Thread: 86* or Vert Single trigger frame?

86* or Vert Single trigger frame?

Why has no one every made one of these for the Mag? CCM makes them for their pumps (and I think for a couple others). Is there any interest in one? With XMT finishing up the aluminum MM bodies, maybe this could be the next project if enough interest was shown?

It's on my list if I can ever find time to get to it. The last 2 months have been hell for me. Still trying to get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    It's on my list if I can ever find time to get to it. The last 2 months have been hell for me. Still trying to get caught up.
    Good, 'cause I think I've figured out what you should do with this (again).

jk, but I do have a couple of thoughts. The old vert frames weren't really meant to grip well, more like roll your hand around and down as you pull the marker in. I always thought they looked good, but I always shot low unless I was crouching low behind a bunker.

Since you can't roll your hand off a single trigger very far, it might be nice to shorten the frame a bit, compared to angel and other vert frames. It does mean custom grips though.

If I was going to try to make one of these work for me, I would start with a drop-kick rail (your other project), to make me tuck the bottle in more, making the setup kind of like a y-frame.

Last, I'm thinking of a Triggernomics type trigger with a wide, flat bottom to let me use the bottom of the trigger, as my hand is angled up.

Just dreaming, but that's why I don't like vert frames, I just can't use the top 1/4 very well with most setups.

or we could talk ccm into it and it wouldnt take them long to make them since they already have the shape, grips, hole pattern, machining, literally they would have to cut a bigger slot and make a metal trigger and thats about it.

I thought about that, but the one time I contacted them about making their fittings with a shorter thread portion, I was given the "we're way too busy for custom work" spiel. However, they price their 45* frames at under $100 which is nice if we could get the 90/86 for similiar. I don't want to spend $200 for a frame. And they do offer anodizing.

Just wanted to post my support for this idea. I would be down for one if they were at or below 150.

I'm in for a 86* frame

I'd be in for a *86 frame depending in design. If its a CCM *86 frame, most definitely.

How hard is it to get a regular CCM frame and convert it to fit a Mag?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    How hard is it to get a regular CCM frame and convert it to fit a Mag?
    There was a thread about this on MCB a while back... apparently the tolerances are pretty tight to make enough room for the sear's "leg". That said there was a picture of a successful conversion. Ill see if i can dig the thread up.

EDIT: Looks like XM15 did it... see post 17 for details

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ps-well-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    There was a thread about this on MCB a while back... apparently the tolerances are pretty tight to make enough room for the sear's "leg". That said there was a picture of a successful conversion. Ill see if i can dig the thread up.

EDIT: Looks like XM15 did it... see post 17 for details

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ps-well-2.html
    tnx for posting that link