Thread: shootdown on a classic Pneu-mag

shootdown on a classic Pneu-mag

it almost seems I can shoot faster without the Pneu-mag setup. as soon as I start walking it, it starts sputtering

I put in a sear stop and have yet to put in the trigger stops so I may be short stroking it. Its a classic valve with a RT on/off and hills efficiency mod

Is it a "Classic" valve or a "68Automag" valve?

Is the sear stop set to just let the bolt clear the sear?

Are you using the full lever on the msv-2? If so, the return force can be very weak without a spring or magnet mod. Between that and no trigger stops, the msv may be slow in returning. The travel needed to switch the msv at the stem is 0.005" to 0.010", so stops will be good thing regardless.

I eventually just had to come with terms that I suck at walking a Pneumag. A couple of my friends could do it quite well while I had to concentrate on doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaccen
    I eventually just had to come with terms that I suck at walking a Pneumag. A couple of my friends could do it quite well while I had to concentrate on doing it.
    Heh, it's aggravating watching someone else run your mag flat out when you can't, isn't it?

My son could run 14 bps consistently and would chuff-break about once per day. I could do 11bps and would chuff every time I tried to move and shoot.

Yeah, it's a bit unnerving to see them ripping along while I just gave up and "single finger" it now. The pull is light enough that I can still blow a bunch of cash on paint flying down field

To the OP, I found that trigger stops made the largest difference. A good return on the trigger also helps. I have the magnet mod and the pen spring mod. It makes for a slightly stiffer pull, but it did make it walkable. I just trimmed the spring until the trigger was to my liking. Seeing as how I'm not the best at walking the trigger, I might remove the spring and just go with the magnets (ie. make the pull lighter as I just "single pull" with my pneumag).