Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Rail Milling Run to Raise Cash for the Save AO Fund.

Luke, might I suggest taking photos of the various rail types while you have a bunch in house, I know it would have been helpful to me to see a actual picture of the rail when I was trying to decide which style to pick. Not picking on your CAD drawings but sometimes you can't beat a real picture, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    Luke, might I suggest taking photos of the various rail types while you have a bunch in house, I know it would have been helpful to me to see a actual picture of the rail when I was trying to decide which style to pick. Not picking on your CAD drawings but sometimes you can't beat a real picture, just a thought.

lol, everyone hates on the cads, all detail is lost on raw aluminum in pictures. I like the cad because it shows the actual shape.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    lol, everyone hates on the cads, all detail is lost on raw aluminum in pictures. I like the cad because it shows the actual shape.
    Perhaps to appease us whiners you could have both the CADS and actual pics Like I said, just an idea, either way I will continue to look to you for most of my milling needs.

just a small request... can you get a group shot of all the rails when theyre done

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    just a small request... can you get a group shot of all the rails when theyre done
    Some have already shipped. Plus if they get mixed up you might not get the rail back that you sent in.

You guys can post up pictures here with your completed marker when your done.

This Offer Is Closed.

All Payments have been received and donation was made.

Lets get those parts in the mail so we can finish this up!

Will the following guys please PM me your shipping address.
    I know it’s probably on your packages but I would like to have it type written.

redlaser666
    c_losjoker

Some of you may have already sent it to me, but if you are on the list your PM was probably deleted.

Thanks

wixxxman please clean out your inbox so I can answer your PM.

Some have already shipped. Plus if they get mixed up you might not get the rail back that you sent in. :
    I sad but youre working at superhuman speed! maybe ill get mine back by saturday

Check the first post in this thread for shipped packages.

I get caught up with work and miss this. Send me a PM if you ever re-open this.

BTAutoMag--------------2----------Shipped 9-12-12

Quote Originally Posted by Jaccen

I get caught up with work and miss this. Send me a PM if you ever re-open this.
    ^^ This.

When this started up, I went looking online to snag a AM/MM rail for it. Too late. Then I spot one in my own sale thread! Doh!

(Hard to keep track of what you have in the sale box when the wife makes you clean up everything and move it all down to the basement )

Sorry guys this is closed and wont be reopened.

Legend tells of a man who milled rails without even taking them out of the box they shipped in... Lightning Luke they call him.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    Legend tells of a man who milled rails without even taking them out of the box they shipped in... Lightning Luke they call him.
    Love that!

Came home today to some shiny milled rails in the mailbox. Top notch work Luke, they look GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonersdds
    Came home today to some shiny milled rails in the mailbox. Top notch work Luke, they look GREAT.

Got mine... which is why my wifes mad. didnt pay any attention to her during my lunch after the box was opened

Bump

Status pics of finished rails guys

See first post for updates.

The ramaining orders will be filled when all have arrived.

heres mine. stock, teth and ultralight. I put the stock in there for comparison for just how much material was removed... I played today and both frames got a royal workout. performed without a fault.

PS as I work at a machine shop and have access to all kinds of metal working tools I changed something on one of his frames... thats your only clue.

NOTE TO SELF: Always check and make sure customer has not left set screws in sight rail holes!

Finish

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    heres mine. stock, teth and ultralight. I put the stock in there for comparison for just how much material was removed... I played today and both frames got a royal workout. performed without a fault.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2547.jpg
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2548.jpg
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2549.jpg
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2550.jpg
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2551.jpg

PS as I work at a machine shop and have access to all kinds of metal working tools I changed something on one of his frames... thats your only clue.
    What kind of finish is that paint out of a can?
    Last edited by AO Moderation Team; 09-22-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: remove img tags in quote

NOTE TO SELF: Always check and make sure customer has not left set screws in sight rail holes!

Wasn't me, but I do put set screws in the sightrail holes on my Emag/RTP rails. Sorry to hear that Luke, did it ruin a mill?

hope it didnt kill anything.

Didn't kill anything but the final product kind of sucks. The only way I can think of removing them is in an anno tank.

Didn't kill anything but the final product kind of sucks. The only way I can think of removing them is in an anno tank.
    Get some reverse drill bits. Use the smallest one you have, make a hole then use a larger one and go very slow. Usually the larger one will catch on the smaller hole and that might turn out the rest of the screw. There's no pressure on the so it should just come right out.

Uggh, I hope I was not the culprit. I was in a rush when I grabbed the rails and threw them in the box... If so I'll make an additional donation to the save AO fund...

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Get some reverse drill bits. Use the smallest one you have, make a hole then use a larger one and go very slow. Usually the larger one will catch on the smaller hole and that might turn out the rest of the screw. There's no pressure on the so it should just come right out.
    I didnt catch them before the rail was milled, the only way to get them out now is an anno tank.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter311
    Uggh, I hope I was not the culprit. I was in a rush when I grabbed the rails and threw them in the box... If so I'll make an additional donation to the save AO fund...
    ding-ding we got a winner.

No worries, my biggest concern was on the pump slot. I was afraid it would break the tiny end mill, but didn’t.

I was able to sand out the chatter marks on the side of the rail, but the left over set screws can not be removed without going in the anno tank. (Anodizing will burn them out.)