Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

The solid part at the top will be milled out from the top, a MPA3 should fit nicely.
    Uses AGD triggers and safety parts.
    Aluminum grips.
    These will be lighter than the Intelli frame.
    I'm going to do a single trigger design too.

Not sure what to do with an ASA mount on the bottom, with dove tails, T-slots, standard ASA 10-32 screw holes and sleeper mods being done to frames these days I’m tempted to not do any machining there at all. (?)

This looks so nice I want one... Imagine some sweet rosewood grips on this

Update:

I have completed the design for a double trigger, 86* mechanical frame. It uses AGD triggers and safety parts.
    This frame looks more like a short 90* than an 86* frame. The area where your fingers will grip the frame looks to small to me. This is most likely why the original 90* frame made by Freeflow were made longer!

BTW These were originally made for the autococker before Rogue copied them for the automag platform!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    The area where your fingers will grip the frame looks to small to me. This is most likely why the original 90* frame made by Freeflow were made longer! !
    This is one of the reasons I'm pumped about a single trigger option!

This frame looks more like a short 90* than an 86* frame.
    Actually it is exactly 86*

The area where your fingers will grip the frame looks to small to me. !
    I assure you this is not the case, there is plenty of room and it is quite comfortable.

This is most likely why the original 90* frame made by Freeflow were made longer
    I can't speak to that because I don’t know why they did what they did, but like I said the grip fits quite nicely in your hand, if it were a problem I would change it. Really its not even "border line" too short.

BTW These were originally made for the autococker before Rogue copied them for the automag platform!
    I'm pretty sure he copied the length so Angel grips could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    This is one of the reasons I'm pumped about a single trigger option!
    When shooting a two finger trigger frame how many fingers do you use to hold the bottom of your grip frame?

Are you guys implying you want a grip the length of an Angel frame? If so speak up cuz its less work for me, I wont have to make grips, I can use existing stock.

If there is no interest in a double trigger frame, lmk know now before I spend more time and money. I can switch over to the single version pretty easy, it really does not matter to me one way or another.
    Last edited by luke; 12-13-2012 at 04:29 AM.

When shooting a two finger trigger frame how many fingers do you use to hold the bottom of your grip frame?
    Exactly! Personally, when using a two finger frame, I really barely grip the frame much at all. I use my offhand on the reg/foregrip more to hold and steady the gun. Kinda hard two walk a trigger if you have your hand completely wrapped around the grip. I like the frame the way it is. Hoping to get both single and two finger styles. Great work!

Are you guys implying you want a grip the length of an Angel frame? If so speak up cuz its less work for me, I wont have to make grips, I can use existing stock.

If there is no interest in a double trigger frame, lmk know now before I spend more time and money. I can switch over to the single version pretty easy, it really does not matter to me one way or another.
    I like it as it is now in terms of length but I want a single trigger one, instead.

It seems like everyone is interested in the single trigger frame, am I wasting my time on the double?
    I wont say it

But i would take a single trigger frame to.

if you dont make any double besides the one you showed.
    i would be interested in taking that one off your hands.
    i would like a double for sure.

thankyou,
    KNM

-keep it how you designed it, there are already frames that are lengthy as the angel frames...

-your going to have to make an extra one for me, since KNM has dibs on the first one...

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819
    -keep it how you designed it, there are already frames that are lengthy as the angel frames...
    Exactly!

-your going to have to make an extra one for me, since KNM has dibs on the first one...

On a mag with a 90* frame? 3! probably why i am so pumped for your single trigger version! I cant walk any of my mags anyhow so there is no reason to put two fingers on the trigger.

I was in no way trying to imply your double trigger frame was designed poorly, i actually quite like it. If i needed another double trigger (easier to RT!) i would pick up a double.

Sounds like there is interest in both albeit a bit more interest in the single!

Put me down for single trigger! Also, I notice you like to mill your logo onto your items now . Is there anyway of putting the logo milling inside the frame?

I’m not taking any of it personal, I don’t really care which ones I make. At this point it really isn’t relevant, I just don’t want to make them and have them sit. As far as the machining, everything is equal i.e. materials, tooling setup, machine time etc, the green (go) button don’t care.

