Thread: Why Ebay...WHY?!?!?!? why ...

Why Ebay...WHY?!?!?!? why ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGD-Automag-...item20c44239c3

any explanation ?
    is this a painted, solid gold, painted ancient mag made by the aliens.?

totally worth it...

Thats mine. Heres the story behind why its listed the way it is. It started as a normal auction with a $500 BIN. I am reluctant to sell, but want to build something else so will part with it for a decent price. I very quickly recieved 2 very rude messages about my price being to high. Well, it pissed me off, so I raised it. I then got more jerkoffs sending me stupid messages, so I raised it again, and again, and again. So, just FYI for you guys here, this is no longer a real listing, I'm too pissed about it to even try to sell it anymore. I'ts just up there for something to do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbez
    Thats mine. Heres the story behind why its listed the way it is. It started as a normal auction with a $500 BIN. I am reluctant to sell, but want to build something else so will part with it for a decent price. I very quickly recieved 2 very rude messages about my price being to high. Well, it pissed me off, so I raised it. I then got more jerkoffs sending me stupid messages, so I raised it again, and again, and again. So, just FYI for you guys here, this is no longer a real listing, I'm too pissed about it to even try to sell it anymore. I'ts just up there for something to do at this point.
    Rage quit!

I love it. lol. I can see myself behaving this way. Rage on!!

nice tantrum.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by wimag
    nice tantrum.
    Tantrum all the way. In 8+ years of selling on ebay, I have never been treated like I was over this listing. And not just by one person either. No one has ever called me retarded or an as$hole over something I was selling before and frankly, it pissed me off. Mind you, this all happened before I raised the price to 1k, then 10k, and finally 100k before removing the listing. Back when my asking price was well under what those parts would sell for here.

I agree. I just sold a marker on Ebay and Paypal is holding my funds until at least 3 days after there is confirmation that the item was delivered. It's bull****. you charge shipping but they won't let you have your money you charged the buyer to ship it out. I tried talking to Paypal customer service about how damn retarded that was but "paul" from India didn't comprehend the simple logic that if you charge for shipping, that money is used to ship it out. The policy of holding the funds from the seller until they ship it out doesn't make sense. They are saying "You need to ship it out as soon as possible but we aren't going to give you the shipping money to ship it out!"

I sold it on the 28th, shipped it out the 29th. It should take 3 days to get to it's destination. I have to wait another 3 days after that before the funds are released and then another 3 to 4 days before the money is deposited into my account. 10 or more days AFTER the transaction to get my money and that's only because i provided a tracking number. If i didn't I wouldn't have seen my money for a month!

**** Ebay and Paypal. End rant.

Wierd. I have sold stuff many times before on Ebay and always gotten my money right away. Might be because it is a new account or because of the dollar amount. IIRC, I had an issue like that, but I was the buyer, not the seller. He contacted me and said he didnt get his money, come to find out Ebay was holiding it until I confirmed I received it because it was over $300 or something.

I had that issue one time recently as well (I was the buyer). I really think it was because the seller had not set up and confirmed a credit card on the PayPal account, and it was PayPal covering their butts from scammers. See, it would be all to easy to set up a new PayPal account with an alias, have funds paid out to a shill bank account, withdraw those funds from the bank account, and end up just shipping a turd. By the time the buyer finds out and files a claim, PayPal would be at a loss to recoup the money back from the seller.

Now if the seller has a confirmed credit card on account and agrees to PayPal's terms of service, then if a claim comes back against the seller then PayPal can just withdraw the appropriate finds and charge the credit card. No need to put a hold on the funds when that's an option.

