Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since the clock is running...

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself

Since the clock is running...

I am not posting this to be "Debbie Downer", but since there is a real possibility that it's the last time I will have a chance to do so....

It's been a lot of fun AO. Lots of memories and hours spent on this site. Aside from what happens with the "save AO" thing, I wanted to be sure and give a shout out in case it's gone later.

Thanks TK. Your product was a benchmark of quality.

Its a good point.

AO aside what I learned on this sight affirmed to me that I am not the only one who believes there is more to running a busy than making the most money possible. Regardless of the outcome what I learned on this sight from many others and TK has been invaluable far beyond the game of paintball.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Chicken little at it again.

Unhappy

More worried about Bob than about AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando

Quote Originally Posted by going_home

^ this

Someones expressing their appreciation for AO and you wanna belittle them. Yeah thats nice.....

Ando, before you joined AO, this forum was much friendlier (not just directed at you) as a whole, and looked past negative parts of a post and read deeper into them. Maybe you could try and do the same? Maybe we ALL could try and do the same.

BE, after the things you said on another forum, I'm surprised you would post or even visit AO.
    I have nothing good to put here...........

Quote Originally Posted by Shane-O-Mac
    Someones expressing their appreciation for AO and you wanna belittle them. Yeah thats nice.....

Ando, before you joined AO, this forum was much friendlier (not just directed at you) as a whole, and looked past negative parts of a post and read deeper into them. Maybe you could try and do the same? Maybe we ALL could try and do the same.

BE, after the things you said on another forum, I'm surprised you would post or even visit AO.
    Yeah well I feel just as BigEvil does. I still visit this place daily multiple times but I also think that for Tom Kaye to ask the AO Community to fund the store and the other forums hosted along with Automags.org is a bit disingenuous.

Back on Topic.

If AO should go to the wayside I will say that I am grateful to have been a part of this community for the last 8 years. I have made some friends here that will be my friends forever! Had great times paying paintball with them and many others that I have not yet had a chance to talk with and officially "meet"!

I am not worried about not seeing these guys again, we congragate on other sites! We can always use them to coordinate! I am not worried about this database either. I know the guys that have contributed mosst of it anyways and can give them a call if I really need something!

^^^ I'm with you on this one!

MOTY3
    Yeah well punk doesnt think this sight is relevant anymore or so he "posts" on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    Yeah well I feel just as BigEvil does. I still visit this place daily multiple times but I also think that for Tom Kaye to ask the AO Community to fund the store and the other forums hosted along with Automags.org is a bit disingenuous.
    I looked back and do not recall where TK has been less than sincere about what to do with AO. IIRC his first comments involved selling it. Noone has stepped up and offered to buy it. Has TK not been forward from the beginning that such a move will benefit other sights as well? I read through the past and it seemed to me that TK was forward about it and everyone knew what was going on. I think you might have to hunt down a new word for what you think it is because disingenous just does not work by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    IIRC his first comments involved selling it. Noone has stepped up and offered to buy it.

Oh no? You know this for fact my friend?

*Pressed for time, will add more later.... BUT

I remember a good friend of mine telling me that he would get customers asking for all sorts of things that he would never want to do. He wouldnt want to piss off a customer by telling them NO, so he would quote some outrageous price.

Just some food for thought.

I looked back and do not recall where TK has been less than sincere about what to do with AO. IIRC his first comments involved selling it. Noone has stepped up and offered to buy it. Has TK not been forward from the beginning that such a move will benefit other sights as well? I read through the past and it seemed to me that TK was forward about it and everyone knew what was going on. I think you might have to hunt down a new word for what you think it is because disingenous just does not work by definition.
    dis·in·gen·u·ous   /ˌdɪsɪnˈdʒɛnyuəs/ Show Spelled[dis-in-jen-yoo-uhs] Show IPA
    adjective
    lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

I think the "hypocritically ingenuous" or "insincere" sort of fits but. . . .

OK then how about cheap or possibly unconcerned. I really get the feeling like he doesn't care what FATE AO suffers. I suppose I could be wrong but it took many people offering suggestions before he even set up a place for people to offer up their support funds. That seems like a lack of concern to me.

I still think that his other forums and the AGD store should not fall on the shoulders of the membership. It is my opinion and I am allowed to have it. I am also not alone in this. So be it.

You are certainly enlitled to your opinions. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and move on.

dis·in·gen·u·ous   /ˌdɪsɪnˈdʒɛnyuəs/ Show Spelled[dis-in-jen-yoo-uhs] Show IPA
    adjective
    lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

I think the "hypocritically ingenuous" or "insincere" sort of fits but. . . .

OK then how about cheap or possibly unconcerned. I really get the feeling like he doesn't care what FATE AO suffers. I suppose I could be wrong but it took many people offering suggestions before he even set up a place for people to offer up their support funds. That seems like a lack of concern to me.

I still think that his other forums and the AGD store should not fall on the shoulders of the membership. It is my opinion and I am allowed to have it. I am also not alone in this. So be it.

You are certainly enlitled to your opinions. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and move on.
    You might be right to some degree about not caring or caring less than $3K worth. For instance I would like to see AO continue even if I do not regularly participate in it. However its not worth $3K to me. I actually had to put a dollar amount on it and did. I would guess that TK has a dollar amount on it as well - and its not $3K.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Oh no? You know this for fact my friend?

*Pressed for time, will add more later.... BUT

I remember a good friend of mine telling me that he would get customers asking for all sorts of things that he would never want to do. He wouldnt want to piss off a customer by telling them NO, so he would quote some outrageous price.

Just some food for thought.
    I do not know it for a fact. I have not offered to buy it recently. I have not witnessed it change hands so I am assuming noone made an offer that TK deemed worthwhile.

