Thread: Circuit board repair

Circuit board repair

Hey, guys. I was working on replacing a SMD IC on a very expensive board and lifted (ripped it clean off) a pad. The pad is actually still in good shape. I can place if on the board and everything still lines up, so I don't need to replace any of the trace, I just need to reattach the pad and solder it to the trace.

Here's where you come in. I was wondering if any of you know where I can get some adhesive that will hold the pad to the board and hold up to the heat of soldering. I've seen heat activated dry film adhesive mentioned in PCB repair videos, but they never mention where it can be purchased. I'd like to use this or a similar product because it seems to make for a nice clean repair.

I've exhausted my Google Fu, searching for the stuff. So, if any of you know where I can get some or have some I could purchase, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Places like Digikey, Mouser and Allied all cater to the electronic hobbiest. These would be good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Places like Digikey, Mouser and Allied all cater to the electronic hobbiest. These would be good places to start.
    Thanks for the response. I was looking at Jameco and Digikey already. Neither seemed to have what I'm looking for (or at least easily found on their sites). I'll check Mouser and Allied.

I use a pair of needle nose tweezers with an elastic band around them to hold the trace / component when I solder. if it's finicky like that.