Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    Well, that was my very first suggestion if you look above.
    And I second that and found the pictures for you

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Why would an 86* be better than a 90* frame?
    A short version of the 90 degree Angel type frame hasnt been done.

Theres plenty of Logic and RPG hybrid frames floating around used,

and Shawn still sells the Triton new too.

I'd say if you are going to make something, make it something new

thats not been done already.

Just saying.

You'll probably sell more if it fits both AM/MM and RT Pro/Emag length rails.

I would definitely by a 86*/90* single trigger frame for my pump mag.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    You'll probably sell more if it fits both AM/MM and RT Pro/Emag length rails.

Truth. This along with an RTP style flatbottom UL pump milled rail would be amazing especially if you designed it around a pump kit.... Make it all flow.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Truth. This along with an RTP style flatbottom UL pump milled rail would be amazing especially if you designed it around a pump kit.... Make it all flow.
    I do have an idea for a pump setup that has not been done yet. I believe I have only mentioned the specific design to one other forum member here. However being a one man show dealing with all aspects of this by myself it takes some effort to get new stuff to market. And on top of that low production numbers is little incentive to spend every waking hour designing parts.

Here is where I feel we are:

1. Short 90* Angel style grip.
    2 Single trigger.
    3 AGD safety parts.
    4. I believe I can design this to accept 45 grips. (I dont care for single screw per side grips)
    5. EP, Pneu, Mech friendly, ready mount Intelli switch, EP trigger switch, MSV-2. (If possible)
    6. Must fit all rails. Wingless but also referring to trigger guard size which is not an issue with a single trigger.

I'm not really sold on a built in snatch grip, personally I think it looks funky on a Mag. But besides looks it will add to the price of materials which are not very cheap these days. I would much rather machine a nice snatch grip to add to the products I currently offer. (???) It’s not completely out of the question, but you guys will have to convince me otherwise.

I do have an idea for a pump setup that has not been done yet. I believe I have only mentioned the specific design to one other forum member here. However being a one man show dealing with all aspects of this by myself it takes some effort to get new stuff to market. And on top of that low production numbers is little incentive to spend every waking hour designing parts.
    I know, but designing things with future parts in mind would be awesome. I have just not yet seen a pump kit that took design into consideration. All pump kits so far look like add ons rather than specifically designed for the Automag.

Sorry, didnt mean to veer offcourse.

I think you are spot on for you assessment of where its at on this. My only question is that when "pneu friendly" is mentioned is someone thinking sleeper capable? I think trying to design a short 90* frame that will accomodate an LPR and pneumatics is going to be rough.

Sounds good, though I'd throw in a vote for a modular trigger guard to allow for a double trigger without doing 2 different runs

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    Sounds good, though I'd throw in a vote for a modular trigger guard to allow for a double trigger without doing 2 different runs
    I dont know if I am sold on that idea at this point...

I know, but designing things with future parts in mind would be awesome. I have just not yet seen a pump kit that took design into consideration. All pump kits so far look like add ons rather than specifically designed for the Automag.

Sorry, didnt mean to veer offcourse.
    But you really have no clue what what I speak of. As far as I know this has never been done on any marker ever made.

I think you are spot on for you assessment of where its at on this. My only question is that when "pneu friendly" is mentioned is someone thinking sleeper capable? I think trying to design a short 90* frame that will accomodate an LPR and pneumatics is going to be rough.
    I never said "sleeper"
    Personally I love seeing the regulator sticking off the front of an ASA.

But with that said, that is the beauty of a CAD program, I can figure out easily enough if it’s doable.

But my motivation is not to hide a regulator in the frame. I have a specific size in mind for the grip and would not make it larger because of a sleeper setup. If “they” want that they can choose a different frame.

Here is where I feel we are:

1. Short 90* Angel style grip.
    2 Single trigger.
    3 AGD safety parts.
    4. I believe I can design this to accept 45 grips. (I dont care for single screw per side grips)
    5. EP, Pneu, Mech friendly, ready mount Intelli switch, EP trigger switch, MSV-2. (If possible)
    6. Must fit all rails. Wingless but also referring to trigger guard size which is not an issue with a single trigger.
    sounds like a dream pump mag frame to me...
    with what you have planned so far, count me in for at least 2...

your current assessment would make me a happy customer.

Red face

Short 90 degree with Intelliframe (or your own double) trigger for me.

If you make it a single trigger you will likely be limiting your sales to those building pumps.

If you make it a double trigger everyone can use it, not just pump players.

Unless you are making two versions.

