Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    so are you doing like the m90 did and have a spot for mounting a micro switch, pnumatics,magnets, etc?

i know it would cost more to add those things and do the testing that is required.

your thoughts?
    Before I offer anything in house I would like to get these out there to see what guys want to do with them, it's intended to be a tinkerer frame or an ordinary mechanical frame. The idea was that you guys were going to drill the holes to mount the parts; I was just going to supply a platform to do so. These will allow more opportunity to use other parts that were once hard to mount, if I drill these for a specific setup it may interfere with builders that want to do something different. For now I plan on offering them this way but may do something different down the line.

nice. and i say that in a nonchalant cool hand luke kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Before I offer anything in house I would like to get these out there to see what guys want to do with them, it's intended to be a tinkerer frame or an ordinary mechanical frame. The idea was that you guys were going to drill the holes to mount the parts; I was just going to supply a platform to do so. These will allow more opportunity to use other parts that were once hard to mount, if I drill these for a specific setup it may interfere with builders that want to do something different. For now I plan on offering them this way but may do something different down the line.

ok good to know.
    i think i had asked that question before i just thought i would ask again.
    this looks like a good frame for me to throw a UTB into. with the clapper and the lpr all in one frame.
    that extra meat inside really allows for alot of options.

You can always offer custom grip builds. For those people with the tools, you can sell them as is. For those that don't, you could mill/drill/tap what they need.

Biggest headache for most is drilling the hole on the back side of the trigger and tapping the bottom hole for the LPR.

Everything else can be done with hand tools.

[/QUOTE]

VERY NICE!

A couple years ago I had a custom double-trigger 90* frame made that was the same vertical height as a 45* frame. Designed to take Hyperframe internals.

The end result was really close to what I envisioned, but just a few things stopped me from using it and I figure I'll take another crack at it, maybe with a different machinist. (I should post a pic of it, see what you guys think)

Now I see this and......man if only it was available as a hyperframe replacement.

curious question, are they all going to be flat top for RT rails?

VERY NICE!

A couple years ago I had a custom double-trigger 90* frame made that was the same vertical height as a 45* frame. Designed to take Hyperframe internals.

The end result was really close to what I envisioned, but just a few things stopped me from using it and I figure I'll take another crack at it, maybe with a different machinist. (I should post a pic of it, see what you guys think)

Now I see this and......man if only it was available as a hyperframe replacement.
    Do you have a (correct ) CAD file?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    curious question, are they all going to be flat top for RT rails?
    Yes, flat top only.

bummer

Why do you need a dovetail top?

Do you have a (correct ) CAD file?
    lol, no CAD file unfortunately. The measurements were taken from my original Hyperframe.

The 'prototype' works and all, but the issues I have with it are more machining quality and design issues with the guy I had do it for me.

I'll take some pics and post it up in a new thread for you guys to take a look at.

Reverse engineering a HF is doable but if you had a “working/proofed” CAD file it could launch the project into reality.

Got the programining done on the single trigger frame today, gonna try and get one cut this weekend.

Got the programining done on the single trigger frame today, gonna try and get one cut this weekend.

Yeah! What he said! ^^

A little update teaser, I have all the material pre-cut and machined and ready for production (all frames).
    Also cut two blanks (Operation 1) of the single trigger design.
    In all it looks like I will be doing 39 frames total in this run unless any get eaten up.

photo CIMG4331_zps577e6fee.jpg

I'll be in US (Scottsdale, AZ) during the first week of February so I have to ask:

1- Price point?
    2- ETA?

Thanks,

Mendel.

Name:  tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  106.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I'll be in US (Scottsdale, AZ) during the first week of February so I have to ask:

1- Price point?
    2- ETA?

Thanks,

Mendel.
    Cant really say if they will be done the first week of Feb or not, as I will also have to do triggers and panels.
    All I can say is this is the only project I'm working on and wont start anything else until it's done, I want it over with as bad as you guys.

I have not looked at cost yet, but I will asap...

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    I'll work on pricing soon, I was just waiting until I had a single trigger frame done so you guys could decide which you wanted.

Name:  tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  106.9 KB
    ditto, i have tax return for you!

I'll work on pricing soon, I was just waiting until I had a single trigger frame done so you guys could decide which you wanted.
    Don't let us rush you... despite all my anxious posting im not serious about bugging you. i am just excited! I think you are going to have a really nice product when you get it done!

BTW luke, i just got one of your Acis triggers for my emag and MAN do i love the feel of it! If you dont have the design finalized yet for the trigger you might want to think about stealing the contour of the Acis (the top half anyhow)

On the triggers, I will just include choice of the current line up of intellis I currently have.

BTW luke, i just got one of your Acis triggers for my emag and MAN do i love the feel of it! If you dont have the design finalized yet for the trigger you might want to think about stealing the contour of the Acis (the top half anyhow)
    What do you mean the top half, what would we do with the rest?

Don't let us rush you... despite all my anxious posting im not serious about bugging you. i am just excited! I think you are going to have a really nice product when you get it done!
    No worries, know there is interest keeps me on task.

What do you mean the top half, what would we do with the rest?
    i really like the horizontal cross section of the trigger, and also the shape of the concave curve on the top of the trigger. If those are things you can encorporate into a single trigger that would be awesome

Basically hack off the rest of the trigger after the flat part on the back:

Making that look good? i have no idea... thats your job

Oh, single triggers (duh ) I do have the trigger designed. There's not a ton of stuff that can be done with the single but if you guys like the heavy radius on the side like the Emag triggers that can be done. Or I could do something similar to the face on the carbon fiber frame triggers, (but the inverse) with a small radius side.

Here you go>

Dude. Yes.

Words can not express the joy I feel right now...