Thread: Identifying LPRS

Identifying LPRS

Can anyone ID the two LPRs on the lefts? Are they just generics? Obviously the one on the right is a PPS, I put it in the picture to compare size wize.

Second question if anyone can ID them, is are they worthwhile to try and use on a Pneumatic frame? Mainly intersested in the smaller chrome one as it will easily fit inside the frame. I've read that the Micro Rock is the best to use, but would require a spacer for the grip panels and I would rather not if possible.

Bottom left is definitely a PPS MicroRock

Top left looks like an older WGP LPR, not 100% positive though.

Luke makes vert grip panels with a milled relief for the microrock...he can probably do the same for other solid panels if you needed something other than vert frame panels.

Panels I have are very slim, not room for this milling. Vendor offers a possible spacer, but would like to not have to do that.

Are you sure on the bottom left? When I compare this to the black Micro in the top right. I see zero similarities. Different shape, different fitting, different contruction etc. About the only thing they have in common is the length and diameter.

* Edit: Went to the Palmers site and sure enough, the one on the bottom left looks just like the pics, but chrome. Who knew..

Any positive ID on the top left then?
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-20-2012 at 03:01 PM.

it is a wgp lpr. specifically its an outkast lpr, they came stock on WGP's Outkast and Nightkast guns.
    http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/5049/

Bottom left is definitely PPS Micro-Rock. The top right was the first gen Micro Rock. It has the flat top at the adjustable end, similar to the full size rocks. They started making the rounded end later on. You can remove the top of the old Micro Rock (you can see the slot for a coin or something) for access to the internals. The new Micro Rocks (lower left) are opened from the bottom, where the nipple is, for access to everything. I believe the top left is a WGP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tolar250
    it is a wgp lpr. specifically its an outkast lpr, they came stock on WGP's Outkast and Nightkast guns.
    http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/5049/
    Were these things any good?

All wgp LPRs were rated at around 400 psi input. So not good for a pneumag or EP mag.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    All wgp LPRs were rated at around 400 psi input. So not good for a pneumag or EP mag.
    ... Not that I don't believe you, but why are there so many ticklers being used for pneumags?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Were these things any good?
    on the cockers i ive used them on i havent had any problems, i havent used them long term on a mag yet. internally they are the same as a tickler.

Ive used an outkast with a pneu I built a while back, I didn't have any issues, but I also didn't keep it long so can't really say in the long run.

I have a tickler that I would consider using for ease of adjustment, but it goes back to the problem with the protrusion past the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Drix
    ... Not that I don't believe you, but why are there so many ticklers being used for pneumags?
    Because they are small and easy to adjust. Not because they are rated to handle the load. I have found several pneumags and ep mags that used one of these regs and were having tuning issues that were fixed by a palmers reg, they are the only regs able to handle the 900+ input pressure and stay consistant. Other than a HPR.
    Last edited by hill160881; 03-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I have a tickler that I would consider using for ease of adjustment, but it goes back to the problem with the protrusion past the frame.
    The grip panels should give plenty of room to hide the parts that stick out. Without a spacer.

The grip panels should give plenty of room to hide the parts that stick out.
    Nope.

Installed a Tickler into my sleeper in 2007. Never been rebuilt. Still running strong.

I to have a dragun LPR that was rated at 400 psi on my purple ego mag. Works great especially after I upgraded the valve to a HVAC valve.
    Never said they don't work good for most but I recomend the PPS LPR because they are the best.

https://automags.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=24

theirs the link to his grips, I got mine in today, they are flush on the back so no room for any parts that stick outside a frame. and very thin