Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HALO... skip the WARP

HALO... skip the WARP

i'm looking to mount a Halo loader to the side of a TAC 1 body and mod it to feed like a warp (lighter)

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...390&highlight=

what halo loader do i need? rip drive, V35, empire B2, ect...
    is there a difference in the shell plastic? i don't want it to shatter
    boards/internals? i want to push 15 bps MAX thru ~6" warp tube

i don't know much about Halo's if this is to difficult for this loader is there a better choice under $80 ( not trying to hack up a rotor )

Link

I'm working on this myself right now. I picked up an MM2K9 so unwanted to run it warp left, but I don't have a warp. I tried setting up my Prophecy using copper pipes, but it wouldn't feed consistently, too much friction and weight of the ball stack to push it I think. I didn't want to hack up the Proph either, so I ran it straight out of the bottom. You will need a Reloader B2 (not B). I just picked one up cheap on PBN. You can also use a Halo Too. I'll be following the same guide that TimmyJay posted for the build, then I'm just going to drill a hole in an aluminum bar to mount the hopper.

B2 was the fastest halo style loader built, which i assume means its the most powerful motor setup. you will want that when pushing paint that high up.

A side feeding Halo is called a "Rip Clip".
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

This is something I've been planning to do for ages. Got most of the parts I need and hope to start building one very soon.

Got a nice RT mag here that this set up would warp nicely into.

no rip clips, trying to move the loader off the gun completely and this is a cheap alternative,

i have a warp but the setup is heavy on one side, plus mags aren't the lightest guns

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013
    no rip clips, trying to move the loader off the gun completely and this is a cheap alternative,

i have a warp but the setup is heavy on one side, plus mags aren't the lightest guns
    gym.
    they arent too heavy,
    but i see what you are saying about wantin the warpfeed gone.

Is the loaders capacity affected by the mod?

For the setup I want the loader will push out the "side"

Right before the raceway connects to the feedneck headed down, I'm going to cut and add pipe to push out of the right side, effectively rotating the new feedneck 90* up

Then add warp hose and adapters...

BOOM! lightweight small profile perfect to see over the top of the barrel and great for woodsball when I hide upside down from a tree like some kind of bat ninja

Just started my project tonight. First thing tonight, working on is getting the mount setup. I've got a piece of 1/8" aluminum, drilled a 1" hole using a door lock bit thing. Still needed to take off a little, so I just went around it with a Dremmel until the loader fit. I'll be using a pipe clamp on the feedneck to hold it in place. Next is cutting the bar to fit it properly on the gun.

i just picked up a magna loader, i figured the position of the internals and feedneck will make for a clean final product

Here are some photos of my setup with the warpless mod.

Shooting video? (And don't post a rick roll'd vid)

Here is one...slow trigger finger. I bought this paint from Goodwill for $2.99 a bag. Shot like it too.

i haven't got my magna yet... but when i do it's ON

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Shooting video? (And don't post a rick roll'd vid)

I'll get one up next time I play. Check out TimmyJays link to the MCB thread in the second post here, there's a video of an A4 shooting with a similar setup (Reloader B2). I've tested the loader itself, just not on the gun. http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y...2DBF148EA5.mp4 Should work pretty well.

Just got my warped B2 reloader done on my X-mag. Was a bit of a job cutting raceway and fixing the plumbing elbow on with 2 pack epoxy but it turned out ok. cutting the shell to make space internally was also a bit trial and error, and I have lost a little space in the battery compartment due to the hose path. Did a static test indoors last night and had it throwing paint out the hose like a fountain. I've tried to keep the warp feed as short as possible, while still allowing enough space for my hand. This will reduce ball stack height and hopefully the strain on the motor. I've got a couple of heavy duty Tamiya 3V motors on the way - just in case the stock one can't cope. Just need to rig up the mounting on to gun and I'm in business.

Should also work well on my RT Pro with powerfeed left body - using a slightly longer warp hose.

Saves lot's of weight and bulk compared to regular AGD warp setup, and I only think you loose about 10 balls capacity compared to stock reloader.

I'm really pleased with end result.

Last edited by GEE TEE; 09-17-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Looks Great!

It definately takes some time eyeballing the cuts and laying it out. It helps to have your epoxy really start setting up or you are stuck holding...shifting fixing....shifting fixing...

Now we just need someone to make custom shells and inverted inserts to take the guess work out...or at least an inverted insert and we all can drill out existing shells.

I NEED that euro body!!!

The magna I bought is in the mail, all I need is warp hose. can anyone recommend a hose?

I've seen the regular warp hose and the q loader hose, but I've also seen some hoses I don't recognize

thanks-

Thanks to to Timmyjay for posting the original link to MCB thread

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...el-a4-fly.html

That was a massive help on this build

Got a second test done last week with mount finished off. Shot really well until the foamy went AWOL and broke a ball. Don't seem to have much luck with foamy's lately Was difficult to shoot fast balancing camera on my knee while shooting one handed with remote hose. Got a big game on this week to test it properly under fire.

http://youtu.be/iKMjrH23Sgk

i'm building a custom bracket but i will have pics up soon

Put 1 1/2 boxes of paint throught the mag yesterday and it fed perfectly all day

Got a lot of interest from the guys I was playing with. Looks like I'll be making a few more of these

Nice work!

Someone please make custom shells with inverted inserts.

Anyone have any long tubing for warp/qloaders ~16"?

Might want to post this in the BST, but IIRC Tuna sells this type of tubing as well and may have longer lengths.

http://www.proteamdirect.com/bprofwarhos.html

WHA??? you can stretch the warp hose? i don't know why that never occurred to me