Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Nothing is concrete until all prototypes are completed and the production run is ready to roll.

im up for testing a prototype on the triple mag.

The anticipation! Update?

lol, Big changes being made.
    That's the problem with letting time laps between design sessions. I actually have 3 complete frames designed and 1 about 3/4 of the way done, however I have desided against marketing any of them.

why? not. if someone will buy them... make them

I suppose that’s a good question, mostly because the design process is really just a small part of actually bringing one to market. The programming still has to be done, machine set up, program proofing and fine tuning and prototype testing, etc. Doing all this myself takes a great deal of time, effort and headache. So I try get as close to right as possible before getting that far along in the process. And I think each design gets better and more refined after all the extra thought and (re)design time. Not to mention I’m getting better at programming (which has to do with the design of the part) to save time in manufacturing. Some of the older designs would have left very little room for profit because of the complexity in design. (So on and so forth)

Update:

I have completed the design for a double trigger, 86* mechanical frame. It uses AGD triggers and safety parts. This frame was designed with Pneumag conversions in mind and should be very easy to set up. However it will not come ready to install your parts, just a platform to do so. It will come with aluminum grips specifically made for this grip.
    I will also do a single trigger version. The model is not done, but is only a few more hours of design and programming in order to cut a prototype.

I still have to program the machining, but have ordered the tooling and I have materials. I should be ready to machine the prototype when the tooling arrives.

This is far from what I set out to do but I just can’t seem to find the time needed to design it.

oooo. can we get a screen shot of the design so far?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    This is far from what I set out to do but I just can’t seem to find the time needed to design it.
    Why put out something you're not 100% on? If what you envisioned is considerably better, why not just wait until you have the time and do it the way you really want it done?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Why put out something you're not 100% on? If what you envisioned is considerably better, why not just wait until you have the time and do it the way you really want it done?

why does he have to make just one

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Well that's just it, because my EP frame design and concept was being severely altered in style and function. I would rather do 3 frames than produce one frame I was not completely happy with.

Getting there...
    The programming proved to take more effort than I first anticipated but we are about there. Unless I think of something this evening that throws a monkey wrench in the middle of everything I should be cutting the first operation tomorrow. In all OP1 is about 80% of the machining. If everything works out the rest should be a breeze.

sweet

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    You are = you're.

Looking forward to seeing the proto. Hoping I have money sometime soon to spend...

thats funny, I went to goggle and typed in "youre awesome" and that picture came up.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Update:

I have completed the design for a double trigger, 86* mechanical frame. It uses AGD triggers and safety parts. This frame was designed with Pneumag conversions in mind and should be very easy to set up. However it will not come ready to install your parts, just a platform to do so. It will come with aluminum grips specifically made for this grip.
    I will also do a single trigger version. The model is not done, but is only a few more hours of design and programming in order to cut a prototype.

I still have to program the machining, but have ordered the tooling and I have materials. I should be ready to machine the prototype when the tooling arrives.

So want to see this come to fruition.........love 86* frames

Quote Originally Posted by Grelvire
    So want to see this come to fruition.........love 86* frames

Agreed!

Need to work on my fixturing, first two attempts bombed. (Trying to cut corners)

Not sure how many updates are necessary, but I came up with a new manufacturing strategy today, designed and programmed a fixture, and redid the programming for the first operation. Should be able to make some chips tomorrow.

Sweet! i am currently gathering parts for another build and i plan on using one of these frames! (unless its hideously ugly or something )

One more operation on the frame! (woo-hoo)
    All that is left is the top and bottom machining of the frame. Trigger pocket/MPA3 area and the asa screws on the bottom.

Still have to make grip panels but I need materails..

"The suspense is terrible, I hope it lasts" - Willy Wonka

Gonna try and do the last of the machining tomorrow, got a little off track today.
    (But I did spend Saturday and Sunday fine tuning the design and programming which will make for a nicer grip)

Man now that I think about it, I hope this is not being “over sold” as it was never my intention. The original design concept is not what I ended up going with. Although I’m stoked about the grip frame were just talking about an 86* grip with tinkering in mind. If AGD were to make an 86" frame this would probably be it (In regard to the basic shape).

With all that said, I laid out 7 different AM grips with this one included and this is by far my favorite.

youre gonna make me cry luke, at least take a blurry picture of it walking through the woods

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    youre gonna make me cry luke, at least take a blurry picture of it walking through the woods
    It's no secrete at this point, give me a minute and I'll snap a shot.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

The solid part at the top will be milled out from the top, a MPA3 should fit nicely.
    Uses AGD triggers and safety parts.
    Aluminum grips.
    These will be lighter than the Intelli frame.
    I'm going to do a single trigger design too.

Not sure what to do with an ASA mount on the bottom, with dove tails, T-slots, standard ASA 10-32 screw holes and sleeper mods being done to frames these days I’m tempted to not do any machining there at all. (?)