Thread: RTP sear pin threads

RTP sear pin threads

What are the threads on the RTP sear pin? It looks like maybe 1/4, but what pitch?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Its 1/4 #28 pitch

Thanks man...

I just realized after posting I don't even need the threads. There's no reason the sear pin can't just be press fitted into the rail, no need for threads... Just a normal 1/8" pin and some proper tolerances.

How are you going to get it back out though? what if your sear busts or you want to send it to anno?

I have a couple of spares for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    How are you going to get it back out though? what if your sear busts or you want to send it to anno?
    We might not be thinking the same thing. I'm talking about just a normal pin press-fitted into the hole, kind of like on the trigger frames themselves with the trigger pins, or like on the Tiberius, which is just press fit in. So the holes are all the way through the rail if necessary, although I might make one side of the rail a bit more captive to make it one-way.

If your drilling all the way through the rail then you should be fine with a pressed pin.

Are the PTP threads the same as AGD sear pins?

Why not just use an 1/8" pin and the proper size allen screw (1/4-28 as stated) just dont over tighten it. No reason to press one in.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Why not just use an 1/8" pin and the proper size allen screw (1/4-28 as stated) just dont over tighten it. No reason to press one in.
    That's actually a good idea. However:

1. The meat for such a screw is cut down when making a ULE rail
    2. Extra screw is extra cost
    3. This is the only threading that is required on a rail. Eliminating it is definitely worthwhile.