Thread: gloves?

gloves?

OK guys and gals. I accedentily lost my nice JT gloves that i bought back in 95-6. They were at white River Paintball and I left them on the fill station tables. Bought a cheap pair of empire sniper gloves to get through the weekend. But they are big and bulky. So now i must replace my nice old gloves. I've gave up on searching and I'm asking. Does anyone make a nice durable full finger glove now with the taper cut wrist like the wonderful JT pro gloves were back then? I'd show a picture but I can't even find a picture of them old gloves in any sort of Google search.

Oh and no. Going to the store and window shopping is at. Due to location I have no choice but to do all my shopping online.

You can get several different types of light work gloves that might be exactly what you are looking for. I have used ones like that in the past and loved them. One of my favorite gloves was an old pair of Nike football receivers gloves.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

32* fingerless with soft rubber armor on the back... bought in 1999, haven't looked back. You can still find'em.

I like wearing work gloves, such as Mechanix gloves. Look for them at Home Depot, Lowes, Sears or even Walmart.

I use a set of work gloves from Home Depot, super comfy and cheap. Think the brand is CLC or something

Athomas. Doing a quick search on football receiver gloves. That is a promising angle to shop. May hit up the local Dix sporting goods and see what is in stock to look at first hand.

My biggest issue with mechanics work gloves is how thick the palm and gripping side of finger area is. My old gloves were real thin leather/leather like. Great sense of touch. And then just neoprine on the back. And the tapered wrist meant full mobility while wedged in behind stuff. I have a menards and home depot within 10 minutes of work. I will go and check again. But I've kinda gave up on that angle.

To me it appears everything now is either bulky for the beginner. With a rubber back. Or fingers cut out if its more "high end". The old paper thin leather palms, with a 3/16 neoprine back, full finger, and tapered wrist gloves appear to be a thing of the past.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 01-16-2014 at 09:06 PM.

I use these for trap shooting haven't tried them for paintball as I still use my JT's from 93----http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Allen-Shooting-Gloves-Black-Large-/141160906450?pt=US_Hunting_Clothes&hash=item20ddd87ed2

Seconding the recommendation for Mechanix gloves; I now use them for almost everything. They're about $10, which is less than any specialized glove. I use them for shooting (firearms and paintball), the SCA (hitting people in the head with sticks), biking, and actual wrenching about on mechanical stuff.

Mechanix gloves all the way... they make camo ones too which are reasonably priced and are usually all over Ebay.

Duluth trading company makes a really durable glove

You can always try finding another pair of older JT gloves. Have you seen Bacci's site lately?
    http://www.baccipaintball.com/gear/clothing/gloves.html

So far. The shooting gloves are out. I generally get shot in the back of the hand. Finger tips. Or goggles. So I have to have some padding on the back of the gloves.

Right now looking at the mechanix m-tac. looks like a potential depending how thick the palm and grip side of the fingers are. Otherwise it looks like a great option.

The football gloves look like a good potential also depending on the above. Lots of color options here. Haha.

A surplus pair of the old ones would be great. But everything I'm finding is still newer than them. With the rubber backs. Or something. It would almost have to be someone that bought them and quit playing. Otherwise I'd imagine they are wore out or tore up by now.

But overall it looks like around here no one uses and raves about a new glove on the market.

These are my favorite. Comfy. Thin, sure-feeling palms. A little protection on the backs but nothing bulky. Cheap enough so that if you hate them it's not a big deal. They fit me nice and I'd say I'm a "medium" in glove sizes.
    http://www.ansgear.com/JT_Full_Finge...rgloveblue.htm

I've actually been debaiting on buying them. Got to make an order with ans anyways.

I like the Mechanix M-pact, finger-less gloves. They have a nice fit, top guards, and do have a thin pad on the palms. The palms are pretty nice on recball/scenario fields though. Sometimes I put my hand on something and then realize it was good to have the reinforced palm.

Spider. Did you have to order them or was that model at a local store? Right now. That. Football gloves. And the jt gloves on the ans link are my front runners. I'm just concerned with the it gloves being partially made of microfiber. I'm paranoid. And don't like buying stuff twice. I really expected everyone to be using basically the same model of PB glove. Not everyone using mechanics gloves. Haha.

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/...ar-black-large

Dont' look back. Cut the fabric off your trigger finger(s) and you're golden.

I use Mechanix specifically because they're dextrous enough without removing the fingertips.

I ordered mine from mechanix. That model was hard to find elsewhere.

Spider. So I'm finding out. I've pretty much settled on purchasing a pair of them. Home depot doesn't have them. They can order. But oh well. Guess I'm gonna order a pair of the covert black ones to try. And go figure again. Pay more for all black. May take some getting used to. But as pointed out above. The extra protection may be a nice bonus for woods/scenario play.

I use the Mechanix M-Pact gloves too. There is an old version where the rubber on the back of the fingers was thinner and came to a point, and had a tendency to come unglued and peel back; and a newer version where the rubber on the back of the fingers is thicker, with relief cuts at the knuckles for easier flexing of the fingers. The newer version has been much more durable. You'd probably only find the older version on eBay nowadays.

Justice. You are correct. The older style can be had for 13 bux shipped. Newer style the only eBay dealer that had them for under 25 shipped is sold out of the all black.