Just saying.

If you make it a single trigger you will likely be limiting your sales to those building pumps.

Just saying.

I agree that a double trigger will most likely apeal to more players, but personally I would be out since I AM wanting it for a pump. Already have 3 vert doublt frames. Dont need another.

But my motivation is not to hide a regulator in the frame. I have a specific size in mind for the grip and would not make it larger because of a sleeper setup. If “they” want that they can choose a different frame.
    I'm good with it. as long as those requesting it to be "pneu friendly" are as well. I would think some would find it pointless to make it pneu compatible and not sleeper capable. I could be totally off base. I personally don't care if it's pneu friendly.

It will be imposable and/or very uncomfortable to do a double trigger on a short body 90*

I can't stand a Sub compact grip and it will basically be the same for this. Remember you have to take into consideration of the ASA and what not. Half your hand will be on or over it.

I'm good with the proposed idea as well. Don't really mind not being able to make it a sleeper. What attracts me the most in this is the possibility of making it EP, rather than pure pneu.

i would be pumped if you just offered CCM 86* frame milling services for mags... then you wouldnt have to develop an entire product :P

This is what a lot of people have requested of me.

I will send it in for you to get measurements of of.

I see no reason this would not work with eyes and a pump kit or go with only pneumatic parts and not EP.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    This is what a lot of people have requested of me.

I will send it in for you to get measurements of of.

I see no reason this would not work with eyes and a pump kit or go with only pneumatic parts and not EP.
    While its nice for what you have it for, I would not be interested in a production version of this.

*I love seeing the regulator sticking off the front of an ASA.

Cant think of anything worse looking? A nice lpr foregrip for the win if u want some cad files for a finished version of one let me know

I think that AO has spoken more than once that a gas through LPR for grip would sell if the price was right. I would buy one.

Ditto on that hills

Hiding the LPR on an EP or Pneumag conversion is a must in my book. I only went with external LPR on my own Egomag because there wasn't much alternative at the time.

I'm also really fussy about minimising external hose runs where possible. Seen plenty of nice EP conversions spoiled by messy hosing and LPR installations
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 08-04-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Just saying.

One way or another there would for sure be a double trigger frame because that is what I want for myself.

I'm good with it. as long as those requesting it to be "pneu friendly" are as well. I would think some would find it pointless to make it pneu compatible and not sleeper capable. I could be totally off base. I personally don't care if it's pneu friendly.
    I'm not sure when “Pneumag” became synonymous with “Sleeper Pneumag”.
    But if it is possible to have the option of stuffing a Micro Reg in there I will, however like I said, it will not dictate the design, or not much.

Adding mounting points for various parts is not big deal over all and won’t significantly affect the over all price. Having a universal platform will help sales, not only for me but on the resale end too.

Part of this idea is for my benefit as much as the customers, not in terms of sales but more of a “low inventory” issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    i would be pumped if you just offered CCM 86* frame milling services for mags... then you wouldnt have to develop an entire product :P

In general there is FAR less money to be made in modifying parts because of the time it takes to setup to do the work. In the end it’s much easier to setup and do a run of 50 parts than it would be to do 10 individual modification jobs. I know it is difficult to grasp that idea if you have never done machining work or any type of production in any industry but it is true. Production always rules over single part production.

Even with that said I'm still currently a "service shop" If you have a project contact me through PM and we can talk.

While its nice for what you have it for, I would not be interested in a production version of this.
    I don’t think Hill was pooping on the idea; he is just making a point that there can be a lot done with the smaller grip platform.

Yes sir, and the smaller frame would be easier to do the cad work on. Especially if I send in the prototype. One could almost do both designs. Only kidding,,,,,,,,,,,sort of.

In general there is FAR less money to be made in modifying parts because of the time it takes to setup to do the work. In the end it’s much easier to setup and do a run of 50 parts than it would be to do 10 individual modification jobs. I know it is difficult to grasp that idea if you have never done machining work or any type of production in any industry but it is true. Production always rules over single part production.

Even with that said I'm still currently a "service shop" If you have a project contact me through PM and we can talk.
    I had no idea! If it's less profitable then it sounds like you are on the right path anyhow for a product I would be interested In. Subscribed!

A question for the guys that have built Pneumags, is the Fabco-Air MSV-2 used over the Clippard SMAV-3 because it is easier to mount or is it performance? If I recall correctly when these conversions were first being done guys were using the SMAV-3. This may be a chance to design a frame with the SMAV-3 in mind. I believe these take less force to activate…