Probably what I'll do is a pre-order with a discount just so I can get the initial numbers right. No limits or stipulations, just a discount for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by rseb4agze
    Put me down for single trigger! Also, I notice you like to mill your logo onto your items now . Is there anyway of putting the logo milling inside the frame?
    I've come up with a trade mark I'll be using from here on out, but it will not say Lukes Customs, no options or exceptions, sorry.

no options or exceptions, sorry.
    That's a clever trademark

Just thought id throw this out there, what about doing a trigger that is in between a single trigger and double trigger. Have a trigger that is still curved but longer, could still keep the looks of a single trigger with a little more leverage like the double trigger. The major down side would be you couldnt use existing triggers, but if you keep the agd style triggers, the new ones would work in agd double triggers as well. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Just thought id throw this out there, what about doing a trigger that is in between a single trigger and double trigger. Have a trigger that is still curved but longer, could still keep the looks of a single trigger with a little more leverage like the double trigger. The major down side would be you couldnt use existing triggers, but if you keep the agd style triggers, the new ones would work in agd double triggers as well. Any thoughts?
    Mmmm... No. Not for me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Just thought id throw this out there, what about doing a trigger that is in between a single trigger and double trigger. Any thoughts?
    The problem in my mind would be that a grip frame in general is designed for 4 fingers, if the trigger is not single or double but somewhere in between then it may be awkward to handle.

Do you have more process work to do Luke before you can start production? I assume you are going to knock out a single trigger version at some point?

The problem in my mind would be that a grip frame in general is designed for 4 fingers, if the trigger is not single or double but somewhere in between then it may be awkward to handle.
    Dye did some cocker frames that were 1.5 finger triggers. Granted they were 45 style frames.

OK, so I've finished the single trigger frame cad including a new trigger to my liking. Everything is the same except for the trigger guard.

I've sourced my stock to make these from a new vender, but must dive across the state to pick it up, so that will take a day.

I still need to finish the last operation on the prototype, but I'm waiting for another tool order to come in to finish it. (Forgot to order this stuff the first time around )

So we are making progress and getting closer. All this is the hard part, once we go to production it will go quick.

I think I’m going to do a limited number of both frames on the first run so I can gather some feedback before jumping in to deep.

is there a range for price on this.

since the way it looks we will have to do some modding on this prame if we want to do anything but Mechanical?

or am i wrong here?

I think I’m going to do a limited number of both frames on the first run so I can gather some feedback before jumping in to deep.
    are these going to be stamped with the new 'logo' you mentioned before? cant wait to see the single trigger version

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Dye did some cocker frames that were 1.5 finger triggers. Granted they were 45 style frames.
    I guess I'm not real keen on adding another style frame. Perhaps a 1.5 trigger to fit the double trigger frames, but that would be about it.

I do have plans on one more frame design but it will be made to all new specifications and will not be designed to use other vender’s parts. Plus it will be an ep-pneu only frame and will not work in mech mode.

That is a ways out and is mostly a figment of my imagination at this point. I do have a design started but now that these two frames are going to be made I can start from a new slate and do exactly what I want without designing around the AGD platform.

This could be as much as a year out so I can’t field questions on it yet, its way to early. I want to do some smaller projects after these frames are done such as snatch grips, wedges, new emag switches. Plus I have several personal non paintball projects I really need to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    is there a range for price on this.
    I not to a point to price these yet, sorry.

since the way it looks we will have to do some modding on this prame if we want to do anything but Mechanical? or am i wrong here?
    This is a tinkerer’s frame so that's exactly right, but that was my intention from the start.

This is setup is designed for easy mounting a MPA3 without mods, there should be plenty of room to mount a 90* air fitting on the back factory tapped hole on the MPA3. The mounting plate gives you a base to set up an EP actuated frame or a pneumag using a MSV2 or an SMAV3.

In time I will develop mods for all different builds, but for now I don’t have time for R&D.

are these going to be stamped with the new 'logo' you mentioned before? cant wait to see the single trigger version
    Yes the frames will come my new trade mark.
    It can be seen in this thread.

Yes the frames will come my new trade mark.
    It can be seen in this thread.
    Your initials on that piece of metal next to the pliers?