Thread: I need some AO family help near Atlanta!

I need some AO family help near Atlanta!

My 13 year old brother played his first game of paintball today and I promised him that if/when he started his paintball career I would take him under my wing and show him the ropes and help him in anyway I can...

It utterly breaks my heart though that he played his first game 850 miles away from me. He needs friends as he is new in the area living with our single mom who is a cancer survivor.

If anyone in or around the area or anywhere else far away can help. I just gave away 2 of my pod packs and have no spare gear.

He needs a mentor. Someone to show him the ropes and someone to be his friend. He needs to know that he can join a sport that is accepting of everyone and not Just the people who can afford to buy nice gear. I'm doing what I can to help him with paint costs and such.

Anyone near atlanta willing to be a friend to a total atranger? He played at safety wolf, btw

Congrats for him. Glad his first outing was a good one. If I had any spare gear I would send it. But I'm having to make 2 full setups now myself since the wife is hooked. I hope some people can shoot some stuff his way. Expensive sport for a kid.

Yea. My wifes playing now too. Same boat. I know how lack of money can kill a paintballers mojo

What do you need? I have spare pods, belt, rattle hoppers always good to have one of those handy.

I want to at least get him a pack. I can paypal you something for it.

No one from atlanta yet?

I have a tactical vest w/ pod holders I'm not using. It's not really kid sized, but also not huge either, I'm only 5'6", 170. He could grow into it...
    Yours if you want it. Send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    What do you need? I have spare pods, belt, rattle hoppers always good to have one of those handy.

he got them and is putting them to use.

I have news that he is volunteering at the field to earn paint and cost for weekend play. he currently has everything he needs to play except a gun and tank. the field has been letting him use a rental until he gets one. I'm doing what I can to get him something. still looking for someone in the atlanta area to coach him.
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 06-02-2013 at 08:08 AM.

still no one in Atlanta but I have been getting a response from people about helping him including Tha Wolf.

slowly chipping away at this

Glad to hear an update. Wish I had more spares to help you with

Does he have a gun? Shoot me a pm, ill dig around

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    still no one in Atlanta but I have been getting a response from people about helping him including Tha Wolf.

slowly chipping away at this
    What're you looking for gunwise? You snag a used 98 for pretty cheap and the bonus is that if it breaks most field techs can fix it.

he's pretty set on something that can ramp. the guys at the field he's at keep loaning him guns and keeping him as a free agent. apparently he's rocking out at it.

Tha Wolf is actually trying to get him a gun free of charge and I am ecstatic about that. if he can secure something for him the only thing we're missing is a tank

Still don't see the need in ramping. But whatever. To each his own.

That's pretty cool wolf is trying to set him up with a gun. Has he sparked interest from wolf or something? Help and all is great. Just impressed with the attempted free gun deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    he's pretty set on something that can ramp. the guys at the field he's at keep loaning him guns and keeping him as a free agent. apparently he's rocking out at it.

Tha Wolf is actually trying to get him a gun free of charge and I am ecstatic about that. if he can secure something for him the only thing we're missing is a tank
    Ok glad he has it covered. Was thinking about pitching in for something basic, but since he's set on something with ramping....good luck.

Yea. I don't think he'll get it but if wolf swings him a free gun then ill be the happiest bro out there no matter what.