Thread: Swapping Xvalve for Classic

Swapping Xvalve for Classic

Just a quick question for you guys. I live in an area where compressed air is sometimes hard to find. Fields have compressed air but the closest one is about an hour away. I play about half the time with friends in our backyard woods. When I don't have compressed air I have to resort to using my old spyder and you can imagine how sad it is to put aside your beautiful mag and use a spyder. I have been looking at getting a classic mag, but then I was thinking about just getting a classic valve and swapping valves when I need. I have my air running through a foregrip so it would give the C02 time to expand. Does any see any problem with this? I have never used a classic valve so I am not sure how this works out. Any input from you more knowledgeable people would be much appreciated. Thanks

It's supposed to work fine. I have tried CO2 with a Classic at one point though and it did not like it at ROF's of anything over 1 or 2 per second. Maybe I just had bad luck. It might help to use a remote as well. Might help the CO2 expand more.

back in 96

Used to run classic with Co2. Just make sure the tank is non siphon. Also help if you run remote or a vertical setup on tank.

Being forced to run on CO2 for many, many years before I moved somewhere HPA friendly has taught me a few tricks. Personal experience has turned me against anti-siphon tanks. Tilt your mag downhill and your anti-siphon is now sucking straight liquid. If I'm running CO2, I run remote and preferably an expansion chamber. Or a bottle screwed right into the vert adapter. Remote will still be way, way better.

CO2 is fine

I've only ever used CO2 through my most trusted mag, (which is a classic) and have never had it freeze up on me at all. I run it through a 4-stage expansion chamber, and a remote. Between the upright tank, the remote, and the expansion chamber, it has never been a problem.

Well I used CO2 on my minimag for awhile befor i switched to HPA with little issues. I ran abig expansion chamber and a remote when ever possible.

Should do fine on co2 but I recomend a remote line setup if you want to avoid issues like the others have said.

Thanks for all the input guys. Guess I'm gonna have to track myself down a classic valve

when I lived in FL i used CO2 all the time no problem, even w/o an expansion chamber

I ran a classic on CO2 for years, even without an expansion chamber. It worked great. I did have an anti-siphon tank, but it was tilted at an angle to minimize liquid getting into the tube. If you are using a horizontal tank setup, so not use an anti-siphon tube in your tank. Running your air line through a fore-grip is better than running directly to the valve but not as good as through an expansion chamber. The larger volume in the foregrip does help keep the liquid out.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

My experience is based on trying to rapid fire a Mag in my 50* basement, so take it with a grain of salt.