Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    No. The Emag panels have a raised lip around the outside edge and a standoff in the middle to stop the panel from hitting against the solenoid/ mount/screw. Putting pressure on the solenoid/mount/screw from either side will stop the Emag from functioning. The solenoid must remain loose and float around a bit. That is in the design. Just copy the original panels and you wont have any problems...nor will I.
    Awesome thanks for the reply and knowledge. Good thing I was planning routing the inside of.the.panels.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    Awesome thanks for the reply and knowledge. Good thing I was planning routing the inside of.the.panels.
    Ditto this for me (same question posed on p.1). I just looked over my stock rubber grips tonight and noticed the recess for the solenoid mount screw. I don't quite understand why there's the necessity of the tiny lip around the edge of the panel, but it's not that difficult to replicate so I'll just play it safe and add that feature into my wood grips when I make them. Thanks for the heads up Tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    I don't quite understand why there's the necessity of the tiny lip around the edge of the panel, but it's not that difficult to replicate so I'll just play it safe and add that feature into my wood grips when I make them.
    The emag panel is raised a bit. It provides clearance for the parts inside the frame. As long as a cover is built so that it does not apply side force and interfere with the free operation of the moving parts in the grip, it will be fine.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

This is way more than necessary, but all you need is a cavity on the in side of the panels, they dont need to be raised like the stock ones.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    This is way more than necessary, but all you need is a cavity on the in side of the panels, they dont need to be raised like the stock ones.
    shhh dont give your secrets away.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    The emag panel is raised a bit. It provides clearance for the parts inside the frame. As long as a cover is built so that it does not apply side force and interfere with the free operation of the moving parts in the grip, it will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    This is way more than necessary, but all you need is a cavity on the in side of the panels, they dont need to be raised like the stock ones. {pic}
    Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    To those around here that call themselves machinists and grip makers....
    2- Grip makers! If you cannot copy the specs of an Emag Grip Panel then please do us all a favor and stop making them....
    I had issues with DarkSeoul back when he was making his grips.
    They were really nice grip for a lot of guns.
    I picked up a pair of see thru blue grips for a blue fade anno xmag I have, and the grips didn't have a pocket in them for the bolt head to stick up, making the whole grip panel stick up. I ended up having to hollow it out to get the panel to sit flat. Complained to him, and he ended up ranting at me that he'd tested it with some other AOer and that they were fine the way they were. Which obviously they weren't or I wouldn't have had to modify mine.

But very nice grips other than that.