Thread: New to AO, Kinda new to Mags.

New to AO, Kinda new to Mags.

Figured I'd pop over here. I've developed quite a collection of Mags in recent months. Currently I'm sitting on a dozen or so, 3 RT Classics, one Pro, a Retro valved Classic and the rest are Classics/Minis. Had tons of fun, its great using them on the fields. The markers are older than most of the players usually.

I've done a few chop n crop projects. I did a Spyder E frame Mag, kind of neat. Did a Longbow type build with an old Spyder clone body. Have a Pneumag project but it isn't perfect yet, should be soon.

Something I completed yesterday is really awesome, made a mechanical trigger lock when there is no ball in the breech. Pretty much a set of eyes without eyes. 100% mechanical and 100% invisible on the outside. I have shot it with Classic level 7 valves, works great there, but it more than likely won't work on an RTing valve. The safety is still there and fully functional. It takes some milling, nothing too hard and if you have a steady hand you can probably get it done with a Dremel. I spent about 2 weeks trying to come up with a design, only took 2 hours to complete from scratch so anyone can do it. If there is interest I'll post pictures.

Hope to be a contributing member on here, looks like a good group of mature paintballers. Not exactly common anymore.

Color me curious, I think pictures are in order!

yes pics please

somehow I thought you were already a member...

(I'm Jedihippie)

Welcome to the insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Tempted
    looks like a good group of mature paintballers.
    Looks can be deceiving

Mature in average age at least.

Pics would be great.

MOTY3
    Welcome aboard

heh, i remember your posts on pbn where you were like... i fell off the deep end and bought a bunch of mags

yup

Well I tried to clean up some edges to make it look prettier before I posted pictures and broke the trip plate. I am cutting a new one now(from a Mag sear), should be ready tomorrow. My first trip plate was made from a Spyder E sear.

Well I tried to clean up some edges to make it look prettier before I posted pictures and broke the trip plate. I am cutting a new one now(from a Mag sear), should be ready tomorrow. My first trip plate was made from a Spyder E sear.
    I was thinking this setup must be pretty delicate. Does it work with gravity feed, or does it need a force feeder?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    I was thinking this setup must be pretty delicate. Does it work with gravity feed, or does it need a force feeder?

Gravity. It isn't actually delicate, one paintball can offset 1000lbs if the balance is perfect. I was hitting it with a wire wheel and it put too much pressure on an area that I drilled to lighten the top.

2004, lol

"Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Not really. What it does is swing down and lock the trigger without a ball in the breech. The pin sits on the safety lock porch of the trigger. When a ball sits on it the plate pushes down and rotates the locking pin back about 3mm away from the safety porch.

Not really. What it does is swing down and lock the trigger without a ball in the breech. The pin sits on the safety lock porch of the trigger. When a ball sits on it the plate pushes down and rotates the locking pin back about 3mm away from the safety porch.
    Did you read the post I linked from 2004?