That's just my suspicion though. I don't know for sure if that's the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Wierd. I have sold stuff many times before on Ebay and always gotten my money right away. Might be because it is a new account or because of the dollar amount. IIRC, I had an issue like that, but I was the buyer, not the seller. He contacted me and said he didnt get his money, come to find out Ebay was holiding it until I confirmed I received it because it was over $300 or something.
    I've had my account since 2005, my address and bank account all confirmed on Paypal, I have a card on file, and it was only $76. So I don't know what the hell the problem is. I can't comprehend why they would put a hold on my money especially the shipping charge. It just doesn't make sense to me.

its all about the status of the acount.

it dosnt matter how long you have had the acount its the way your account is set up.

but yeah love the listing. would have been awsome if you had got an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81
    I've had my account since 2005, my address and bank account all confirmed on Paypal, I have a card on file, and it was only $76. So I don't know what the hell the problem is. I can't comprehend why they would put a hold on my money especially the shipping charge. It just doesn't make sense to me.

have you used your account recently? Not too long ago paypal decided if you haven't used your account in awhile they would institute the new user rules which means you have to wait for your money. I think if you have no account activity for 60 days they institute the new account user rules. It is ridiculous. If you still want your money soon the secret is to keep moving your way up the management ladder on the phone, eventually if you argue long enough up the chain of command someone will eventually cave and release your money to you. It takes time so make sure you can be on the phone for at least 45 min. Keep reminding them that it is your money and you are demanding that it be released to you and that legally they can not hold something that doesn't belong to them. This usually works form the people that I have talked to.

If someone knows a good lawyer, I have always thought this would make a good class action lawsuit.
    Last edited by Sniper Steve; 03-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Found out yesterday after logging onto my ebay account that they charged me final value fee's on 2 auctions I did. They were having a promotion for free listings so I took advantage of it. Which was nice no listings fee's but what it doesn't tell you on the flyer is yea sure there isn't any fee's but after Paypal takes their fee we are going to charge you another fee on top of that called the final value fee after your items sell. I had $7 in fees they were going to take out of my account.

I called Ebay up and they gave me nothing more then straight from the text book answers (funny part was this guys name was also Paul but he spoke better english lol) so I said I wanted to speak to a manager and the person got one on the phone. The manager ended up crediting my account so I didn't have to pay the fee.

They really credited you the fee? That's impressive. I thought everyone knew about the final value fees. The listing fee is a pittance compared to the 9% final value fee on an auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    They really credited you the fee? That's impressive. I thought everyone knew about the final value fees. The listing fee is a pittance compared to the 9% final value fee on an auction.
    Yea i got it taken care of. I told the guy on the phone that it was bull**** and I wanted to speak to a manager. Anyways, I'm done with Ebay as far as selling anything. Being a seller They don't get you YOUR money in a timely manner, They charge you a **** ton of fees, and they are constantly changing the policies. Ebay makes it hard to be a seller. But anyways I digress i'm just venting now.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81
    Yea i got it taken care of. I told the guy on the phone that it was bull**** and I wanted to speak to a manager. Anyways, I'm done with Ebay as far as selling anything. Being a seller They don't get you YOUR money in a timely manner, They charge you a **** ton of fees, and they are constantly changing the policies. Ebay makes it hard to be a seller. But anyways I digress i'm just venting now.
    Ebay and paypal are the same company and they protect the buyer but rarely will ever do anything to help the seller. Anyone reading this thread, if you purchase on ebay, please be patient and understanding with the sellers as the reality is most of them are very good and understanding and willing to work with you. The sellers on ebay are taking all the risk and have made getting affordable products to people easier and have little protection to there end of things. I could tell you stories that would make your head spin in my 2000 transactions I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbez

Excellent! Hilariously done! Would buy from again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Steve
    have you used your account recently? Not too long ago paypal decided if you haven't used your account in awhile they would institute the new user rules which means you have to wait for your money. I think if you have no account activity for 60 days they institute the new account user rules. It is ridiculous. If you still want your money soon the secret is to keep moving your way up the management ladder on the phone, eventually if you argue long enough up the chain of command someone will eventually cave and release your money to you. It takes time so make sure you can be on the phone for at least 45 min. Keep reminding them that it is your money and you are demanding that it be released to you and that legally they can not hold something that doesn't belong to them. This usually works form the people that I have talked to.

If someone knows a good lawyer, I have always thought this would make a good class action lawsuit.

Well, Batsakis v. Demotsis does recognize the value of having money now, not later. However, you are a slave to the user agreement. Unless that user agreement is voidable for duress, unconscionability, what have you, you are bound by it. Not only that, if they allow themselves the ability to change the rules whenever they want, the agreement might even be illusory, which would mean they would never have to give you money (except for it being disgorged through unjust enrichment).