Thread: Classic RT crapping out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Classic RT crapping out.

I got a classic RT, it was in great condition when I got it, but after playing (or attempting to play) with it today I kind of just want to hit myself in the face with a sledge hammer.

It leaks whenever I gas it up now. The first time it leaked I fixed it by changing one of the o-rings on the field strip screw (which are all in good shape now), but now it leaks from the back of the gun around where the regulator body sticks out of the back. I have no idea why this is leaking, all the o-rings are in perfect condition and it's driving me crazy.

When the gun actually worked for the first 5 minutes, it would shoot a few times, but then pulling the trigger stopped doing anything, but the trigger was still reseting, so I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Please help me. Thanks

Does it have a level 10 bolt?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Does it have a level 10 bolt?
    nope, level 7

Have plenty of air? Mine does that when I get down low. back out the pressure, might be high?

One of the two lower on-off orings can cause leaking out into the body area. The two little orings on the regulator pin assembly can cause leaking out through a vent hole in the side of the valve into the body area. The oring on the regulator piston assembly can cause leaking through a vent as well. Any of these can leak if a piece of dirt gets in there.

It sounds like the valve is not charging. Either the on-off pin is not opening, or your air supply is not a high enough pressure to operate the gun. Is the velocity turned up far enough?

I doubt the gun isn't getting enough pressure, I have a ninja shp reg outputting 1100 psi. I'll check the O-rings when I get home and see if theyre all good.