Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    The air fittings came in today so I can get back to work...
    I'm really excited about this frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    I'm really excited about this frame.
    + 1...

i am pumped to see how this turns out... i might have to sell my chimera to buy one of these

Any news here? A sketch, maybe?
    could you get a blurry picture of what you have so far. maybe walking in the woods of Louisiana?

I'M VERY EXCITE!

Form follows function, so this stage is very boring; it’s currently all about mathematics and not about looks.

Can anyone help with out with where I can get trigger bearings and Emag size magnets in bulk? (I’ll admit that I’m being lazy and have not looked myself, just looking for a short cut)

For bearing maybe http://www.bocabearings.com/

Little up date, it looks like 45 grip compatibility is out. Having to design around them puts unnecessary limits on the frame and forces me to make it longer than I really want. I think I will just machine panels with a single screw mount and a small recess to maintain location. There was mention of making it compatible with the CCM grip panels. Myself, I don’t really care enough to purchase a pair to design around. So if you guys want that option I will need a donor pair (That I will return) to look at, we need them sent in ASAP.

The Micro Rock is out too as far as the sleeper configuration goes; it too is severely limiting design and space. I again was forced into making the frame longer in order to make space for it. If everyone really needs a sleeper setup I can do a foregrip to hide the LPR or perhaps those working on the LPR Foregrip will complete them to fill that gap. Plus I’m not willing to sacrifice the design parameters I have in mind in order to hide a regulator inside the grip especially when it is not necessary. At any rate that will just have to be a different project.

The detachable trigger guard is looking promising and at this point it is becoming to main drive of the project. It will allow me to design a trigger for the Pneu/EP Mag setups to aid in building those. In addition you should still be able to use your favorite Intelli trigger for mechanical mode. I don’t really know much about the single triggers that are out there so I will manufacture one for purchase with your frame. If AGD single triggers use the same geometry parameters as the Intelli they should work on this frame.

My only concern at this point is on the single trigger pneu-mag setup, there would be a lack of leverage on the trigger to trip the MSV-2 or the SMAV-3, it may be a tad snug. The single trigger EP Mag (Micro switch) should not be an issue…
    Last edited by luke; 08-30-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Boing!

My only concern at this point is on the single trigger pneu-mag setup, there would be a lack of leverage on the trigger to trip the MSV-2 or the SMAV-3, it may be a tad snug. The single trigger EP Mag (Micro switch) should not be an issue…
    My first pneu setup had the trigger rod just above center of my bottom finger. The lack of leverage on the top finger wasn't so noticeable, but the difference between the top and bottom was. That was with less than 1/2 of the msv-2 lever. With one finger you should be good, especially if you use a full MSV lever.

Just out of curiosity, would this single trigger have a ball bearing?

Are you planning to mill the pockets for the trigger switch and MPA-3 as well so that one can easily assemble it with no need to do extra modifications?

Are you planning to mill the pockets for the trigger switch and MPA-3 as well so that one can easily assemble it with no need to do extra modifications?
    MPA3 will be available fully machined ready for install.
    Frame will be ready for:
    MPA with Palmer 90
    SMAV3
    MSV2
    D2F (or any micro switch)

The frame will not need a "rod" to activate the switches, the trigger will be designed for that.

I don’t have concrete answers on the bearings yet, but it is my plan to use a bearing in both the double and single trigger.

do we have a ballpark price yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    do we have a ballpark price yet?
    lol, surely you jest…

i did say ballbark

MPA3 will be available fully machined ready for install.
    Frame will be ready for:
    MPA with Palmer 90
    SMAV3
    MSV2
    D2F (or any micro switch)

The frame will not need a "rod" to activate the switches, the trigger will be designed for that.

I don’t have concrete answers on the bearings yet, but it is my plan to use a bearing in both the double and single trigger.

i did say ballbark
    Sorry I don’t have a single clue, I am no where near being able to even consider that.

The Micro Rock is out too as far as the sleeper configuration goes; it too is severely limiting design and space. I again was forced into making the frame longer in order to make space for it. If everyone really needs a sleeper setup I can do a foregrip to hide the LPR or perhaps those working on the LPR Foregrip will complete them to fill that gap. Plus I’m not willing to sacrifice the design parameters I have in mind in order to hide a regulator inside the grip especially when it is not necessary. At any rate that will just have to be a different project.
    While reading this I had a thought that crossed my mind, I am not sure how possible it would be or how economical, im just throwing out there. I also realize that simpler is usually better and im sure it is in this situation, but I figured id throw this out there anyway.

The original Dangerous Power Fusion has screw in LPR that also alows higher pressure to pass through it. The part of the LPR that screws into the body of the fusion is 1 1/2" long and 5/8 dia, the part that sticks outside the body is 7/16" deep and 3/4" dia. What I was thinking was a gas through foregrip design that could accept one of these lpr's in the bottom. I got a new program for the sign shop and needed the practice so below is a picture of roughly what I was thinking. Since a new regulator came in the parts kit and in their "hyper color kit" I know there has to be lots of unused LPR out there for it, I have 3 full working extras and a couple without any parts in them.

http://www.fusionowners.org/magforegrip.jpg

The top piece was an afterthought, it is a vertical asa that would go with it. The red is for HP, the yellow LP, green are orings, blue are fittings, brown is the foregrip and grey is the asa. Everything on the bottom is a recreation of the fusion lpr.

... I think I have to much time on my hands...

Are we there yet?

With what free time?

Have not even had a free second to even think about this project with the fund raiser stuff going on.

With what free time?

Have not even had a free second to even think about this project with the fund raiser stuff going on.
    Fair enough. But if you come up with this after the first week of October, you will have to hold one for me up to February so I can bring it with me next time I'll go to the US next year. I was really hoping to take one on this next trip...

With what free time?

do you have free time now?

Got my brain back into this project finally, gotta make some changes in the original design and concept just to get this out, more info as it progresses.

I'm looking probably about a week and a half to get back to designing.

w00t, still trying to save up

count me in...im itchin to build me a new pump..

Got my brain back into this project finally, gotta make some changes in the original design and concept just to get this out, more info as it progresses.

I'm looking probably about a week and a half to get back to designing.
    Looks like I came back at just the right time. Looking forward to your work, count me in.

I went through and re-read this thread.... (i rhymed ) and every time i get a sense of where its going I loose myself again...

So what I have gathered:

-It will be switchable from single to 2x trigger
    -It will be a pneu-frame. can it be used as a mech?
    -It will not be compatable with 45 grips. will it be a 45 frame? do we get panels with it?
    -I am becoming very annoying.

did I miss anything? what do we have set in stone as of yet?

so the only thing set in stone is me being annoying

so the only thing set in stone is me being annoying
    First step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.