Thread: Meeting a legend

Meeting a legend

Well... Maybe a legend in Japan. Today at Tama hills i got to meet Yoshimura, the owner of Galactic systems. He designed the Z body and a few other mag parts. He had a sweet Shocktech DM3 (if that doesn't make sense forgive me, may have been a language barrier. But it said shocktech and he called it a DM3) He had made a custom breech for it that had the same backspin adjustment as the z body. He was a super nice guy. He really liked what i had done with my Z body. He said that it looked Great! (pics are in MOTM) But that brings me to my next point.

I play at tama all the time but it is usually just me and one friend and we always join in with the local pro's because one on one gets old after a while. I'm no pro but about half the time I at least get one of them. But i found it funny that they all have super fast guns. You know how it is. DM's and UL'd cockers and such (Kanda's UL cocker is beast by the way) but when I switched to my SHP tank they all were like NOOOO! to fast!! I mean c'mon, they are pro's and i'm using a mech automag. It was Rt'ing pretty slow cause i had a shim removed from the SHP reg. But it was still Rt'ing. What do you guys think? If they can shoot 13 bps, why can't i RT around 13-15 BPS. I do understand that it is not tournament legal, but we are by no means playing tournament paintball. I just wanted to even the playing field a bit. LOL. I'm not serious but they did freak out when i asked it it was ok. I got told no real quick. My Mag shot like a dream today too. Except for the occasional barrel break because of spring time tournament paint and cold weather today. But what can you do. Can't win em all. Better than bounces all day long i guess.

If you looked at them to be 'pro's' they probably looked at you as being a 'rookie' and having a faster shooting marker than them probably cheesed them off a little.

you should of shimmed it UP and laid into them more..!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by eelz
    If you looked at them to be 'pro's' they probably looked at you as being a 'rookie' and having a faster shooting marker than them probably cheesed them off a little.

you should of shimmed it UP and laid into them more..!! lol

Should have. LOL. They are not just "looked at" as local pros though. These guys are actual pros. They were the Far East Dragons. They have played in the world cup. Never won it but they did compete. But they did win many other tournaments. I don't think they look at me as quite a rookie. They won't let rookies play with them. Tama won't let me compete with the rookies anymore. Even when i take it easy on them, it is still a cake walk. I was told i have to play with the pro's or bring my own friends to shoot up. lol Oh, well.. It only makes me better... or more sore... not quite sure which yet.

Hey Magguy

I know you're trying to get a complete Z-Mag together but do you have a Z on/off already? I might have 2, I have to look though. I would love to get a Z-Barrel one day myself. I doubt old boy's going to give his up unless you buy the whole marker.

I do actually have a z on/off. I might be getting a z barrel from yoshimura himself! But he said that if he doesn't have an extra the cp 696 will be just fine. So i might go that route. Thanks for the offer though. It is much appreciated that you are willing to help me get it together!

Kinda similar story, I met Robert Shepard. The guy who invented the splat master. It was a really cool experience - he told me about how he carved the first one from wood and still has the original prototype encased above his fireplace. He apparently invented the Shakespeare uglystick ans some other sporting equipment. All told the guy has over 200+ patents and is some multimillionairre.