Thread: nickle plating/ stripping

Exclamation nickle plating/ stripping

so sending off my 150 parts to get stripped.

how do i see if my tickler lprs' are nickle plated and not just pewter anno?
    i have been taking an emag magnet and laying it on my desk and if the part even atemps to pick it up im asuming it is nickle plated. is this correct?

from what i understand you will not atract a magnet with aluminum that is anodized?

so any help on this would be great so i can bag the nickle parts separate and let them know to not put them in the same bath as the anodized parts.

or am i wrong on this and nickle plated parts can go in the same bath?

let me know any info you guys have thanks,

KNM

Might be a good question for the person doing the stripping.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Might be a good question for the person doing the stripping.
    they arnt open right now.

imagine that.

im getting ready to pack up and send them off. and i found the extra peices laying around.

forgot OP you need a detailed explination.

Magnets are sticking to the Micro Rock, and WGP LPRs that I have that are Chrome/nickel. Problem is, I beleive they are sticking due to the springs inside and not to the coating. Your best bet would be to just stick them in a seperate bag regardless and put a note with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Magnets are sticking to the Micro Rock, and WGP LPRs that I have that are Chrome/nickel. Problem is, I beleive they are sticking due to the springs inside and not to the coating. Your best bet would be to just stick them in a seperate bag regardless and put a note with it.
    alrighty.
    yeah and since no one is up and running at this hour either with different info i will go ahead and do that.

all kidding aside thankyou for all the help you have to offer on this and past issues i have had.

ill post pics of the raw markers on my project thread when they come back from stripping.

thanks,
    KNM