Thread: So I must be bored...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So I must be bored...

I got this crazy idea that I wanted to modify an automag to function basically as an autococker. I don't know if a blow forward can become a blowback or just stay as a blow forward.

Is it possible?

My plan:

Remove spring
    install ram in front like a pump setup
    install a 3 way in grip similar to a pneumag
    install reg at asa or sleeper

reg to feed 3way
    trigger to activate 3way and on/off
    3way to activate ram
    ram to move bolt

I know you will want to castrate me, but you can't say I don't think outside the box. Also, understand that the following cocker was my go to gun for 10+ years. I owned numerous other setups but this was my rock.

so if i understand correctly you want to replace a simple spring with a complex pneumatic setup? you MUST be bored!

I know! Kinda in the mood to tinker...

Its early, I havent had coffee yet, and still trying to wrap my mind around this. Essentially, are you wanting to set it up as a pump, but have a ram inplace of the pump? If this is what you're thinking, you could have a specail vert asa built that would act as a multiport block to mount the 3 way and the ram. Would you also need an LPR to feed the 3 way?

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. Using a cocker pneumatic front block to cycle a mag. It would take the trigger pull to activate the 3way and the on/off. It would allow the use of a lighter bolt.

I really wanted to hide everything possible in the grip frame. Ideally I would like to hide an ans mini ram(or similar) in the automag rail. Threading the 3 way into the grip frame to adjust timing and run all tubing internally.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay
    Thats pretty much what I was thinking. Using a cocker pneumatic front block to cycle a mag. It would take the trigger pull to activate the 3way and the on/off. It would allow the use of a lighter bolt.

I really wanted to hide everything possible in the grip frame. Ideally I would like to hide an ans mini ram(or similar) in the automag rail. Threading the 3 way into the grip frame to adjust timing and run all tubing internally.

so would it be a Pneumag with a ram? u got good ideas TimmyJay! do you have all the parts already? the STO ram would be another good option...second to the ANS ram!