Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Tunaball 7 early warning system has been activated

To all the travelers, have a safe trip! See u guys on Saturday!

Not if we see you on Friday first!

so jealous, one of these times ill make it to one of these events

Airport bound.

for those that haven't left yet... if you have any barrels for a 2k blazer, can you bring it? I can't find the one barrel I have for my blazer...

Some sad news to report - our friend Jason Finnie (Finnie on the forums) passed away last night after being in a coma for a few days. I am not sure of the details, but he had kidney problems and was waiting for a transplant.

I had just seen him about 2 months ago at the West Point game. I told him TK was coming to TB7 and he was super excited about it.

So we will dedicate this weekend to our lost friend and raise a few up in his honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    ditto

Wish I had opted for this event, but the X-mag is currently out of commission anyway. Hit the local field today and 3 guys showed up...

I could have played with Tom!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

wow.
    What an epic day of paintball.
    Tom and Tuna got to the field at 9:30 ready to play. We jumped into an open group game which wound up being 30 Aoera vs 50 regulars.
    The game went on for about 30 minutes and end with Tom leading the final push ...Big evil falling will running with the flag {he may have seriously injured his ankle } and 2 guys with xmags finishing for the win.
    After that it settled down for some gun teching and talk of some super secret projects that no is allowed to post about..also there was talk of some first strike goodness.
    There were some new customs x mags there.
    Top gun handed out some ice pops.
    Lunch was amazing ....pork.
    What a great day .
    Tunaball proved to be a cant miss event.
    Thanks for putting in all the hard work and it was great seeing everyone.
    Cant believe you you missed this Day spring ...just to make it to your house closing......selfish jerk

some of the events may not be 100 percent accurate
    Bahahaaa
    Oh after alot of round table discussion we agreed that a riffeled barrel improves the performance of any paintball gun.
    Truth

Had a blast playing with everyone. Was incredible to meet all of the people playing. What a bonus to have Tom and Simon there. Everyone was awesome and very friendly. Great two days of paintball.

party time

Last edited by GoatBoy; 06-02-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

nice

Mag teams are usually outnumbered, but never outgunned.
    Forest Gump of paintball

Just finally got some dinner with Lornecash and Loguzzzzzz.

Totally shot and wiped out, but sad this weekend is over. Will post more later....

Favorite exchange of the event at the end of this video:

Nice video! I'm still recovering from the weekend, but it was really fun meeting everyone from AO and BEO. I was a little worried how my girlfriend and friends (first timers) would react, but i'm glad everyone they met were easy going and helpful. They really enjoyed themselves.

Awesome weekend everyone!

As always an absolutely fantastic time. It really is a great group of people we get to these events with the right spirit. I think it's a great event for seasoned players, and people looking to play for the first time thanks to the attitude and way that everyone plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Favorite exchange of the event at the end of this video:

You played some great paintball this weekend. Was great playing against (and being shot by) you and playing with you on the same team.

Saturday was a little hot for me and I was busy with the booth and everyone that came over to talk and give me their support. It means the world to me. Thank you.

Had a blast playing on Sunday in the slightly cooler weather

Quote Originally Posted by manike View Post
    Awesome weekend everyone!

As always an absolutely fantastic time. It really is a great group of people we get to these events with the right spirit. I think it's a great event for seasoned players, and people looking to play for the first time thanks to the attitude and way that everyone plays.

You played some great paintball this weekend. Was great playing against (and being shot by) you and playing with you on the same team.

Saturday was a little hot for me and I was busy with the booth and everyone that came over to talk and give me their support. It means the world to me. Thank you.

Had a blast playing on Sunday in the slightly cooler weather

Thanks Manike! It was an honor having... a guest of honor in the 50 with me.

I can say with no uncertainty that this was a great group to play with. Like, I actually did an A/B test. When things died down on Sunday, another player and I joined the open group, and it just wasn't the same.

I'm glad you all had a great time. Tunaball is really one of those "Must Do" events anymore.

That being said - I hate you all for getting to go while I'm out here.

Don't worry Nick... Lasrsktr and i were texting saturday about how much it sucked not being there either...

This one about says it all..

For Dayspring and Bunny. (Mike has yours Nick, he will send it to you for me)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post

Great photo!

Was awesome having Tom out and telling stories. Some stories you will only ever hear, in person, at an event like this.

Now that's pretty cool.

I didn't expect any sort of thanks other than the forum living for another 10+ years.

I really appreciate the award you guys gave out to Dayspring and I. It was really cool to have my friends from VA see my double life in action The awesome part of all this is that this is the first update of many. I'm really looking forward to next update coming down the pipe.

now thats a great pic

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post

I finally have some time and a clear enough head to get in front of the keyboard and post. Monday night after I dropped Lornecash off at the airport my body hit a wall, and I have barely been able to get my head off the pillow since then.

For those of you that don't know, there is a transition phase as a result of my diet where your body needs to switch from burning sugar and carbs to burning fat. Its called the Induction Flu or "Keto Flu" (for ketogenic diet). Look it up, it is NOT fun. It's called the "FLU" for a reason and it hit me really hard this time.

So anyhow -

Another Tunaball in the books. I love how all of the loose ends fall into place effortlessly, making my weeks of agita almost seem funny in hindsight.

I gratitude to everyone who comes out and who helps make this even happen is very personal to me - my undying appreciation to you all!

Special thanks to -

Tom Kaye, who was gracious, personable and just an all around great guy. I even think that he enjoyed himself

Simon - who is the undisputed coolest dude in paintball.

All of the boys; Nobody, Ian, Ty, Outlaw5 & 6, Lornecash, CarlJr and the Topgun crew, Going_Home, Maniac Mechanic, Bunny and his crew, Ando, Lexiones for going out of his way to make an appearance, Diomedes for all of the video footage, Mike Quinn, Robbie for not shooting me out for once, Heff of Zodiac PB for coming Sunday with Cigars and Bourbon since supplies were dwindling, Sterling, Shwade, Cougar20th and the rest of the NH crew, ESPECIALLY P8ntbal4me for his relentless efforts to secure the cabins for us... and to the dozens more who I cant think of right now - THANK YOU ALL!

.. and to Tuna for still being with us another year after a few close calls. We are all glad to see you are on the right track and at least the insurance companies stopped sending you half a calendar

An extra special thanks to Redic and Pilliage for all of their tireless and generous efforts to help me make this event what it is. Literally, with out them, this could NOT have happened.

Looking forward-

There will be NO TUNABALL 8 next year It's time to take a break, and if all goes well we will pick up in TWO YEAR in 2015.

If you were at TB7, you guys know the plan, if not here it is; Next year the plan is to gather all of the Automag guys at LIVING LEGENDS 7 at CPX in Joliet Illinois into one massive AO-ARMY strike force. Things are already in the works and when I get back from vacation I will start to reach out to the other guys on the forums and begin to get the plans rolling. So mark your calendars, start saving your cash, and don't say I didn't tell you so

-BigEvil

I'm in!!

I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone again