Thread: Are there any ambidextrous HPRs out there?

Are there any ambidextrous HPRs out there?

I was wondering if there is any ambidextrous HPR in production, i.e. an HPR where there is high pressure input to both sides of the reg, or at one side and at the front/back. Any of you tech savvies know?

Not aware of any, but you might be able to get Palmers or AKA to come up with something fo r you. What's the end purpose of having two inputs?

I'm pretty sure the AA Black Ice reg had two inputs. Of course, they're not in production anymore. But, you may be able to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsson
    I was wondering if there is any ambidextrous HPR in production, i.e. an HPR where there is high pressure input to both sides of the reg, or at one side and at the front/back. Any of you tech savvies know?
    Try to get in touch with the folks over @ Ninja
    I bet they got one layin around that they drilled & taped both sides out by mistake , meanwhile you can go ahead & put an output gauge on each side
    Thats what ur looking for aint it

Maybe ship yours back ,they give you one with both sides done.
    While its there, tell em what output you desire ?? Ect,... Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL
    Try to get in touch with the folks over @ Ninja
    I bet they got one layin around that they drilled & taped both sides out by mistake , meanwhile you can go ahead & put an output gauge on each side
    Thats what ur looking for aint it

Maybe ship yours back ,they give you one with both sides done.
    While its there, tell em what output you desire ?? Ect,... Just a thought
    Input, not output. And pretty sure he's talking about an inline reg, not a tank reg.

The WGP BlackMagic and Ergo regulators had 2 inputs IIRC.

Yep, I was talking about an inline reg, but thanks for the input anyway. My idea was to use it on an electropneumatic Automag build, using the HPR as an LPR providing it could be consistent at that low pressure. I was hoping to get rid of the external LPR in the easiest possible way, without any custom built fore grip/LPR combo.

CP regs take the input on the bottom. There are others that do as well.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ah yes, thank you. However, my idea was to route the HP input at one end/side of the HPR, and out on the other end, to the valve. So the HPR would act as a standard gas through with the hoses to the valve. Then the idea was to at the same time use it as an LPR, routing the low pressure up through the vert asa, route a hose through the vert asa and through the rail to the frame. Oh well, I guess I might have to use an external LPR, or so it seems.

I'm fairly confident someone has done this before with a Palmer's reg. I've tried to find some photos of the setup, but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking around and see what I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsson
    Ah yes, thank you. However, my idea was to route the HP input at one end/side of the HPR, and out on the other end, to the valve. So the HPR would act as a standard gas through with the hoses to the valve. Then the idea was to at the same time use it as an LPR, routing the low pressure up through the vert asa, route a hose through the vert asa and through the rail to the frame. Oh well, I guess I might have to use an external LPR, or so it seems.
    CyberThug on PBN did this with an ANSGear HPR. Wasn't the prettiest, but it worked.