Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest

Gauging interest

As most of you now by now i do some Custom stuff, ive been working on some frame and body ideas but have been concentrating on the body more.
    Anyway this is still in progress but what do you guys think? as i wil put this into production if there's enough interest.
    The final version will have eye covers and hidden detents.
    it still needs some work but here it is:

Last edited by renie; 08-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Looks great in my opinion, the lines remind me of modern automobile design. I am willing to say that quite a few people would be interested, me included.

Looks nice.
    I could be interested.... depending on price.

That is probably the best milling I've seen on a mag body. Any consideration on doing a single piece body/rail combination? What are you planning to use for detents?

That looks real nice. If the price is right, I'd be interested as well.

Am I mistaken, or is this a unibody? I'll admit, it does look nice. Unfortunately I'm not currently in the market for a new setup, but it is one of the better designs that I have seen. I think demand will obviously depend on price.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13
    depending on price.
    what does it cost to SHIP a mag body from england

Flat rate box prices are ridiculous. IIRC its about $30-40 to ship a small flat rate box to Europe. These could easily fit into a padded envelope and it wouldnt most likely be over $15.

LETS START CUTTING ALREADY

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    That is probably the best milling I've seen on a mag body. Any consideration on doing a single piece body/rail combination? What are you planning to use for detents?

it is a single piece its stillin progress, once i finish it i will give a guide on price.
    it will have eyepockets and covers willed in each side milled for egostyle eyes and milled for detents aswell

Quote Originally Posted by renie
    it is a single piece its stillin progress, once i finish it i will give a guide on price.
    it will have eyepockets and covers willed in each side milled for egostyle eyes and milled for detents aswell
    I'd probably figure a price for eye milling and non-eye milling if there is a significant cost difference.

Love it!

I would not do eye covers unless they are set into the body though. This was the main reason, other than price, that few did the old style eye mod. Most say they dont like the way the eye covers disrupt the lines of the body. But there are other options now. I still think internal eyes would work even with an integrated design like this. The only issue is the tooling needed to do the internal eyes is very delicate.

I love the intentions of going with hidden detents!

I like it! You should call it the X body. Great work there!

My personal opinion is that it is one of the better looking designs of the ones out there. If the price on this one was in the same ballpark as most other high end custom bodies, I would probably buy this one. I am looking for a suitable body/rail for a (long term) Egomag project anyway.

Regarding eyes, I would very much prefer either hidden internal eyes, or no eye milling at all. Hidden detents is a very nice touch, which would be kind of ruined with visible eye covers.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Love it!

I would not do eye covers unless they are set into the body though. This was the main reason, other than price, that few did the old style eye mod. Most say they dont like the way the eye covers disrupt the lines of the body. But there are other options now. I still think internal eyes would work even with an integrated design like this. The only issue is the tooling needed to do the internal eyes is very delicate.

Eye covers would be flush like on a DM7 for example, as for extra milling on a batch of 10-20 it wouldn't bump the price up by much at all

SWEET. You could use the ego detents as well to keep the parts easy to source.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    SWEET. You could use the ego detents as well to keep the parts easy to source.

Already going with that one Hill

These things never seem to have the same timing as my spending money, but it looks great and I would to see it made.

Looks like a very nice design. Is the feedneck integrated like the Bob Long guns or will it be a separate piece, Angel threaded or possibly Ego style?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    what does it cost to SHIP a mag body from england

Shippings notbad at all all you need to do is do a search on google to get the best price
    i can get a 5 day delivery insured packet to america from england for about $25

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    Looks like a very nice design. Is the feedneck integrated like the Bob Long guns or will it be a separate piece, Angel threaded or possibly Ego style?
    Feed neck at present is integrated

and i dont have a problem with that

Looks beautiful - definitely one of the best looking bodies - reminds me of a Bob long to a degree. I guess we Mag owners are far less concerned about feed necks... all the early Blast had removable necks - I love the clamping on my Timmy for example. That said I never had an issue with the hopper/feedneck on my classic mags.
    I would love to add one of these bodies to one of my mags, but the price for these custom bodies is always above my budget. I'm watching the thread for price tho...

This is awesome, hope price and wallet has funds for one.

With an integrated feedneck, there is the possibility to get the same issue there was with the xmag wich is not working fine with all hoppers (rotor for exemple, need to be sanded).

That's why I'd prefer a seperated one.

In this way it's all so possible to install a clamping one.

is there a way to integrate a clamping neck into the design?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    I like it! You should call it the X body. Great work there!

Zang it meng !! You stole the words right out of my mouth
    first thing i seen was that elongated X
    Good looking CAD idea "RENIE"
    I don't hear any aluminum being cut lol

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Flat rate box prices are ridiculous. IIRC its about $30-40 to ship a small flat rate box to Europe. These could easily fit into a padded envelope and it wouldnt most likely be over $15.
    16.96$ USD to ship in a small flatrate box.

I like the clean design of the body ... are you planing a a matching foregrip as well ? I wouldn't call it the X body, might be confused with X mag.