Thread: ohio players? ... .big game ?

ohio players? ... .big game ?

anyone gonna be at the splatterpark big game in ohio this spring ? .....

necro post but I was at the recent big games and I am going to the spring one this year. I met up with another mag user who used an RT pro. PM me if you would want to meet up there.

I usually don't go to Splatterpark unless it's for a private event. My team got sick of the Big Game and all the wipers/overshooters/etc. That was a few years ago. Has that improved at all?

Quote Originally Posted by guseppe16
    I usually don't go to Splatterpark unless it's for a private event. My team got sick of the Big Game and all the wipers/overshooters/etc. That was a few years ago. Has that improved at all?
    I am not sure what to tell you but all I can say for sure is that place has changed.... a lot. I have never had any one wipe because I always hold my fire until I see someone with a good chance of me hitting them and thats when I go RT effect on 1100 psi. I usually dont see people wipe though and the 2 times I have they got out. I say you go to the spring big game. They just took down the hypermounds and are going to be building an african village . I say you should go and check it out. It has definitely changed quite a bit. plenty of refs are around to keep fairplay going.

Promising to hear that. With so many fields closing down, that place may be the last big field in Ohio.

I had intended to go to the most recent Big Game to see if things were any better, but didnt make it out. Rec play there is actually decent, always has been, but I would agree that their big games left a lot to be desired. In the past certain sides appeared to be very highly favored and if you were on the wrong side, be prepared to get hammered. I typically prefer a scenario game with certain laid out objectives and goa rather than just a paint slugfest, but maybe they have incorporated more of this into their big games? I might try their Spring game if it fits into our schedule as it is considerably closer than several other fields that we prefer to play at.

first year for me and the 'Dragon" attending both Big Games spring and fall...sure it is a slug-fest, but for the price you cant beat it...and over-all thats why we play this silly sport...my 2 cents worth....thegrayghost

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I had intended to go to the most recent Big Game to see if things were any better, but didnt make it out. Rec play there is actually decent, always has been, but I would agree that their big games left a lot to be desired. In the past certain sides appeared to be very highly favored and if you were on the wrong side, be prepared to get hammered. I typically prefer a scenario game with certain laid out objectives and goa rather than just a paint slugfest, but maybe they have incorporated more of this into their big games? I might try their Spring game if it fits into our schedule as it is considerably closer than several other fields that we prefer to play at.
    I went there and it was great. Teams haven't been overwhelming supported recently. This year just about EVERYONE was saying "Go Blue Team!" and I thought for sure they were going to win by numbers, I was wrong, orange team won with the classic fight of "Quality v.s Quanity". The big time players (pretty much non newbs with no tippys) almost all went to orange for a challenge. The objectives are laid out greatly.

Although no field is truely perfect. my main complaints about the big game are that.
    1. I HATE the ironmen. 50 people every hour are rogue heavy gunners who choose when to go out.
    2. I wish they would put a bit more cover in some areas. Towards the end of the game the game ground down to one non changing border of land. There ended up being a "no-mans land" and no one could move forward on either side without getting out.

But overall it is a great field and has a stable base and I have no worries about it going out of business, The paint there is okay. It is wrek elite paint but if you have a level 10 then its no problem obliviously. Would love to see some mag users there.

Doesnt the Orange team win every year? Seems like there is definitely always a heavily favored team that "pulls it out" in the end every year. Could be wrong. I know the time I went there was definitely some hands on the scales.

it switches because some people who are usually the more skilled type go for more of a challenge and get purposely outnumbered. It can get pretty close.

And to anyone nearby I am going tomorrow for an end of the season game.