Thread: emag trigger from luke

emag trigger from luke

awsome. works flawlessly

now all i have to do is polish itup.

sooo so happy

Looks like a Plantain
    Last edited by Ando; 03-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Id like to see it in a frame.

will do.

Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.

wow that looks really good

Looks like it sits really far forward TBH. E-frames are cramped enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Looks like it sits really far forward TBH. E-frames are cramped enough as it is.
    There is certain geometry that can not change on the Emag trigger, that is if you design it around the factory magnet adjuster. Factory parts put limits on the design in terms of trigger room. The top side, down the back of the trigger to the magnet adjuster is exactly the same as a stock one. It matches the AGD trigger including the thickness and angle at the factory magnet adjuster. It actually sits in the same place as the stock one.

Why can't you push the face back?

If you change the HES out with one with a shorter sense rage, you can change the geometry of the trigger.

Why can't you push the face back?
    If I push the face back the factory adjuster will stick out the face of the trigger.

It is not cramped at all. for me that is. and i have big hands.

There is no need to mess with hes.
    but who am i to say what people can and cant do.
    I know nothing.

but i think it is a great trigger and works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    If you change the HES out with one with a shorter sense rage, you can change the geometry of the trigger.
    Currently I’m only interested in making these as a drop in replacement for factory triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Looks like a Plantain
    seconded...

Looks like a Plantain
    Bananablade?

Quote Originally Posted by chinstrap
    Bananablade?

Peanutbutterjellymag?

Quote Originally Posted by chinstrap
    Bananablade?

Bablade, cut product looks even better than the cads.

Looks more like a saber tooth to me.

Come on really!!! Learn to originality.

Call it the Banana blade Sickle blade if you must.

The saber has been taken about 50 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    It is not cramped at all.
    I disagree, but not a big deal, I'm sure they will sell. I was hoping for a trigger that would sit farther back in the frame, just a personal preference thing I guess. That opening is small by most standards, the trigger is sitting square in the middle of that opening and when you factor in gloves for those of us in the North, it makes it a no go.
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-21-2012 at 10:21 PM.

I disagree, but not a big deal, I'm sure they will sell. I was hoping for a trigger that would sit farther back in the frame, just a personal preference thing I guess.
    yeah it is nice to have one that sits back farther.

yeah i know at least two that will sell

the two i am buying

Come on really!!! Learn to originality.

Call it the Banana blade Sickle blade if you must.

The saber has been taken about 50 times now.
    lol, I never said I was naming it that only that it looked more like a tooth than a banana.

I see where you're coming from OPBN, but when you think about the necessary clearance for the trigger magnet assembly and the lines necessary for a blade-style trigger, there's no way to move the face of the trigger back any further. The stock trigger appears to sit further back because the trigger magnet assembly screws right into where the hump comes out for the double trigger, where there's more room to work with, and the top and bottom halves of the stock trigger are actually swooped back from that point. When it comes to that particular point in the middle, where that assembly sits is as far back as you can go. To get a blade, then, you have to bring the top and bottom portions of the trigger forward to match the line of a blade trigger at that point.

It appears to just be a limiting factor with that design on an Emag. Until you change the line of the blade design, or change the trigger magnet assembly and/or HES, it's going to be just what it is. I agree that it's unfortunate.

The bananable trigger. Lol. That is great fun there.

For those of us who mearly brush the side of the trigger with three fingers the Clarence looks perfect. I never put my fingers in the guard. It's more effective lightly brushed on the outside edge of the trigger...... That sounds wrong. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    I see where you're coming from OPBN, but when you think about the necessary clearance for the trigger magnet assembly and the lines necessary for a blade-style trigger, there's no way to move the face of the trigger back any further. The stock trigger appears to sit further back because the trigger magnet assembly screws right into where the hump comes out for the double trigger, where there's more room to work with, and the top and bottom halves of the stock trigger are actually swooped back from that point. When it comes to that particular point in the middle, where that assembly sits is as far back as you can go. To get a blade, then, you have to bring the top and bottom portions of the trigger forward to match the line of a blade trigger at that point.

It appears to just be a limiting factor with that design on an Emag. Until you change the line of the blade design, or change the trigger magnet assembly and/or HES, it's going to be just what it is. I agree that it's unfortunate.

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    QFT
    Wasn't trying to trample anyone's toes. When I see "look at ________" threads, I take them as open forums for criticism/suggestions for improvement. When people are calling it a banana blade and showing concern, I was attempting to offer suggestions meant to help. ?Visually, it looked off to me due to the positioning. I was not taking into consideration the use of the stock magnet. For some reason I thought the stock assembly could be made shorter. I was wrong. I simply feel that the actual E-mag frame is wide as it is with a small opening and having the trigger sit so far forward that it makes the hand spread unnatural. I keep forgetting that most do not use the frame in this manner, so not usually a problem. This may actually work in one frame that I have where the front part of the guard has been milled out, by Matt ironically enough.

I am a solid supporter of work done and offered by Luke's and several products/projects to show for it.

I wasn’t taking it that way. Believe me if it were possible to increase the finger room with this design I would have never released this one. The one trigger that will give you the most room is the factory one.

As far as the shape of a blade trigger, there is only so much that can be done with a blade shape. I could have easily designed a typical blade trigger (which is my favorite btw) but everyone would cry foul so this was my attempt at something original for the Emag.