I know what you mean, but considering the haggling on the subject over the last few years, I can't see faulting him for stepping in late. I'm interested but didn't realize the whole thing had become serious until I saw a post from AGD. Honestly, the most I expected to happen was for someone to start a new forum again.

About the database itself, it's the odd modifications and consensus of opinions that I used to run searches for. Stuff like ULTs in classic valves, LPRs for pneus, EM frames, pie vs. cake, etc.

MOTY3
    I think we can all agree that we dont want AO.org to die. I also believe that the current active members are just as important as the ones who have gone on before us.I dont want people feeling sorry for poor AO because when it comes down to the n*t cuttin I dont think we would allow that to happin if givin a choice.I'm against mergering with any other forum because I think this forum is unique. I personally am not interested mulling through a bunch of other topics to get to what I am interested in and that is Automags and the like minded. That being said I have never been much of a Kool-Aid drinker myself.

I like the kool-aid, at least here.

If TK is willing to lead to keeping AO I will follow his lead. Perhaps there are better ways to do it then the way he is doing it now. Perhaps he has not looked at all the alternatives. However I will trust me to have at least an idea of what he is doing and follow.

Its not so much about AO for me. My presence, or lack of for awhile, speaks louder than anything I can say. Its more if TK thinks it is worth trying this way I will follow. Obvioulsy I will not follow blindly or without restraint - the fact that I did not send thousands of dollars shows that.

Ando, before you joined AO, this forum was much friendlier
    What are you talking about, this is the friendliest forum in all paintball.

And FYI...this is my second account here on AO. The other (which I can't remember) was made between '03 and '04. I REMEMBER what AO was apparently you've forgotten and the potential it could have been is anybodies guess. Unfortunately, the sites badly hindered itself from growing. Having to PM admins on other forums to get registered here? Redonkulous!!!

Lastly, before you go "shaming" me. My comment was a joke, if you knew Punkncat (MJ), that man is privy to a lot of WTF moments and drama, his glass is always half full. Trust me when I say this. You'll know when I'm belittling you.

As for this site. I want it to prosper but it's been left to wither away the last 7 or so years...literally. The site could have been so much more then what it is now.

Someone posted this on another site...
    AGD is his legacy not Fossils or DB Cooper
    If this place goes down in the way that everyone is "fearing" then there's nothing left keeping the legacy alive other then old PB cronies and scholars.

Lastly, screw MCB, PBN, TechPB and every other PB forum out there...hell even BEO.

I would rather see this place fall then be assimilated and become someones "honorary" sub forum.

Die with class and be remembered for what you are...The baddest ****ing marker ever!!!

I like the kool-aid, at least here.
    Last edited by Ando; 09-11-2012 at 12:47 AM.

$1200.00 and 25 days to go $3000

Who pressed the panic button?

Lastly, before you go "shaming" me. My comment was a joke, if you knew Punkncat, that man is privy to a lot of WTF moments and drama, his glass is always half full. Trust me when I say this. You'll know when I'm belittling you.
    I had just let the comment go for what it was worth, but this is another story.

If you were living the **** sandwich that I have been a part of the past five years I would love to see you coming on and being all "bright and cheery" for the masses. In addition to issues with my health and life, there have been a great deal going on with my wife and my children as well as friends. Unfortunately I just haven't had a whole lot of happy going on to report about lately. I use the forums to vent, much to several users voiced displeasure. I suggest that if my "drama" is more than you wish to see or deal with, I welcome you to discover the back button, or adding me to an ignore list. My situation is not such that I care to have you poking fun at me.

Thanks.

And for everyone's edification, that's what sociopathy looks like.

And no, I'm not talking about punkncat. Hope things get better for you.
    Last edited by GoatBoy; 09-12-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: yes, i forgot teh not
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy

And no, I'm talking about punkcat. Hope things get better for you.

I really hope you forgot a "not" there....I have never considered myself an Antisocial personality.

We hope things get better too.

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat

'snip'
    Thanks.
    Wait, you mean all that stuff is real?

J/K

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat

If you were living the **** sandwich that I have been a part of the past five years I would love to see you coming on and being all "bright and cheery" for the masses. In addition to issues with my health and life, there have been a great deal going on with my wife and my children as well as friends. Unfortunately I just haven't had a whole lot of happy going on to report about lately. I use the forums to vent, much to several users voiced displeasure. I suggest that if my "drama" is more than you wish to see or deal with, I welcome you to discover the back button, or adding me to an ignore list. My situation is not such that I care to have you poking fun at me.

Thanks.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch...I was just trying to get your goat. I for one enjoy your drama and love that you vent to a bunch of twenty-something's like they're going to get where your coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy

And no, I'm not talking about punkcat. Hope things get better for you.
    Was that a shot at me? If so I resemble that remark.
    Last edited by Ando; 09-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Question Wheres Beemer ?

http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...664#post323664

Shot right across the bow Beemer...........

Quote Originally Posted by UThomas
    Beemer really worked his magic over there as a mod... what a shame.

Could this be the cocker vs mag wars rekindling ?

i loive this place its a shame it will go thte wayside

http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...664#post323664

Shot right across the bow Beemer...........

Could this be the cocker vs mag wars rekindling ?
    I'm kind of glad I missed those messes. I did witness a bit of the MM09 drama, but was otherwise too busy. Still, I do visit on occasion, just in case something useful or interesting pops up in the world of Mags. I admit, it would be a little odd if the site went away.
    "My Jell-O is dying in the audience..."
    Merrill Howard Kalin

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I was just trying to get your goat.

Wouldn't that be, by definition, trolling?

Speaking of trolling, where's behemoth?

More like Oger'ing.

wow, we really need a functioning chat room