Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    One way or another there would for sure be a double trigger frame because that is what I want for myself.
    Ah, in that case nevermind about the modular trigger guard

The fabcos take less activation pressure but they are more easier to short stroke than the clippard

Wow Luke way to keep coming up with ways to get me to send you money, as it is I'm going to be sending another body into you.

If you did do the modular 86* I would be down for two frames. Otherwise I would be down for 1 double trigger frame... Be perfect for a gun I'm building to give it a bit of sizzle
    Girls are no substatute of paintball

Murphy's law of paintball: If it jams force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyways

I may have come up with a great idea for this frame if we end up going with a detachable trigger guard. It’s something that has never been do-able on a Mag frame and something that DYI guys have always had to work around one way or another, I think it warrants the effort to design a modular frame. I have just about collected my thoughts on the design that I would like to pursue, so if you have any more input lets here it before I start on the CAD.

If you do a frame with a detachable trigger guard (conversion from single to double), please consider making an option of having a .45 frame. There's a lot of people who have been asking for a 90* or 86* frame, but the standard .45 frame will still draw a lot of buyers.

I may have come up with a great idea for this frame if we end up going with a detachable trigger guard. It’s something that has never been do-able on a Mag frame and something that DYI guys have always had to work around one way or another, I think it warrants the effort to design a modular frame. I have just about collected my thoughts on the design that I would like to pursue, so if you have any more input lets here it before I start on the CAD.
    Why not just do the front part of the frame taller and then make it compatible with Tippmann trigger guards? Is it really that hard to do?

Also, there was the old Boo-Yaah (I think that's how you spell it) electronic frame that had a removable trigger guard some good 15 years ago. You could mimic that one too.

A third option would be to make it as the Intimidator frames, which also allowed for replacing the trigger guard.

Although I like the first idea better as one could have a lot of options currently in the market for trigger frames.
    Last edited by mpsd; 08-06-2012 at 01:01 PM.

With the differing opinions on grip geometries, why not consider making the grip modular like a phantom? Modular trigger guard and grip would be ridiculously awesome. Might have to limit that to mech-only though, but not necessarily.

Why not just do the front part of the frame taller and then make it compatible with Tippmann trigger guards? Is it really that hard to do?
    Link/Picture?

Also, there was the old Boo-Yaah (I think that's how you spell it) electronic frame that had a removable trigger guard some good 15 years ago. You could mimic that one too.
    Link/Picture?

A third option would be to make it as the Intimidator frames, which also allowed for replacing the trigger guard.
    lol, Link/Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    With the differing opinions on grip geometries, why not consider making the grip modular like a phantom? Modular trigger guard and grip would be ridiculously awesome. Might have to limit that to mech-only though, but not necessarily.
    Need some links to the parts you guys are referring to...

The problem with using Tippmann trigger guards is they are based on a clamshell design. Also, I think the only trigger guards available for them are plastic.

I wont go with anything plastic.
    Most likely I'll end up making them anyway...

I happen to have an A5 frame laying around. The frame is actually three sections. A left half, right half and trigger guard. There are tabs on each end of the trigger gaurd that either are held in with screws or are just held in place by the frame halves:

That wont work on this deal.
    Thanks for the picture.

I didn't know these are Clamshells. Anyways, you could do something like this as well:

And then all you would need would be a couple pins to hold it in place. You could either use a small screw or a pin like the ones we have for the trigger.

PS: I know my drawing sucks, to say the least but I only have Paint here and I wanted to give a brief idea only.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    I didn't know these are Clamshells. Anyways, you could do something like this as well:

And then all you would need would be a couple pins to hold it in place. You could either use a small screw or a pin like the ones we have for the trigger.

PS: I know my drawing sucks, to say the least but I only have Paint here and I wanted to give a brief idea only.
    This is basically what they do with the AR15/M16 platform of firearms. The trigger guard is held in place with 2 pins. Now...with that in mind you would have open holes where the guard would go if you set the frame up for a cangeable guard between single finger and double finger system. Some won't mind that, some won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    This is basically what they do with the AR15/M16 platform of firearms. The trigger guard is held in place with 2 pins. Now...with that in mind you would have open holes where the guard would go if you set the frame up for a cangeable guard between single finger and double finger system. Some won't mind that, some won't like it.
    It depends, actually. All you need would be a design to have the double trigger one fit in the same hole as the single one. A "U" shaped one could do it quite well and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    I didn't know these are Clamshells.
    Yeah, most Tippys are clamshell. On the 98, the whole marker is a clamshell. On the A5, Phenom and X7 the frame is removable, but still clamshell.

I had thought the same thing though MPSD about having loops or something on either end.

I have a pretty clean idea in mind to attach the trigger guard but will have to do the CAD to make sure it will work. I'm going to give this thread a few more days then I'll get busy.

here's a booyah.

dont know how it attatches but i'm sure an allen set screw would work

Modular Grip Frame

From ASP:

Attaches with one screw.

That looks like a manufacturing strategy to save money on materials.

Would allow for 45 and 90. I think there might be some design issues though due to how the AGD sear protrudes into the frame.
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-07-2012 at 09:52 AM.

I don’t really like the design and would not incorporate something like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Would allow for 45 and 90. I think there might be some design issues though due to how the AGD sear protrudes into the frame.

Agreed; I just wanted to show the basic idea of a modular frame. I'm sure there is a more mag-friendly (sear clearance) method of attaching the frame to the trigger assembly.

Keep the ideas coming, even if we don’t use it, it may spark an idea we can. I was kind of against a removable trigger guard at first but that idea ended up solving a design problem I had been working on for a few years.

Just spitballing, but what about a combination of the ASP design and the clamshell? Top part of frame cold be solid and grip portion could be clamshell? And a removable trigger guard. This would be totally modular. you could have single/double trigger and vert of 45 grip. Having the bottom clamshell would allow for two pockets to be milled, one for single trigger guard and another lower down in the handle to accept a double guard.

I really dont see a need for a removable guard but who am I to judge what true love is...

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819
    I really dont see a need for a removable guard but who am I to judge what true love is...
    I think the point was to be able to manufacture one frame and be able to swap out single and double guards to make it more versatile.

For me, it’s not so much that the double and single triggers can be swapped, but more so to do with the trigger design itself (In regard to function) .

Why would an 86* be better than a 90* frame?
    Comfort in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Comfort in my opinion.
    4* is that big of a deal?