Thread: Stock feedneck on X-Mag's - removal?

Stock feedneck on X-Mag's - removal?

Are the stock vertical feednecks removable on X-mag breech modules?

I removed the two small grub screws in the ends of the breech block, but the neck won't twist out. Are they held in by loctite or press fitted as well? I want to get a new stub pressed in to take either a clamp on or threaded cocker style neck. The stock one is way too small for 90% of my hoppers.

very secured press fitted.

they are hard to remove but not possible.

if you can get it out cleanly please let me know, i would like to do the same thing and and replace the stock one with a stub tube.

thankyou,
    KNM.

Using gloves, heat the body with a heat gun or dryer. Then chill the inside of the feed tube with CO2.
    Forest Gump of paintball

The one I have seen disassembled looked like you cannot twist it out. It had parts that interfered with other parts so that you cannot turn it. I think you have to strait pull to get it out. The heat and cold thing would be my recomendation as well.

Ok thanks for the advice so far

watch this space

or leave it in GT and ill machine round it to take a creed clamping feedneck

I think loguzzz does a mod where he puts a clamping feedneck on.

Get with either Luguzzz or BE. They both have he ability to completely remove and replace the feed neck with a CCM or what ever type feedneck you like. The replacement one needs to be long and wide enough to fit the hole. The long CCM feed necks are perfect for this and look stock.

Quote Originally Posted by renie
    or leave it in GT and ill machine round it to take a creed clamping feedneck
    It had considered this as a possible option - using something like a clamp on ego neck. It's a popular conversion on cocker bodies that have non-adjustable necks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    Get with either Luguzzz or BE. They both have he ability to completely remove and replace the feed neck with a CCM or what ever type feedneck you like. The replacement one needs to be long and wide enough to fit the hole. The long CCM feed necks are perfect for this and look stock.
    Thanks Ando I'll keep that option in mind as well