Thread: VER Questions

VER Questions

I sent Jai a PM with these questions, but wondering if someone else knows off the top of their head.

1. Is the magnet in the frame glued in? Mine seems to move fairly loosely and I want to use a longer top set screw to shorten my throw. With the magnet able to move, this makes it impossible to do.

2. How is the trigger pin held in? I just tapped mine out and now it slides in and out a little too easily.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think the trigger pins were threaded no?

I think there is a set screw in the top of the frame that holds the pin in place.

^^that's what it was^^
    Last edited by Ando; 04-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Ahh, didnt notice that. I'll have to take a look at it. I didnt get a response on the magnet, so I instead of gluing it in place or anything I cut a peice of macroline to length and put it on top of the magent so it stays in place now. A longer set screw will allow me to move the trigger back some.

Will test later when the kids arent sleeping

I have also used an o ring from my left over on.off kits that is thick/stiff enogh to hold the magnets snug. but macro definently works great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Ahh, didnt notice that. I'll have to take a look at it. I didnt get a response on the magnet, so I instead of gluing it in place or anything I cut a peice of macroline to length and put it on top of the magent so it stays in place now. A longer set screw will allow me to move the trigger back some.

Will test later when the kids arent sleeping
    You can also take a hole punch to a peice of plastic card like those coupon cards you get from supermarkets and stuff it under the magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    You can also take a hole punch to a peice of plastic card like those coupon cards you get from supermarkets and stuff it under the magnet.
    Under or on top of? Is this just for adjustment?

Was having issues with the marker leaking this morning. Seems that the powertube O-ring or something decided to take a dump at the same time I was fiddling around with it. What a pain those are to actually replace. Then I thought I had it licked and my freakim CCM fitting started leaking. I need to loctite the set screws, but everything seems to be working now. Of course, it took me nearly 3 tanks to get it worked out.

Once again, I fixed something until it was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I think there is a set screw in the top of the frame that holds the pin in place.
    Nice feature.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    1. Is the magnet in the frame glued in? Mine seems to move fairly loosely and I want to use a longer top set screw to shorten my throw. With the magnet able to move, this makes it impossible to do.
    The magnet won't move when installed because the two magnets(rail and trigger) will attract each other.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    The magnet won't move when installed because the two magnets(rail and trigger) will attract each other.
    Actually, there is a set screw in the top of the trigger, not a magnet and without something holding it down, it does indeed move. I used a cut peice of macroline to keep the magnet in place.

Thanks for the answers, I seem to have it working now.

If there is no magnet on top of the trigger, what provides the attraction to pull the trigger forward?

If you are using a different method of pushing the trigger forward and there is no attraction to keep the magnet down and in place, you don't need the magnet to be there anyway.

The setscrew is attracted by the magnet at the top and then you have the magnet mod too.

If I am not mistaken, the spring on the microswitch pushed the trigger forward a little and the magnet in the frame attracts the set screw snd does the rest. If you put a longer set screw in that pushes the trigger back for a shorter throw, when the spring on the microswitch pushes it forward, the magnet moves if it isnt held in place and the trigger sticks.

Again, thats how I understand it, if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

ROFL...wait a min? What are we talking about here...lol...M90...VER?

I need to stop...I'm getting threads all confused.

I figured you had started to enjoy the weekend already

The problem with all of this is that a magnet is barely able to pull against a magnet through the aluminum. It doesn't fare well pulling just a set screw. It might when the trigger setup is new and clean, but not so good when it gets some dirt and goo in there. At least now I know why it needs the top magnet held in place.

Note: Pretty much all magnet mods require two magnets, one on top of the frame, and one on the trigger. There's a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    The problem with all of this is that a magnet is barely able to pull against a magnet through the aluminum. It doesn't fare well pulling just a set screw. It might when the trigger setup is new and clean, but not so good when it gets some dirt and goo in there. At least now I know why it needs the top magnet held in place.

Note: Pretty much all magnet mods require two magnets, one on top of the frame, and one on the trigger. There's a reason for that.
    It does really well in this setup actually since the frame is milled such that the magnet is not pulling through aluminum.