Thread: Weird flatline reg system, please help

Weird flatline reg system, please help

I just recently got this tank in a package deal. When i first filled the tak it was at about 600 psi, I was told it was adjustible but really have no idea how. the seller is no where to be found and seems to be ignoring my plees for help.

fisrt came, filled at 3000 psi out put was 600psi
    emptied the tank srewed the valve all the way in filled again now out put is 200-300 psi
    so i figured i went the wrong way so i unscrewed it as far as it went without forcing it.
    the emptied and refilled again to my horror still outputing 200-300 psi, with this on my xvalve
    the gun will not even cock.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciatred. or even a product name as a starting point

http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...20/Tank%20reg/

That's an old school Nitro-Duck from the looks of it. It is adj like a flatline

(Found this ^) looks almost right but mine has less parts? is this valve safe to use? And does anyone know if and how i can fix it, or change the the PSI?

made in 1998 with what looks like half of a nitro duck Mega Reg

Dude I have a 3000 flatline reg I'll sell you so you don't have to use that adjustable paperweight....I always get worried when people are messing around with old tanks and regs like that
    Girls are no substatute of paintball

Murphy's law of paintball: If it jams force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyways

i want something that will rt my mag. i have a new steely empire 48ci tank with 800-850 output. This is supposed to hit 900-950. Is there a Nitro duck rep i could talk, number website i can't seem to find one?

ps am looking for a 4500 psi adjustible reg that can rt my x-vavle.

Quote Originally Posted by M98Punk
    Dude I have a 3000 flatline reg I'll sell you so you don't have to use that adjustable paperweight....I always get worried when people are messing around with old tanks and regs like that
    ya i think your right it is just a paperweight, got a Ninja SHP on amazon 45$ i needed 4500psi thanks tho

Can i put a new Ninja SHP regulator on a old 1998 nitro duck tank

Got the Reg off of amazon. When i took it to my local paintball store they told me that the reg would not fit. Granted they lost my reg for awhile so i don't have the highest confidence in them.

The question is, can i put a new Ninja SHP regulator on a old 1998 nitro duck tank??

You should throw it in the bin and get a new or newer tank. Even if it has passed the last hydro it is 14yrs old...

To answer your question, yes you could do that.

Seems like I remember someone else recently running into a simliar issue with a new reg not fitting an old tank. So they could be right.

Hate to say it, but another issue you may have coming up shortly is that the tank is nearing the end of it's life. IIRC, cf wrapped tanks only have a lifespan of 15 years. You might just be better off buying a new or used tank with more time left on it.

The threading on those tanks are different. You'll need a different tank for sure for that reg

You have a picture of the tank?

i'll try and get more pics up soon. The thing is, the tank just got hydro-ed. So i don't mind spending 20$ or so on an old reg and get a few years out of it.

Didnt nitroduck make their old tanks with reversed threading?

Looking for new regclick to classifieds thread