Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Mag triggers and HES sensor location?

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    My adjustment works great. It provides the the mechanical movement to trip the sear manually. The stopping distance in front of the grip includes the extra distance past the release point of the sear. The electronic stop provides the stop in front of the trigger rod to prevent hyper action on the trigger. The fact that the rod is shorter than the stock setting and allowing the trigger activation closer to the grip means there is more play in the forward direction to allow ample motion prior to the shot. The whole trigger setting doesn't actually deviate from the AGD way of doing things. It just changes the position a bit. This setting isn't for everyone though. Because there is no forward stop on the trigger, you can't limit the forward motion. At a static starting position, the first pull from a dead stop is a bit longer to reach the activation point. Subsequent pulls are short like any other emag trigger pull but closer to the frame. A forward trigger stop would make this setup work really well and allow you to make those trigger adjustments where the trigger barely moves (although I don't have any of my guns set like that). I actually like a bit of trigger movement myself. It gives me a better feel than vibrating my finger on a stiff lever.
    "A forward trigger stop would make this setup work really well and allow you to make those trigger adjustments where the trigger barely moves (although I don't have any of my guns set like that)."

You really can't have the trigger adjusted so that"it barely moves". Not enough return travel will keep the magnet in the hes range...and the switch won't ever shut off. I dont know how you would adjust the trigger like that.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    "A forward trigger stop would make this setup work really well and allow you to make those trigger adjustments where the trigger barely moves (although I don't have any of my guns set like that)."

You really can't have the trigger adjusted so that"it barely moves". Not enough return travel will keep the magnet in the hes range...and the switch won't ever shut off. I dont know how you would adjust the trigger like that.
    I was referring to the guys that make their mechanical switches really tight so that they hardly move. I never liked the feel. A forward trigger stop for my emag would only limit the extra forward travel, not tighten the trigger up so much that it hardly moves.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.