Thread: Shootdown/recharge issues

Shootdown/recharge issues

Alright, have an egomag pretty much all together, but can't get it to work right. Right now its not seeming to recharge. It shoots solid if I shoot one or two shots. At 10.5 ramp it still shoots, but it is audibly quiter, and I suspect it isn't shooting velocity. At 12.5, the bolt won't fully cycle every shot. I might put up video later, but does anybody have any ideas? I've put it on two tanks, one with a myth reg, one with a standard output ninja.

I would say toss a on mech frame and see if there's any tuning issues you need to work out with the valve then go back to the ego frame and work out from there.

It could be a slow bolt reset reducing the amount of recharge time for the air. If thats the case, you might want to check the tuning of your level 10 bolt. What are you using for a battery? Do you have a capacitor in place to take some of the impulse load off the battery and give you faster solenoid response times.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Messed with the level ten carriers a little bit and didn't notice a change. Same with the level ten. I've run an energizer and a code 242 rechargable both on it. It's an etek board running to a festo solenoid(trilogy cocker noid.) Haven't added a capacitor.

Problem persists when I switch it over to a mech frame.

Well now you know it's a valve problem. Ck the on/off as well, could be starving the valve. Pull the lines make sure you don't have one of those filters in the system.

I would pull the whole valve apart and inspect everything. Manually clean and oil everything by hand, reinstall and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Well now you know it's a valve problem. Ck the on/off as well, could be starving the valve. Pull the lines make sure you don't have one of those filters in the system.

I would pull the whole valve apart and inspect everything. Manually clean and oil everything by hand, reinstall and fire.
    Yeah, it could be anything from the bottle reg to the on/off. The ninja should be good at 800 psi, but I would check it (the output pressure). The adjust-ability can get you sometimes. Confirm that the ASA doesn't have tiny ports in it. Don't use quad on/off o-rings with a standard length pin. Tanks need better than 1000 psi in them to be sure of good flow.

err..I see "level 10". Is this a classic or reactive valve?
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 04-10-2012 at 08:19 AM.

What I meant by on/off was the ASA on/off. Some will depress the pin on the tank reg so much that it will actually cut the air supply in half.

In my phone so Bear with me

Used two different on/offs(Asa) same problem. I don't think I have filters in the airlines, but I'm not totally sure of what you are talking about. The on/off(not Asa) does have tiny(not sure how tiny is tiny) holes in it. Not sure of the significance of that though.

Alright, switched out the on/off for a classic, and the lvl 10 for a lvl 7. Still having issues and may have made more. At this point i just wanted it fixed. Sent Tuna an email. If anybody else offers mag repair, I'm willing to pay. I don't know if Tuna's off fishing this time of year, or how backed up he is. Don't mean to make a b/s/t, but if anybody does, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit451
    Alright, switched out the on/off for a classic, and the lvl 10 for a lvl 7. Still having issues and may have made more. At this point i just wanted it fixed. Sent Tuna an email. If anybody else offers mag repair, I'm willing to pay. I don't know if Tuna's off fishing this time of year, or how backed up he is. Don't mean to make a b/s/t, but if anybody does, please let me know.
    So, a classic valve?

I would rebuild the valve completely with all new orings, put a .715" on off pin with a quad oring in the top of the on off.

And make sure the port from reg matches up at 12 o'clock with the valve body.

Make sure you supply it with at least a good 800 psi bottle. Some can be slow to respond and can really hurt your recharge time. I borrowed one once that kept me under 8 bps, where my crossfire would let it hit 16 without a noticeable drop off.