Thread: Canada Border Laws

Canada Border Laws

Hey guys! I just have a quick question regarding canadian border laws and such.
    I am planning on driving up there this summer, but I'm not sure what the laws say about paintball guns.
    I tried reading the regulations online, but they were kind of non-specific and weren't clear about what I had to have for a "non-firearm".

Is there anyone here who has crossed the border from the US to Canada and brought a gun with? What did you have to do in order for it to be legal, etc.?

Thanks for any and all help!

You might get a better response on www.mcarterbrown.com. Lots of Canucks over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis
    You might get a better response on www.mcarterbrown.com. Lots of Canucks over there.
    okay, will do. thanks for the tip

As long as it doesn't shoot over 495 fps, it isn't technically considered a "firearm". I took my pellet rifle over the border once and it was not a problem, they just asked to see it. Now if they want to search your car, be honest and tell them you have paintball EQUIPMENT, don't use the word "gun". Likelihood has it they will ask to see it.. only because they're into paintball, afterall, they are cops.. Sorta. You'll be fine, no worries.

Crossed the border many time without a problem!

Ok sweet. Thanks for the help.

Just remember to call it a marker or paintball equipment, not gun.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Quote Originally Posted by kevdupuis
    Just remember to call it a marker or paintball equipment, not gun.
    will definitely make sure not to call it a gun. thanks

I've crossed the border with mine. No problems at all.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

When we cross the border we filled out a form for "temporary exportation" . It basically recorded our markers so that we would not be suspected of trying to sneak new stuff over the border without paying duty and taxes. Once you fill one out for a marker, it never expires so you can use it every time you cross the border

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    When we cross the border we filled out a form for "temporary exportation" . It basically recorded our markers so that we would not be suspected of trying to sneak new stuff over the border without paying duty and taxes. Once you fill one out for a marker, it never expires so you can use it every time you cross the border
    interesting... and where could i find such a form?

They have them a t the border. Just have to ask before you cross. And they stamp them to make them official.