Thread: New Universal Board!!! The "Uni-Pro" (Beta)

New Universal Board!!! The "Uni-Pro" (Beta)

REFLEX PAINTBALL CUSTOMS is proud to introduce the newest family member to our already growing electronic product line

The REFLEX PAINTBALL CUSTOMS "Uni-Pro"

A new Universal board that combines features desired by the "Do-It-Yourselfer" and the "Tinkerer" in all of us

A size comparison against the UTB and a Paintball

The Uni-Pro is a very unique product bringing some much desired advancements over its predecessors such as the Morlock and Universal T-Board (UTB)

- Multicolor LED is used for board status and programming mode adjustments. The multicolor LED also serves to mount the board in position if the board is placed in the rear of the trigger frame. (this is what the board is primarily designed for, though it will fit on other locations too).

- OLED screen: yes, this board will be developed with the intent that for future use in the product, it can control an OLED screen

- Multi-color LED mount: the way you see the LED in the pictures was mounted for programing and testing purposes. The LED can be moved to the back of the board or removed and a jumper soldered on for remote LED location,.. there are options!

- Multiple Power switch options: You guys that have the VER and Logic Ripper frames will know what Im talking about here. The UTB "single button" software isnt really true "single button". You have to trick the board into thinking its using a button when you have a slide switch. The Uni-Pro needs no code change or weird manipulation of hardware to turn the board on. If you use a momentary button (Like the UTB does), simply turn the dip switch located on the main board next to the tourney lock "on". If you use a slide switch (like the morlock did) turn the dip switch "off". The same code works for both switches types!

- Improved Header design: With both the UTB and the Morlock, there was area for improvement with the way you plugged in your components. The Morlock lacked polarity correction. The UTB lacked strength in the wire gauge. The Uni-Pro corrects the polarity issue by keeping ALL of your negative wires on the bottom of the board. All the positive and signal wires are on the top. This means that even if you are color blind, you can at least know what side of your header is bottom and top! The UTB had a very small and fragile wire harness with smaller wires coming from it. The Uni-Pro uses larger gauge wires and a 2mm header setup like the Morlock did, as well as bundling the components together in grouped header sets. This adds to the ease of installation when working on a custom install.

- Compatible with the following solenoid configurations:
    1. Single-solenoid, open bolt markers (compatible with virtually all markers, however some may require special programming).
    2. Dual-solenoid, closed bolt markers (Excalibur, electronic Autococker, Sovereign, pre-2003 Shocker).
    3. Single solenoid, closed bolt marker (Nova, Mayhem, Epic, etc).

- Compatible with all types of intellifeed including Warp feeds, Revolution intellifeed, and RF transmitters.

- Able to operate any solenoid small enough to be useful in a paintball marker, according to published specifications. However, some solenoids may require the use of an additional capacitor.

- Use any power source between 6 and 26 volts.

- Compatible with E/X-Mag rechargeable battery and solenoid.

- Power saving circuit draws minimal power while the marker is not in use.

- 20-MHz micro controller allows for fine adjustment of firing parameters.

- Board settings are saved in non-volatile memory, which remains available for years (decades) with no power connected.

- On-board tournament lock, disables programming mode when locked.

- One mounting screw hole is present on the board. Recommended screw size is 4-40 or 4-48 thread (not shown in the proto-type)

- Compatible with both beam-break and reflective eyes.

- Eye test mode available for both beam-break and reflective eyes.

- Adjustable analog eye sensitivity (for both eye types). Visible "laser" eyes standard.

THERE IS NO PRICE SET FOR THESE YET!

We will issue a target price once we work out the software development for the OLED screen.

When can you get one?
    No time soon. We have other products that require our attention at this point. Once they have shipped we will release some more information.

hmmm was just wondering about a board for a mayhem.

VERY cool!

I got to see this thing in person, and having messed with this type of thing for a long time all I can say is O M F G!

I am considering becoming a dealer for these. This should be huge.

You should also consider changing the name to the "Reflex Universal Board", or "R.U.B." for short. Then you can say "Come RUB one out"

^^Lol that funny crap right there. Lmao. ^^

Great product and just in time to replace the no longer produced UT.

