Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: time to redecorate AO

Any which way that works for us living outside the U.S. Paypal, VISA or simply sending money to a bank account. A donate button on the AGD website would work as well. If there is a concern over not raising enough, and having the hassle of refunding, why not simply quote the sum we're aiming for, and extend the poll here on A.O with sums people are willing to pledge. In my mind the vast majority on this site are responsible adults, whom we can expect to own up to their pledge, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Olsson
    In my mind the vast majority on this site are responsible adults, whom we can expect to own up to their pledge, right?

youd like to think that.

why not simply quote the sum we're aiming for, and extend the poll here on A.O with sums people are willing to pledge.?
    if you do that and everyone knows what everyone else is pledging then this will turn ugly fast imagine this:

Person 1 will pledge 200$
    Person 2 will pledge 10$
    Person 3 will pledge 100$
    Person 3 will pledge 50$
    Person 5 will pledge 500$
    Person 6 will pledge 5$

I'll be the first to admit that I'm poor and wont be able to donate alot... but Lets say I donated 5$ and someone else dontated 200$.... like it or not that person will be the better person in eeryones eyes. you may deny it but it will happen
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 08-25-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Everyone could send me a check and if we don't get to the target price you can cancel the checks.

TK

If this is the chosen method, then please provide address.
    And as far as canceling check, I would be fine if you just ripped them up.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg
    agreed

this is probably the best way to do it

Any which way that works for us living outside the U.S. Paypal, VISA or simply sending money to a bank account. A donate button on the AGD website would work as well. If there is a concern over not raising enough, and having the hassle of refunding, why not simply quote the sum we're aiming for, and extend the poll here on A.O with sums people are willing to pledge. In my mind the vast majority on this site are responsible adults, whom we can expect to own up to their pledge, right?

Thumbs up

i like the kickstarter idea myself

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak
    i like the kickstarter idea myself
    Rules don't let us.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    if you do that and everyone knows what everyone else is pledging then this will turn ugly fast imagine this:

Person 1 will pledge 200$
    Person 2 will pledge 10$
    Person 3 will pledge 100$
    Person 3 will pledge 50$
    Person 5 will pledge 500$
    Person 6 will pledge 5$

I'll be the first to admit that I'm poor and wont be able to donate alot... but Lets say I donated 5$ and someone else dontated 200$.... like it or not that person will be the better person in eeryones eyes. you may deny it but it will happen
    everyone's situation is different. if people can and want to give, do it. whether it be a large or small amount, something is better than nothing. if anyone is looked at differently for not donating as much as someone else, that's pretty messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin
    if anyone is looked at differently for not donating as much as someone else, that's pretty messed up.
    Agreed but it happens, everyday

Ah, the joys of centralization. The power grabs, the jockeying for status. We'll eventually look back upon these times, laugh uncomfortably, and then change the subject.

Might want to see if indiegogo will let you do it.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    Ah, the joys of centralization. The power grabs, the jockeying for status. We'll eventually look back upon these times, laugh uncomfortably, and then change the subject.

Might want to see if indiegogo will let you do it.

It looks like Indigogo may allow us to do this. Tom, can you check this out?

anyone know how to get ahold of some of the old skool members who could come back and help out

We're all on Facebook. Not sure how many would consider putting $ in, but I can raise the topic.

It looks like indiegogo will let us do a campaign. Before I start it we need to see a bit more momentum than a few people.

TK

maybe we can incorporate this into a few events like tunaball 7

Maybe a new thread with clearer title is good too. The 'redecorate' title isnt really what this thread has become. its more of a SAVE AUTOMAGS.ORG kinda thing...

Also, Tom I would like to think that there are some people watching this thread but dont make a post. They might be on board too and choose to just not post about it.

and then get a mod to sticky it

and then get a mod to sticky it

Sticky in all forums too. Especially the classifieds. For people that buy and sell parts, no AO to do it on would not be cool for lots of people.

Oh, and if word gets to other forums...say MCB, I would hope many more maggers would come running in to help too.

Heck...if Tom did a kissing booth at Living Legends to raise money their would be more than enough

Sticky in all forums too. Especially the classifieds. For people that buy and sell parts, no AO to do it on would not be cool for lots of people.

Oh, and if word gets to other forums...say MCB, I would hope many more maggers would come running in to help too.
    Its going in my signature at PBN

Heck...if Tom did a kissing booth at Living Legends to raise money their would be more than enough
    THERE

I'd pay for that

and I'm still looking for the picture of Tom as martha stuart

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    It looks like indiegogo will let us do a campaign. Before I start it we need to see a bit more momentum than a few people.

TK
    Why not open a paypal account for donations?
    It makes the most sense...

I would like to raffle off some parts to help raise funds, but I dont want to run it through my paypal account.
    Last edited by luke; 08-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I would like to raffle off some parts to help raise funds, but I dont want to run it through my paypal account.
    I'm in where do I send money

I'm in where do I send money
    I have NO idea.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Why not open a paypal account for donations?
    It makes the most sense...

I agree 200%. Couldn't be more easy than this.

There's apparently some stipulations with that. I'm about 90% of the time sending money as personal for gear and what not too people. I've been sent paypal nasty-grams about 3 different times about it and have BS'ed my way out of each one. Not sure what the rule is but there is something stupid for "donations"

just give tunaman some time to get back up in full swing.
    from what i understand he is planning to help to get this fixed.

he was talking about it on BEO a little.

Ok... I didn't read it all, but...

I will help with any coding for Vbulletin... Some of my work is on display over at BEO.

If my finances allow, I will make a modest donation.

I have been shooting Automags for as long as there have been Automags, and I would rather not see this site fade away.

Ty
      Proud Owner of the SFL Emag, Chimera

Paypal

TK: Please just open a paypal account for donations.
    I already owe for about 5 years of "membership", so I'll happily donate some cash. I don't even care if it is used for the forum.

As far as the forum, fork over a few hundred for the new Vbulletin. Then pay this hackjob company (Delaware?) to ship your data over to a respected host like Bluehost.com and we are done!

I'm down for some cash.

I would also go for a shoebox raffle.

btw, I hadn't noticed this thread take a serious turn (from the past few years) until Shane brought it up on MCB. There might be others ignoring the old topic.

May I ask how big the forum database actually is (minus private user data, of course)?

How big is the database?