Thread: Idea for a new Rail ( Custom )

Idea for a new Rail ( Custom )

Who would be interested in making a rail that would go the full length of a Minimag body? Was thinking about making the bottom of the rail from the grip frame picatinny to the tip. Would be using a Intelli for the grip frame, so from that forward would be the picatinny. The rest of the rail could just be slug with a AM/MM sear/sear pin design.

This would be for mounting whatever tac foregrip you wanted. Preferably MagPul AFG 2

Thanks &
    Last edited by Fatalis; 06-08-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I have a MagPul on my pump handle.

I was wanting to do this on my blank Emag length rail I have but can't remember why i never did. If I remember correctly it's not wide enough to do the picatinny.

^ are you referring to the height of the rail or thickness? If the picatinny was forward of the grip frame area, it wouldn't matter with the depth/height/thickness.

this is a tacti-cool idea!

How many you want 20? 30?

Like I said, I don't remember why i decided against it. I was going to replace the rail in this pic to the left with the blank I have.

This build has been in the works for a while so my reasoning is a little foggy.

I'm pretty sure I convinced myself in buying a short picatinny rail like the one in the pic below and drill/tap the current rail in the pic above to accommodate it. That way it's modular and i'm not stuck with the rail system if I want to go with a different setup like what I have on it now.

I have so much gear/parts it not even funny and had ideas for all of it at one time or another but it's all gone to the way side for over a year now.

You could start a new line of picatinny mounted foregrips

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    How many you want 20? 30?
    All depends on pricing my friend.

Ando, I really like the way that looks. This is almost what I was imagining when Luke was looking for suggestions for a new tac rail with an under-mount picatiny rail. I like how the cuts on the sides line up with the cuts in the body. The only thing I don't like is the angled cut at the front of the rail. I would have drawn something up, but I'm terrible at drawing in just about every medium.

Luke, is something like this doable? If so, do you have a ballpark cost in mind?

Since i've thought about keeping my minimag body i was thinking about a rail but i want one between minimag and full length sizes. Long enough to fit my triton and a stick grip with a small gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis
    All depends on pricing my friend.
    Price goes hand in hand with how many are being made/sold.

^ I'm not one for starting a pre-order or anything. Would really just be interested in 1 for myself. PM'd ya Luke