Very cool. I hope I have the cash when it comes out. This fixes the one huge issue I have with the UTB, the wiring harness.

Outstanding!

Great job as always!

I see a PIC, mystery IC, two caps, two diodes... and a few passives.

What's used to switch the solenoids? I'm not aware of any PIC that can source the ~200mA a MAC requires.

Is other IC a linear regulator?

How are programming features changed? e.g. ROF, Ramping, dwell, debounce, etc? Will the OLED be required for these changes?

Will the software be open source like the UTB? (...was?) Where did the Scenario Dreams go?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe
    I see a PIC, mystery IC, two caps, two diodes... and a few passives.

What's used to switch the solenoids? I'm not aware of any PIC that can source the ~200mA a MAC requires.

Is other IC a linear regulator?

How are programming features changed? e.g. ROF, Ramping, dwell, debounce, etc? Will the OLED be required for these changes?

Will the software be open source like the UTB? (...was?) Where did the Scenario Dreams go?
    So many questions:

Q: "What's used to switch the solenoids? I'm not aware of any PIC that can source the ~200mA a MAC requires. "

A: Specifically we are using MOSFETs to move the solenoids. Both are independent of each other.
    We originally had the negative ground gated but because the warp feed and most RF modules work with a +5 volt logic, we changed the circuit to accommodate everything you should want.

Q: "Is other IC a linear regulator?"

A: we omitted the regulator for programming purposes last week. I dont want to get into the specifics of it,... but yes,.. there is a missing IC,... intentionally done

Q: "How are programming features changed? e.g. ROF, Ramping, dwell, debounce, etc? Will the OLED be required for these changes?

A: There are going to be 2 software variations (so far,.. we are EARLY in the programming phase so take this all with change) One version will work with the RGB LED. The second software version will work with the OLED screen. Our HOPE is to use one version for BOTH options.
    The programming has to reflect the interface you are given to control the board with. So with either an LED or OLED screen,.... the software will interface through that.

Q: "Will the software be open source like the UTB? (...was?) Where did the Scenario Dreams go?"

A: The software is not open source. I belongs to us. There was only 1000 UTBs made. I have bought 300+ of those 1000. To this date I am the largest purchaser out of all sales SD has done for UTBs.
    I know you cant get more after the 1000 are gone. SD has taken the dealer accounts away.
    They are getting away from the paintball venue.

The boards went out to the software engineer today.

Hope to be testing something in a few months

this is a cool idea I cant wait to see the oled version.

Would be interested in getting one of these depending on price

If you want to become a dealer does that mean the BigEvil wants to help everyone RUB one out?
    Girls are no substatute of paintball

Murphy's law of paintball: If it jams force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyways

This thing should be awesome
    Im still amazed @ how far we have come
    to fit all that into a size of a nickel
    Does anyone else remember giant SC R's with heat syncs the size of an cassette ?

hope this come to a finished product.
    then we can make a nice order for a few when and if i can get the lpr forgrip made.

hmm that would be sweet.

KNM

Any update on these?

Quote Originally Posted by harleywrench001 View Post
    Any update on these?
    The software engineer has been playing with them all winter,... mixed results really.

We were talking about the E/X-Mag boards and their future after release.... this uni-board came into the topic as well.

I cant really do anything with these until the E/X-Mag boards are delivered.... its a moral issue. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post
    The software engineer has been playing with them all winter,... mixed results really.

We were talking about the E/X-Mag boards and their future after release.... this uni-board came into the topic as well.

I cant really do anything with these until the E/X-Mag boards are delivered.... its a moral issue. Sorry.
    Thumbs up!

seconded.

you have to respect a man who has morals and would rather wait on money in hand to get products that people have already paid for.

i can't wait for these. have about 12 guns that this will go into.

As much as I really want to buy one of these boards, I have to respect that response.
    AO Feedback |*| MCB Feedback |*| Please ship to me in Canada using USPS (US shipping also an option...US Parcel Pickup)

Yeah I know,...

Its hard to see the hype then have to receive bad news.

There's just an order to things I believe people should do them in,... or the right way to do things.