sure it works, the buyer shoulder never need to modify a final product. unless they are doing their own personal mods.

and yes sanding a small tolerance down so somthing will fit is not right.

KNM
    And that's my point. This is the first complaint, and I know that the triggers in question have been in circulation for at least a year or so, if I'm not mistaken. I think it should be determined if this was an anomoly, or if the design is flawed as well as how does the manufacturer respond. Calling someone out as a hack is a bit much until some of these questions are answered.

One design flaw has been pointed out to me. However, this design aspect is not on at least one stock E-trigger that I have.
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-19-2012 at 02:29 PM.

And that's my point. This is the first complaint, and I know that the triggers in question have been in circulation for at least a year or so, if I'm not mistaken. I think it should be determined if this was an anomoly, or if the design is flawed as well as how does the manufacturer respond. Calling someone out as a hack is a bit much until some of these questions are answered.

One design flaw has been pointed out to me. However, this design aspect is not on at least one stock E-trigger that I have.
    I dont know if this is a one off mistake or not as this is the first one that I have come across. I DO know that there is a design flaw and Every AGD Emag trigger I have ever seen does not have this flaw. Just compare the triggers and it will be evident. Also, it is not my job nor is anyone paying me to correct their mistakes so they will have to figure this one out by themselves. If they would have copied the trigger correctly then we wouldn't be talking about this right now. You can't just leave stuff out of a working design and expect it to work as originally designed.

On the emag panels, is this because its causing a short or grounding issue with the metal panels? And would the same issue happen with wood grip panels. Reason I am asking is because I am going to give my hand a try on wood panels, just for my own use. If so then I will just make them for the mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    On the emag panels, is this because its causing a short or grounding issue with the metal panels? And would the same issue happen with wood grip panels. Reason I am asking is because I am going to give my hand a try on wood panels, just for my own use. If so then I will just make them for the mechs.
    No. The Emag panels have a raised lip around the outside edge and a standoff in the middle to stop the panel from hitting against the solenoid/ mount/screw. Putting pressure on the solenoid/mount/screw from either side will stop the Emag from functioning. The solenoid must remain loose and float around a bit. That is in the design. Just copy the original panels and you wont have any problems...nor will I.
    Last edited by Tunaman; 03-19-2012 at 04:39 PM.

No. The Emag panels have a raised lip around the outside edge and a standoff in the middle to stop the panel from hitting against the solenoid/ mount/screw. Putting pressure on the solenoid/mount/screw from either side will stop the Emag from functioning. The solenoid must remain loose and float around a bit. That is in the design. Just copy the original panels and you wont have any problems...nor will I.

I have used SPD grips on my emag and I removed the solenoid screw so they would fit, and it seems to function fine with out it. I have always wondered but never asked is that bad for my emag? If it is I guess i can just mod the grips so the solenoid screw will fit.