Thread: While switching over tanks to..

While switching over tanks to..

Well while trying to boost my morale tonight after getting a parking ticket, getting to my lab just to find out someone took the power cables from my computer and external hard drive while running, and having a friend dog find my dinner packed in my book bag unzip it and eat thru a ziplock to get my last bbq rib, I tried to switch over the on/offs(for old the manifold style max flo) from my old bottles to the new bottle i got here on AO and realized the SCI nitroduck had a larger threaded hole than the other three bottles. Oddly enough the original bottles were SCI bottles yet the newer SCI had different threads. The threads matched the luxfer nitroduck tho. Was really looking forward to playing with the mags without remoting in air into the max flo but eff it.

Quote Originally Posted by mogli
    Well while trying to boost my morale tonight after getting a parking ticket, getting to my lab just to find out someone took the power cables from my computer and external hard drive while running, and having a friend dog find my dinner packed in my book bag unzip it and eat thru a ziplock to get my last bbq rib, I tried to switch over the on/offs(for old the manifold style max flo) from my old bottles to the new bottle i got here on AO and realized the SCI nitroduck had a larger threaded hole than the other three bottles. Oddly enough the original bottles were SCI bottles yet the newer SCI had different threads. The threads matched the luxfer nitroduck tho. Was really looking forward to playing with the mags without remoting in air into the max flo but eff it.

Forgot to ask the question after the rant. Is there any adapter out there to sleeve over the smaller thread to adapt to the larger or vise verse and sleeve the hole?

No input? Has no one ever run into a different bottle thread size?????

Forgot to ask the question after the rant. Is there any adapter out there to sleeve over the smaller thread to adapt to the larger or vise verse and sleeve the hole?

I also have one of those nitroduck tanks. The reg has a small leak out the end so i havent been able to use it. Since the tank thread is the bigger size i havent been able to find another reg. I have often wandered if there was an adapter to salve this problem.

No input? Has no one ever run into a different bottle thread size?????
    You posted at 2:39 in the morning and bump a few hours later? Most people on this forum have jobs and arent always on. You might get an answer later today. Have some patience. You may also want to try over on MCB if you need a quicker answer.

Yes some of the older Nitro duck bottles had a different thread size. Is there an adapter, not that I am aware of, and I wouldn't recommend using one if there is. Personally I would just find another tank.

Sry had one hell of a night that night, dont want to seem impatient. I was just surprised by how many viewed the topic and did not comment thats all. I'll have to see if there is even a chance of making one though I feel all of you would say that its a bad idea and to leave it to professionals. But I have them at my disposal, not particularly for pb tanks but for high pressure manifolds(10k+) psi for diesel fuel injection. I am an engineer. I realize the energy that 3k psi can deliver and do not want to do anything in haste that could injure anyone. Figured you guys would know if anyone did.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    You posted at 2:39 in the morning and bump a few hours later? Most people on this forum have jobs and arent always on. You might get an answer later today. Have some patience. You may also want to try over on MCB if you need a quicker answer.

An ya gotta part time job and a full time thesis student, sorry my hours are wack.

Sry had one hell of a night that night, dont want to seem impatient. I was just surprised by how many viewed the topic and did not comment thats all. I'll have to see if there is even a chance of making one though I feel all of you would say that its a bad idea and to leave it to professionals. But I have them at my disposal, not particularly for pb tanks but for high pressure manifolds(10k+) psi for diesel fuel injection. I am an engineer. I realize the energy that 3k psi can deliver and do not want to do anything in haste that could injure anyone. Figured you guys would know if anyone did.

My guess is that no one is going to pass a home modified tank.

They are one their last hydro anyhow