ninja ego mag build
hey guys when i started this project my goal was to do as much work as i could possible. i have access to a vertical mill and a whole shop full of goodies. the 2nd goal was to not make it look like all the other ego mags that use long rails and lpr's off the front.
i didn't like how everyone was drilling thew the frame and using a long screw to the valve that would rub your hand raw. i decided to use one screw for the valve and another to attach the frame. did the same with the ule body. i wanted to be able to take the frame off and the whole gun not fall to pieces. i replaced the screws in the pic with button head screws
i wanted to be a sleeper as i could with out going way out the way. used the cp reg taped the top for 10-32. installed the barb and milled a slot used the zlock hole for the hose to enter the frame and to the noid.
started out the plan was to use a trilogy sf frame noid but i did not have enough room and am now falling back on the small smc noid and mpa-3.
Whats left to finish.
mill a bit of the frame to make room for the mpa-3 with a 90deg fitting. drill and tap the mpa-3 for the fitting and test.
ive been working on this project for about 3ish weeks now i think im doing pretty good considering i have been working around school work.
Last edited by captian pinky; 04-03-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Build breakdown with pics would be great.
ya i will get those up when it is done to show everything
Originally Posted by knownothingmags
Originally Posted by captian pinky
great gun by the way
Looks good. Not understanding how you did the LPR, so better pics would be great. Looks clean so far.
Last edited by renie; 03-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.
ya no idea where i came up with that one haha
done for now until i can shoot paint threw it. feel sorry for the noobs on sat this thing is quick
I liked it, especially how you preserved the original frame wholes, even though I'm not so sure about the praticality of having to unscrew 4 bolts to clean the gun. Maybe a couple recessed screws would do the trick while preserving the original mounting points. That's a tricky one.
The only thing I really didn't like is the couple hoses you are using to feed the regulator and the valve. That's why I always liked the Fatty stabilizers with the HP output on those guns. But still, it's a really nice build you have there.
The plan was to not take it apart regularly. My friend had an ego mag where the body screw went threw the frame also and was much worse to take apart, I didn't want that. I would have liked to have been able to remove the valve with out taking the frame off but I hate the rubbing on my hand from the valve screw
The LPR is the foregrip regulator. There are many that work from 50 psi on up. I have used CP, Dye Hyper-3, Palmers Fatty and even Sidewinders. I like the Dye Hyper-3 and the Sidewinder because they are plentiful and the swivel can be tapped for an HP outlet. The Palmers Fatty can be ordered with a separate HP outlet too. This will eliminate the need for 2 hoses from the asa as captain pinky as done or the need for a tee fitting like others have used.
Originally Posted by OPBN
What you do is tap a 10-32 outlet into the top of the vert or 15* asa adapter, run the low pressure hose through the rail either by a groove or ULE rail. There are some rails that have these provisions already like the Venomous Designs rails. With the Ego frame there is also a groove already in the top of the frame to accommodate the Ego low pressure hose to the solenoid. I have also tapped the backside of the asa adapter and ran the low pressure hose directly from there to the groove which is how the Ego adapter that renie used is done too.
I have used this method many times and not just for Emaggos but in scratch built Electro-Pneumatic along with Pneu-Mags.
Last edited by Loguzzzzzz; 04-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
i was going to do the lp hose straight to the groove in the frame but i was worried about how thin the vert asa was so i just went up and around.also i have a sidewinder that is waiting for me at home might have to go on this. but i would rather have an extra hose than have one tapped on the sidewinder.also the goal of this project was to see if i could do it under a pretty cheap budget. i did all the milling, drilling, wiring, everything.
mag freaking shot amazing sooo happy it shoots great. quiet a fast and quiet haha. no tweaking at all done at the field either