Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

This will be my next project as I’m finally caught up on restocking some inventory and plan on starting the design this coming week. I do have an EP frame pretty much designed, it’s a typical Vert frame that uses Angel grips and non- AGD triggers.

But, I’m thinking I want to start from scratch, still using the Vert design but utilizing Intelli triggers and shortening the length of the grip down closer to the 45 length (As has been discussed here before). There won’t be any off the shelf grips/panels that will fit so I will have to make those too. Frame would be set up to use stock AGD safety parts. I think the frame should be some what universal with a base platform that would make it easy to build a Pneumag or EPmag (I have some specific ideas in mind for that). And the frame should also operate as a mechanical frame.

This will not be a pre order deal, I have a small amount of materials I’ll cut up then go from there. I don’t have a set price as this project is only just started (At the top of this page )

If you have some specific points you would like considered in the design, let’s hear em.

Built in snatch grip maybe?

speaking for me only, i would rather see a 45 ep frame.
    mill for emag magnets, for trigger return.

thats all i have for now.
    KNM

86* or 90* single trigger mechanical frame. Wouldnt mind if it accomodated CCM panels.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    86* or 90* single trigger mechanical frame. Wouldnt mind if it accomodated CCM panels.

I second this but also like the idea of a snatch grip

Quote Originally Posted by Darring D
    I second this but also like the idea of a snatch grip
    So 90* mechanical with a snatche grip.

a 'mini' vert frame would be awsome, especially if it will work with stock agd trigger parts...

Take pneumagger's idea from 2008 and get it moving! A single piece, vert frame / rail and 15* ASA, all Ultra-ULE'd! Frame must have a pocket for a vertical MPA-3 to actuate the sear as well so that one could use it as mech / pneu or e-pneu easily enough with no need to modify the frame.

I'd love to get one of those.

So 90* mechanical with a snatche grip.

I've only used an 86* so I can't say yah or nah on a 90*.. A single trigger 86* with a snatch grip would be nice! Heck, make a 86* double trigger to take the intelliframe trigger too!

This... I would buy an 86* Ccm style frame for mags in a heartbeat. Single trigger would be sweet too even if it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    This... I would buy an 86* Ccm style frame for mags in a heartbeat. Single trigger would be sweet too even if it's an option.
    Well, an 86* frame with a modular trigger-guard that would allow one to change between single and double should not be so hard to do and would certainly be interesting. Make a pocket for a trigger switch or a lever to actuate a MSV-2 using the single trigger and you have a winning product as well. As you can see, I'd love to have anything modular. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    Well, an 86* frame with a modular trigger-guard that would allow one to change between single and double should not be so hard to do and would certainly be interesting. Make a pocket for a trigger switch or a lever to actuate a MSV-2 using the single trigger and you have a winning product as well. As you can see, I'd love to have anything modular. LOL
    Great idea actually. Make it similiar to a Tippmann where you swap out the trigger guard depending if you want it single or double. Make it so that it accepts AGD double triggers and come out with intellitrigger based single triggers. I like.

I think you should make this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    One thing I regret is never getting around to having that one frame I designed produced.
    Totally ULE'd, the frame would have made for one of the lightest setups ever because you can get rid of the rail.
    I'll bet if the frame were made from glass-filled nylon it would fantastically light... and still no rail.

I'd be up for producing a few prototypes if someone had the capabilities... all my personal machines are not CNC.

This version of the design isn't completely ULE'd... it has a cutout for an MPA-3 pneumag piston directly under the on/off and a tab for easy mounting of the MSV-2.
    Notice the cutouts & holes to accomodate a sear directly in the frame.

This was a plainer version with an integrated 15 degree foregrip.
    This frame could have also accomodated a sear.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    I think you should make this:
    Well, that was my very first suggestion if you look above.

Well, that was my very first suggestion if you look above.
    And I second that and found the pictures for you

Here is where I feel we are:

1. Short 90* Angel style grip.
    2 Single trigger.
    3 AGD safety parts.
    4. I believe I can design this to accept 45 grips. (I dont care for single screw per side grips)
    5. EP, Pneu, Mech friendly, ready mount Intelli switch, EP trigger switch, MSV-2. (If possible)
    6. Must fit all rails. Wingless but also referring to trigger guard size which is not an issue with a single trigger.

I'm not really sold on a built in snatch grip, personally I think it looks funky on a Mag. But besides looks it will add to the price of materials which are not very cheap these days. I would much rather machine a nice snatch grip to add to the products I currently offer. (???) It’s not completely out of the question, but you guys will have to convince me otherwise.

Sounds good, though I'd throw in a vote for a modular trigger guard to allow for a double trigger without doing 2 different runs

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    Sounds good, though I'd throw in a vote for a modular trigger guard to allow for a double trigger without doing 2 different runs
    I dont know if I am sold on that idea at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Here is where I feel we are:

1. Short 90* Angel style grip.
    2 Single trigger.
    3 AGD safety parts.
    4. I believe I can design this to accept 45 grips. (I dont care for single screw per side grips)
    5. EP, Pneu, Mech friendly, ready mount Intelli switch, EP trigger switch, MSV-2. (If possible)
    6. Must fit all rails. Wingless but also referring to trigger guard size which is not an issue with a single trigger.
    sounds like a dream pump mag frame to me...
    with what you have planned so far, count me in for at least 2...

your current assessment would make me a happy customer.

A question for the guys that have built Pneumags, is the Fabco-Air MSV-2 used over the Clippard SMAV-3 because it is easier to mount or is it performance? If I recall correctly when these conversions were first being done guys were using the SMAV-3. This may be a chance to design a frame with the SMAV-3 in mind. I believe these take less force to activate…

In regard to a detachable trigger guard that will allow you to change between double and single triggers, what is more important, looks the ability to use twist lock barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    In regard to a detachable trigger guard that will allow you to change between double and single triggers, what is more important, looks the ability to use twist lock barrels?
    I see why you ask... That's a good question, actually. I'd say being able to use it with a twist lock. But I'm like 52% / 48% on that LOL

i know that for me if i have a custom trigger on a mag, most of the marker is aftermarket parts, i only have one twist lock body that i use with an intelliframe and that is on my warp fed mag, all other twist locks i own are loaners and have a stock style frame on it...so id say im like 85-90% looks and 10-15% twist lock capable(100% function though)...

hmmmmmmmmmm

Id say using twist lock is important. or just mark the frame so WE can drill out for the twist lock ourselves if we need it

I could care less if it works with twist locks... ULE or bust for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    hmmmmmmmmmm

Id say using twist lock is important. or just mark the frame so WE can drill out for the twist lock ourselves if we need it
    Not even close to being possible. If it were I would not have ask the question.

I see why you ask... That's a good question, actually. I'd say being able to use it with a twist lock. But I'm like 52% / 48% on that LOL
    Theres is always Docs Cocker conversion part. EDIT: Rethinking this, does it use the twist-lock pin to hole it in place? I've never seen one.
    or
    A butt ugly frame.
    or
    None removable trigger guard frame. (Which eliminates a super cool trigger design I have in mind for Pneumag or EPmag setups)

Last edited by luke; 08-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Another option is to move the trigger guard forward, but then you could not use the AM rail with a foergrip or pump parts.

Another thing I can add without affecting the foregrip mount or pump attachments (On the AM/MM frame) is enlarging the space inside the trigger guard. However you would have to shorten the sear clevis pin if you want to run a mechanical setup.

It would be as simple as grinding off the tip a specified amount and readjusting to fine tune back to factory spec.

(??)